The Official Kanye West - 'T.L.O.P' Album Thread Discussion

Options

Comments

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @S2J so you're not gonna explain what it means?
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that verse was dope n went over a lotta heads there was a lengthy thread about the meaning of the lyrics hen it dropped

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/512793/jay-z-and-jay-electronica-souljaboy-we-made-it-remake/p1
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Jay has had his chance to check Drake and all we got is " Mrs Drizzy"

Because jay reeeeealy tried with that one

when the last time he really tried tho? Jay is a made up character to some of ya'll
    as far as direct competition, his record not that stellar

he handled Jim Jones......clap clap

You really trying to pick a ? who don't write his ? over a ? mc? In a battle???????

I hope you don't gamble my ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I still think Hov is gonna ether Drake for the ghostwriting and for comparing himself to him. I woulda took the Summer Sixteen comparison ? as a disrespect.

He'll probably just throw an obvious sublim at him. Jay ain't been involved in a full fledged rap beef in over a decade.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    @S2J so you're not gonna explain what it means?

@FishNChips Its worthy of a read, interesting stuff

Long story short, according to NOI and 5% type philosophy ancient man was all black. Yakub was an evil (black) scientist responsible for creating other races other than pure black aka Asiatic black man. He was to blame for creating white (and blended, hint) devils.

So 1) If u folow Jay electronica he's always takking about the Asiatic black man. Hence on a song with jay elec , if u know jay z, when in Rome. ...he shows where he at wit it... 2) Yakubs can be taken as any white devil and Jay just talking in general, or taken as a direct hit at drake being a blended devil. Eirher way. ..filthy .

A good number of rappers have mentioned Yakub. So in true Jay fashion the direct reference he makin for those 'who listen like this' is:

Grand Puba: "Here comes the ? to send the devil right back to his cave.… We're gonna drop the bomb on the Yakub crew"

Nas is aware also: "You devils will run back into the caves you came from" -Message to the Feds, Streets Disciple
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

^^^ *Doesnt know what chasing yakub back in the cave means post* lol

Thats why i ? wit jay. Its like the Simpson's. High brow bars for those that 'listen like this', then lil kiddie bars and low hanging fruit like 'mrs drizzy' for the Elzos of the world

Jay's We Made It verse was FILTHY

hey yo refrain from mentioning in a derogatory manner again
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

^^^ *Doesnt know what chasing yakub back in the cave means post* lol

Thats why i ? wit jay. Its like the Simpson's. High brow bars for those that 'listen like this', then lil kiddie bars and low hanging fruit like 'mrs drizzy' for the Elzos of the world

Jay's We Made It verse was FILTHY

hey yo refrain from mentioning in a derogatory manner again

? you and everything you love ? .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Lol at WTT2. Ain't nobody wanna hear the camel in 2016. If anything it's with Kendrick or Drake. Maybe even Chance. It'll probably be a solo though Mike Dean was just trolling

Says who? If anything he will have just as much to say in his lyrics as Kanye if we're keeping it all the way real

Says the general public. Jay learned from Magna Carta Holy Trash. People ain't checking for him anymore. If WTT2 actually happens it'll be just another example of Jay clinging to Kanye in hopes of maintaining his relevancy. Dude is 46 years old ffs

You sound mad cause the man destroyed your hero on a whole album

How can last album going plat before its released (Samsung cheat code or not) = people not checking for him anymore?

Im not saying nobody is checking for Jay but that Samsung platinum before the release dont prove ? .

? Jay and all these platinum (but not really platinum) releases he got goin at RocNation

#CheatCodes

You do know Jay last album sold a million plus outside of the Samsung million right???
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at WTT2. Ain't nobody wanna hear the camel in 2016. If anything it's with Kendrick or Drake. Maybe even Chance. It'll probably be a solo though Mike Dean was just trolling

Says who? If anything he will have just as much to say in his lyrics as Kanye if we're keeping it all the way real

Says the general public. Jay learned from Magna Carta Holy Trash. People ain't checking for him anymore. If WTT2 actually happens it'll be just another example of Jay clinging to Kanye in hopes of maintaining his relevancy. Dude is 46 years old ffs

How can last album going plat before its released (Samsung cheat code or not) = people not checking for him anymore?

Im not saying nobody is checking for Jay but that Samsung platinum before the release dont prove ? .

? Jay and all these platinum (but not really platinum) releases he got goin at RocNation

#CheatCodes

You do know Jay last album sold a million plus outside of the Samsung million right???

See the quote i commented on

We talking platinum (pre-release)

...that free digital givaways counting as record sales is ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao...Jay Z will got platnuim with or without the Samsung cheat code. You ? forgot Big Sean plat? What makes you think Jay wont got plat with the new way they handing out plaques?
    GetoBoy wrote: »

#CheatCodes

See the quote i commented on

We talking platinum (pre-release)

...that free digital givaways counting as record sales is ?

This is 2016. It's not ? anymore.

• DNB1
    Options
    And where did the Jay removed his ? from Apple come from...

All of his albums are on there.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    did you know you get album sales just for people streaming your single, not even buying it and..............record sales are still lower then ever. How else do you think Adele did those first week numbers in 2016.

the industry is ? atm

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga's We Made It verse was ? . He turns up the heat for Electronica and the way he's able to reference the other rapper's topic of choice is dope
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did you know you get album sales just for people streaming your single, not even buying it and..............record sales are still lower then ever. How else do you think Adele did those first week numbers in 2016.

the industry is ? atm

Adele didn't have her album on any streaming services. She's against streaming and only released physical copies.
    She even approached Apple about selling physical disks in Apple retail stores. They said no
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »

the industry is ? atm

Adele didn't have her album on any streaming services. She's against streaming and only released physical copies.
    She even approached Apple about selling physical disks in Apple retail stores. They said no

singles count as album sales(i assume she sold singles to chart), being streamed on youtube and getting ad revenue counts as well I believe, could be wrong

her numbers are inflated, but she still would of sold a fuckton
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the industry is ? atm

Honestly i would prefer an artist be like Adele and release only physical copies or mp3 for purchase only. I hate the idea of something like TLOP only being on Tidal forever (obviously it probs will go to copies in stores due to the label). But this is why video games used to suck back in the day. Had to get playstation for metal gear and then xbox for halo on some ? . I liked the idea music could always be purchased multiple ways outside a few extra bonus tracks.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

the industry is ? atm

Honestly i would prefer an artist be like Adele and release only physical copies or mp3 for purchase only. I hate the idea of something like TLOP only being on Tidal forever (obviously it probs will go to copies in stores due to the label). But this is why video games used to suck back in the day. Had to get playstation for metal gear and then xbox for halo on some ? . I liked the idea music could always be purchased multiple ways outside a few extra bonus tracks.

You're not moving with the times though. I don't own a CD player...like, why would I? From the whip to all round the house all music is played through my phone.

Bluetooth speakers amd connections to car stereo changed all that ? .

I copped Documentry 2 and never opened it. Just stream the ? and can download it if I want to.

I bet good money a lot of people bought Adele CD and ripped it straight to MP3.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

the industry is ? atm

You're not moving with the times though. I don't own a CD player...like, why would I? From the whip to all round the house all music is played through my phone.

Bluetooth speakers amd connections to car stereo changed all that ? .

I copped Documentry 2 and never opened it. Just stream the ? and can download it if I want to.

I bet good money a lot of people bought Adele CD and ripped it straight to MP3.

Trust me i stream 80% of my music and am right now on spotify. But the fact they are cutting people off from buying a product via mp3 or CD in the case of kanye makes it to where people are going to be forced to sign up for a paid service. That is my only issue. As soon as they start limiting more music to a specific service that is when the user looses their free choice.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye doesn't write his rhymes or produce his tracks now. His talent is to bring a bunch of artists together and get the "best out of them".

So he's basically the rich man's DJ Khaled?

Or the poor man's Puff Duddy?
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Thats 10x better

If that was on the TLOP it wouldnt catch the skip like it do now
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye doesn't write his rhymes or produce his tracks now. His talent is to bring a bunch of artists together and get the "best out of them".

The common man's Dr Dre?

At this point the greats like Ye, like Dre are head coaching instead of quarterbacking
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

The common man's Dr Dre?

At this point the greats like Ye, like Dre are head coaching instead of quarterbacking

They said dre was actually writing lyrics for the Compton album