Activision spending $500 million on Destiny

Options
2»

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In hindsight great investment Activision.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great investment

I love the game.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao what happened to all the economists two years ago?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had potential to go either way. Probability is real in finance and this isn't Madden. Good for them that it paid off.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boorrrrrinnnnnnngggg ZZzZZZZZZzzzZ
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    One of the wackest games in my PS4 collection next to garbage ass Watch Dogs
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the wackest games in my PS4 collection next to garbage ass Watch Dogs

Lies
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Destiny is one of the most half-assed games ever made, but what it did get right is great. Pros don't out weight the cons however. I had friends to play with and that is the main reason I stayed with it so long. But even that is played out now.

I'm don't intend to touch the sequel. I've already given that game way more money and time than it really deserves.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey everyone let's shoot that monster for a half hour until it dies... Yaaaaaayy... Awesome game. Now let's do it a hundred more times...yeaaahhh
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey everyone let's shoot that monster for a half hour until it dies... Yaaaaaayy... Awesome game. Now let's do it a hundred more times...yeaaahhh

Sounds like a real game changer.
  • The Recipe
    Options

Ive got hundreds of hours in Destiny never shot a monster for 30 minutes. Mainly because there are no monster in the game they are aliens and secondly I have great ? weapons. Statements like this prove ? never played the game they just talk out the side of they neck.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this ? said its not a monster, its an alien.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quit it around level 9 due to it being so boring. Doesnt help i have to unlock vs mode
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    $500 million is a lot I doubt they'll ever make that back. LOLOLLOL Nintendo can spend 1% of that and produce a game that will sell like a blockbuster movie and win critics. If that's what Activision is planning to consistently spend on games they're going to go out of business over time. Nintendo could have used that budget to create 2 next gen consoles and a full line up of games for 2 whole years for both AND marketed them on top of that SMMFH.

You're crazy. They made $500m first day. They more than made their money back by now.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The budget for the life of the game is 500m

They haven't spent that much in the game yet.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Quit it around level 9 due to it being so boring. Doesnt help i have to unlock vs mode

My son finally broke me down and I let him make a character he like level 10 bruh at level 9 youve experenced 1% of the game you havent even unlocked any of the skill tree the jumping abilities the supers etc. Honestly it is kind of boring at that point, because you havent unlocked its potential.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    $500 million is a lot I doubt they'll ever make that back. LOLOLLOL Nintendo can spend 1% of that and produce a game that will sell like a blockbuster movie and win critics. If that's what Activision is planning to consistently spend on games they're going to go out of business over time. Nintendo could have used that budget to create 2 next gen consoles and a full line up of games for 2 whole years for both AND marketed them on top of that SMMFH.

You're crazy. They made $500m first day. They more than made their money back by now.

Drop a link for that I want to see the receipts. 500 mil in a day ? Wouldn't that make if the best selling game of all time ?? I aint calling you a liar but that ? don't sound right.

They are the best selling new IP of all time.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/09/17/destiny-is-the-worlds-best-selling-new-franchise-ever

OK so maybe I exaggerated a little but they definitely had to recoup between first week sales of the original game, season pass, and the taken king being launched which I believe everyone had to pay for. Not to mention micro transactions.

I never bought it but got a few friends who rocked that heavy.