Charlamagne on #OscarsSoWhite: Can't Boycott What You're Not Invited To

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hUpEhfxBY

He's right. We as a people need to stop demanding that we're included in white people's (in this case Ashkenazi Jews,) ? . We have the money and stories that we want to tell. Black people who are in the film industry need to go to Detroit, (because their damn near giving away land in Detroit,) set up shop, and start our own studio system. The Indians (Dotheads,) didn't beg and plead for the Jews to give them ? . The Nigerians didn't beg and plead for the Jews to give them ? , so why are we (in 2016) begging and pleading for inclusion and validation when we should be doing our own thang?

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do we know what other people did? Why do we care?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great lets go back to the ? leagues of everything. That was the good old days.

Y'all ? don't realize how insecure you sound when you want to take your ball and go home knowing full well you don't have a ball or a hoop. You not hurting or bothering white folks by taking yourself out of the game. If anything you relieving them of the headache of involving you.

The racist whites will have an even better time if you aren't there.

Opportunities are the important thing, more actors, more studios, diversified movies, things will right themselves.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Y'all ? don't realize how insecure you sound when you want to take your ball and go home knowing full well you don't have a ball or a hoop. You not hurting or bothering white folks by taking yourself out of the game. If anything you relieving them of the headache of involving you.

Opportunities are the important thing, more actors, more studios, diversified movies, things will right themselves.

Naw bruh.

Money talks and ? walks.

African Americans actually have a lot of clout financially.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw bruh.

Money talks and ? walks.

Not even close near compared to whites.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

I understand what you're saying and there is some validity to your argument, BUT when you have the majority White folks making decisions on whether to give an award to a multitude of Whites or the one or two Blacks that may or may not have been nominated who do you think they're going to choose.

If you really want to hurt White folks stop supporting White owned ? ; Black folks may only make up about 15% of the US population but we have way more finacial power than you know.

We love riding around flaunting our name brand ? as sign of status when Ralph Lauren, NIKE, BMW, Mercedes, Caddilac, Apple, Gucci, Louis Vutton, Rolex, etc. don't give a damn about us; however, when I see someone rocking that stuff more times than not they're Black.
  • jono
    Options

Naw bruh.

Money talks and ? walks.

Not enough to justify what we are discussing here.
  • jono
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Naw bruh.

Money talks and ? walks.

Not even close near compared to whites.

That's not the point.

The Black dollar is very coveted in America. If Black people self-segregated and started putting our money into our own communities, projects, companies, etc. you don't think those white folks [and Arabs and Asians] would feel it? Think about how much money professional sports teams bring in. That's all off the backs of Black athletes.

They will feel it but what about the pay cut those black athletes will take not making millions in advertisements, not making millions off jerseys and ticket sales. Who is going to build the stadiums? White people own those too.

This concept of living in a segregated America is foolish.
    Why do you think they always thrown random tokens into TV shows and movies? Why do they throw random Black families in TV ads? Why did they buy BET? To promote diversity?

Naw, they want that Black dollar. No matter how much they got they could always use more. Now they're starting to cater China and other Asians so you're going to see more and more Asians in TV and movies.

A wise businessman wants EVERYONE'S dollar NOT just the black dollar. Its ridiculous to limit your earning potential for some silly concept of racial unification. The world is bigger than race.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    For the record, ain't no Ashkenazi Jew, its just a white man posing as an afro Asiatic.

If u want to choose him out of the biblical table of nations, he's an Edomite, i.e. descendants of Esau.
  • jono
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

I understand what you're saying and there is some validity to your argument, BUT when you have the majority White folks making decisions on whether to give an award to a multitude of Whites or the one or two Blacks that may or may not have been nominated who do you think they're going to choose.
    You think all these years before he finally won that Leo was high fiving all the whites that won when he lost? No. He wanted to win for himself...the concept of "as long as someone white wins..." likely doesn't cross his mind.

Its a competition between all the individual actors and actresses etc, not the racial collective. White folks don't care about the race of the winner if its not them. These people want to win because they worked hard and they feel they earned it...

Get more blacks in positions to be nominated and we will not only get nominated we will win.
    If you really want to hurt White folks stop supporting White owned ? ; Black folks may only make up about 15% of the US population but we have way more finacial power than you know.
    But nothing in comparison to many others...
    We love riding around flaunting our name brand ? as sign of status when Ralph Lauren, NIKE, BMW, Mercedes, Caddilac, Apple, Gucci, Louis Vutton, Rolex, etc. don't give a damn about us; however, when I see someone rocking that stuff more times than not they're Black.
    This is true.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Obviously 100% self-segregation at this point in the game is pretty much impossible but the point is putting more into your own communities and projects than outsiders is all I'm saying. Every other racial group understands and practices this to a t.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously 100% self-segregation at this point in the game is pretty much impossible but the point is putting more into your own communities and projects than outsiders is all I'm saying. Every other racial group understands and practices this to a t.

Everybody wants to leave our community and move into theirs, that's the sign that they have made it

Nobody wants to build our communities up, just escape them

? is sad asf
  • jono
    Options

On a small scale. Owning mom and pop stores is totally different from creating national franchises.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, no, no, just no

You have to seperate idealism and fantasy vs reality

The reality is we are not creating a seprate set of rules, institutions, infrastructure, job market, etc completely from white people

I'd LOVE to! Its not happening, purely fron a numbers standpoint.

So you do not just quit and say ? it, we gon take our ball and go like you gon create a Black Oscar. Well, there actually is a black oscar, its called the Image award. And black people don't give a ? about it.

No black actor goes thru 8 years of school, does broadway, bust their ass, struggles to survive, to have the cap of what they can win an Image Award. You gotta stay on their ass. Thats what 'oscarsowhite' did *chris rock undecut that entire movemrnt, that's another topic*

Its purely delusional to say 'lets just make our own ? ', and it comes from people who dont have to work in a NORMAL job setting where they have to coexist wih people outside of their race
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Boycotting Rihanna's panties
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I'm Boycotting Rihanna's panties

Sorry to hear that, burh.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    No, no, no, just no

The reality is we are not creating a seprate set of rules, institutions, infrastructure, job market, etc completely from white people

So you do not just quit and say ? it, we gon take our ball and go like you gon create a Black Oscar. Well, there actually is a black oscar, its called the Image award. And black people don't give a ? about it.

No black actor goes thru 8 years of school, does broadway, bust their ass, struggles to survive, to have the cap of what they can win an Image Award. You gotta stay on their ass. Thats what 'oscarsowhite' did *chris rock undecut that entire movemrnt, that's another topic*

Its purely delusional to say 'lets just make our own ? ', and it comes from people who dont have to work in a NORMAL job setting where they have to coexist wih people outside of their race

Imagine if all of the revolutionist around the world even in the past held your view....it may be far from your site but it is not delusional to say lets make our own ? ...how do you think this colony became its own country? They said ? the queen
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Imagine if all of the revolutionist around the world even in the past held your view....it may be far from your site but it is not delusional to say lets make our own ? ...how do you think this colony became its own country? They said ? the queen

Actually, they said, "? the king."

• jono
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, no, no, just no

I'm not against the Image Award, but if I were an actor my question would be "why cant I have BOTH?!" I want BOTH, I said it before I want any award I'm eligible for I don't care who is giving it away.

These negroes are something else. They want to run a race, get mad when they come in second and then host another race without the gold medalist just so they can win. That's insecure as ? , a classic sign of low self-esteem.

Its one thing to create something alongside something else but its a whole other discussion to think creating an obviously derivative award is the same as another one. Its delusional.

"I lost the Super Bowl," so? Go play in the Arena Football League...its the same ? ...when they know it ain't.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, no, no, just no

The elephant in the room before I personally can talk to anyone on this topic:

Are your pro equality and pro black empowerment---or are you anti white anything

Meaning, example, pro black =

I want as many black owners, execs, black coaches, and black quarterbacks as possible in the NFL.

Ok. Feasible. Lets get it

Anti-white ANYTHING = Lets secede and start a BNFL, that will play on BNBC, and and and be broadcast on black satellites, games played on a black owned island ...

Barack-Obama-Sleeping-on-the-Phone-83557-571x372.jpg

By all means, with the ? going on in this country i completely understand not wanting any white hands to touch anything we do. But my ? ...HOW?! Just saying it is great and will get you all the goats and ethers your heart desires but goats and ethers aint payin tha bills. HOW. Make it make sense...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Facebook militants
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hUpEhfxBY

The Nigerians didn't beg and plead for the Jews to give them ? , so why are we (in 2016) begging and pleading for inclusion and validation when we should be doing our own thang?
    Nigerians are our people.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options