Lies

I haven't *shrugs*

? always say this
    WorlBoss wrote: »
    I've never heard a Fetty Wap song

Lies

I haven't *shrugs*

? always say this

? on the IC be like 'Never heard a Drake song", but arguing in every Drake thread.

Why I have to lie about never hearing one of his songs? And I'm not arguing, I just said I've never heard one of his songs, I'm pretty sure it's some ? I've heard yall have never heard

but there been how many threads about his music . so you mean to tell me you never clicked in those threads ? and his ? on the radio .

I had no interest and I don't listen to the radio, I play cds or mp's and I don't be in his threads but I'll check it out

Isn't it just very reasonable that you've heard his songs but weren't aware that they were his songs, simply because you don't really know who he is?

I mean, I know of Taylor Swift, but I wouldn't be able to recognize not even one Taylor Swift song if I heard it 50 times, and I've probably most likely have heard at least one of her songs.

Some people just aren't into pop/mainstream music. Makes easy sense to me.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Sorrow_? wrote: »
    ? how is it a cheat code?

Cars dont even come with cd players now why judge an artist based on an almost obsolete technology? Is ? not supposed to evolve? Should we still be ranking artists on cassette tapes?

? some of you ? are dumb.

You realize they counted digital album purchases pre this cheat code right? Nobody is saying only count physical copies. All we are asking is you only count a purchase of an entire album via cd and or digital download.

Counting every 10 downloads of a single from an album as an album purchase is cheating. If you product is dope then people will buy the whole thing not 1 to 3 hot songs. From a streaming standpoint yes people stream tons of music, but to count thousands of streams (many from people repeating) that is a cheat and a slick way to get more sales. Yes they cap the amount of streams they add to numbers but it is still cheating. If someone really likes your ? they would buy it.

It's not cheating if RIAA makes the rules. Things change. Did you dudes even know that originally they didn't even have a platinum category and they didn't count CDs? That they measure shipments minus returns and not sales? And that a platinum singles used to mean 2 million sold not one? And the original gold certification meant your sales equal 1 million dollars regardless how much you sold? RIAA also counts double albums as doubling the actual sales. Weeknd went play off trilogy because they tripled the actual units he sold . Y'all only have problem with this because artist you don't like are benefiting

Yes standards have changed in the past. However the idea of pulling every 10 singles and counting it as an album is a clear cut cheat code. What divides one hit wonders and one dope song per album ? from legends and consistent rappers is when people decided to pay for the entire body of work versus one hot song. This changes the entire dynamic of album metrics.

If you have a hot single you should be rewarded with a plaque for the single. But you shouldn't count every 10 singles for an entire album.

The music industry is moving away from the album format because it's no longer viable,

They are moving away from it because ? are too lazy to make compete quality albums. Kendrick went plat and so did cole for his last album (pre cheat codes he needed for born sinner and Sideline Story). If you you have a true movement and make quality music you will go gold or plat. ? pre cheat codes fetty was at least gold which is impressive.

And to your point earlier about me being mad cause we don't like the artist that is benefiting is false. I don't think cole should have gotten the cheat code help to get plat. I only consider FHD his only true platinum album. In addition to that artists even in 360 deals benefit from their touring and merch more than album sales. The RIAA is doing this for the record labels. These fuckniggas in the front office terribly promoting trash albums and fast foot albums feel special when someone goes gold or plat now with a boost from counting 10 singles.

Fetty Wap is selling out house of blues venues coast to coast he doesn't need a platinum album. But the execs and the label needs those milestones quicker to make them appear as if they helped "promote" his album to get there. ? these hoe ass lazy labels plain and simple.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cars dont even come with cd players now why judge an artist based on an almost obsolete technology? Is ? not supposed to evolve? Should we still be ranking artists on cassette tapes?

You realize they counted digital album purchases pre this cheat code right? Nobody is saying only count physical copies. All we are asking is you only count a purchase of an entire album via cd and or digital download.

Counting every 10 downloads of a single from an album as an album purchase is cheating. If you product is dope then people will buy the whole thing not 1 to 3 hot songs. From a streaming standpoint yes people stream tons of music, but to count thousands of streams (many from people repeating) that is a cheat and a slick way to get more sales. Yes they cap the amount of streams they add to numbers but it is still cheating. If someone really likes your ? they would buy it.

It's not cheating if RIAA makes the rules. Things change. Did you dudes even know that originally they didn't even have a platinum category and they didn't count CDs? That they measure shipments minus returns and not sales? And that a platinum singles used to mean 2 million sold not one? And the original gold certification meant your sales equal 1 million dollars regardless how much you sold? RIAA also counts double albums as doubling the actual sales. Weeknd went play off trilogy because they tripled the actual units he sold . Y'all only have problem with this because artist you don't like are benefiting

Yes standards have changed in the past. However the idea of pulling every 10 singles and counting it as an album is a clear cut cheat code. What divides one hit wonders and one dope song per album ? from legends and consistent rappers is when people decided to pay for the entire body of work versus one hot song. This changes the entire dynamic of album metrics.

If you have a hot single you should be rewarded with a plaque for the single. But you shouldn't count every 10 singles for an entire album.

The music industry is moving away from the album format because it's no longer viable,

They are moving away from it because ? are too lazy to make compete quality albums. Kendrick went plat and so did cole for his last album (pre cheat codes he needed for born sinner and Sideline Story). If you you have a true movement and make quality music you will go gold or plat. ? pre cheat codes fetty was at least gold which is impressive.

And to your point earlier about me being mad cause we don't like the artist that is benefiting is false. I don't think cole should have gotten the cheat code help to get plat. I only consider FHD his only true platinum album. In addition to that artists even in 360 deals benefit from their touring and merch more than album sales. The RIAA is doing this for the record labels. These fuckniggas in the front office terribly promoting trash albums and fast foot albums feel special when someone goes gold or plat now with a boost from counting 10 singles.

Fetty Wap is selling out house of blues venues coast to coast he doesn't need a platinum album. But the execs and the label needs those milestones quicker to make them appear as if they helped "promote" his album to get there. ? these hoe ass lazy labels plain and simple.

how do you feel about Biggie and Outkast getting a diamond cert for only 5 million sold?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

how do you feel about Biggie and Outkast getting a diamond cert for only 5 million sold?

You know damn well double albums count as two separate lps
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that not "cheating"? my point is to illustrate how the RIAA changes rules all the time to fit how people consume music
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Life After Death and Speaker Boxxx/The Love Below are classic albums. Likewise a double album takes twice as much time and hype to sell. This isn't about double albums which require much work. My issue is about 3 hit singles carrying a 12+ track album to platinum status. Rewarding ? extra for smash singles is something that will devalue the art of making a complete cohesive album front to back.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the days they used to sell singles on tapes and cds just because of the internet now they change the rules
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a glock in my rari
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Life After Death and Speaker Boxxx/The Love Below are classic albums. Likewise a double album takes twice as much time and hype to sell. This isn't about double albums which require much work. My issue is about 3 hit singles carrying a 12+ track album to platinum status. Rewarding ? extra for smash singles is something that will devalue the art of making a complete cohesive album front to back.

Lmaooo FOH ? you a hater
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think dude is good at all, but who am I to hate?

WE GON' SAVE DAT MONEY!!!!
    lildicky-fetty-small.gif
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe he did in fact hear one of his songs but didn't know it was fetty but Jesus you ? are acting like some ol ? just cause he ain't heard that wack ? ? .. The ? cares

Damn ? you acting like Fetty got one of your ex girlfriends pregnant,

SMH corny response and not original. Anyway, what I still stands

? stop acting like you have fake beef with me. Thats corny.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    ^^ look who's talking lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I didnt know you two had kids together.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope..... I don't know why dudes acting funny bout the RIAA changing the system to match how fans consume music what the artist should have to pay becuz ppl don't buy music the way they use to no more??? RIAA has always changed this the old formula wasn't the original so if artist are using a cheat code now than the artist b4 them were too becuz they aren't using the original way either
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ppl talking bout they don't like singles carrying a albums sales like ppl in the 90's and early 2000's wasn't buying whole albums for 1 or 2 songs..... Times change so should systems
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol what?
    that's supposed to happen bruh. singles always determined whether or not people bought the album. they can push an album to gold, platinum, multiplatinum etc. this isn't new

where have you been?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? FROM PATERSON GOING PLATINUM?

DOPE!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

lol what?
    that's supposed to happen bruh. singles always determined whether or not people bought the album. they can push an album to gold, platinum, multiplatinum etc. this isn't new

where have you been?

Singles do sway if people buy an album no doubt. And yes in previous decades people bought albums based off singles. But ? made that choice to drop 9.99 or whatever the album cost was to buy the damn album. Rewarding a rapper album credit for 10 random ? who bought a 99 cent single is cheap and lazy as ? . If you product is dope people will buy the entire album not a 99 cent sample of one single.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like posters are mad that rappers they do not like are going to be going platinum and can't joke on those rappers albums going brick in sells.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? does it only take 1.5k views to get an album sale, cause they aint making that much of ads for only 1k views lol

hell most people have adblock on youtube

bloated fucken numbers
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I didnt know you two had kids together.

Lmaooooo my bad fam. When I posted that, Shenco was above me.

That wasn't directed to you
    @iKingGodGivBiz
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But is he a good rapper though?
  • joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options

If Nas spent some of that platinum money gettin his chipped tooth fixed, maybe this kid can spring for a glass eye or somethin.
  • joshrock
    joshrock Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options

Indeed it is abuse Tsotsi. Not on the level of how it goes down in Cape Town for the past few centuries but abuse nonetheless. B)
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Jersey!

We did it! 973 201 908 what's poppin!

Congrats to Fetty Pendergrass