Official KENDRICK LAMAR ‘UNTITLED UMASTERED’ ALBUM Thread (Tonight)

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to press play but is this one of those instances where no matter what wee have to act like its thebest thing since sliced bread?

Just shut the ? up and listen to it.

Not sure if i should take this as disrespect...ur on notice

He do have a point though. You act like ? shouldnt be excited about HipHop on a hiphop board.

No ? , i was joking about the fact that ? will automatically anoint this the greatest thing since Thriller and will refuse to let anyone give an objective opinion on the project
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hard. Kendrick flows is endless. Punch need to drop that album too.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Quality music man. Not even just, rap, MUSIC. This dude is a true artist. So much content packed in all of his music. I can't imagine Kendrick falling off or running out of ? to say.

Y'all ? gon stop playing like he ain't in best ever conversation
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Quality music man. Not even just, rap, MUSIC. This dude is a true artist. So much content packed in all of his music. I can't imagine Kendrick falling off or running out of ? to say.

Kendrick in the best ever convo now? Not for me
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? cool for what its worth. Like somebody else said a while back, I wish other rappers would do this. So much music we dont get to hear for whatever reason(mostly sample clearances) . Hopefully this starts a trend....for the better.

Oh and If you dont have good headphones/system this is tough to listen to.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Punch killed that verse on Untitle 5
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    ? cool for what its worth. Like somebody else said a while back, I wish other rappers would do this. So much music we dont get to hear for whatever reason(mostly sample clearances) . Hopefully this starts a trend....for the better.

It's beating out my Skullcandies. *Ye shrug*
  • Stew
    Options

Never heard Skullcandies before but I shouldve said phone also. I just got a new joint and the sound isnt as good as my last, this project proves it lol
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Never heard Skullcandies before but I shouldve said phone also. I just got a new joint and the sound isnt as good as my last, this project proves it lol

I mean for some $20 junts they sound great. I'm not exactly an audiophile though. And you got a new phone with worse sound? I thought all these manufacturers were breaking their necks to one-up each other. Smfh
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    I will say this, there are noticeable spots where the mix seems kinda off. For instance, in some places the music drowns out Kendrick, but otherwise it's fine
  • Stew
    Options

I mean for some $20 junts they sound great. I'm not exactly an audiophile though. And you got a new phone with worse sound? I thought all these manufacturers were breaking their necks to one-up each other. Smfh

You would think lol It may be a health(hearing) issue tho, my old phone BlackBerry Q10(2013, joke if u like) once you past that point where it gives u the message about "warning its about to get loud as ? "....with my Bose headphones, it gets loud as ? , like you're good to go listening on an airplane loud. With my new joint(Blackberry Priv, Ive heard on other Androids also), its not even close even past that warning. Now I gotta use my old phone like an ipod :'(
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-arn2-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12814461_10153423942807006_1891441618966046518_n.jpg?oh=1e426069a3358080a94af561e6a1552c&oe=579368E7[/img]

Kendrick likkle but him tallawah!
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here we go.
    Knew it was coming sooner or later.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Eh man, dont jinx my guy
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

I mean I think he's one dope album away from being in the convo

section 80, GKMC, TPAB
    Untitled
    OVerly Dedicated

He has a discography much better than many veterans right now

I hear that and the guy makes quality music, can't doubt that. I don't thing he'll put out a wack album, same with Cole

I just don't think Kendrick is good enough lyrically to be up there. A dope album or two more and yeah when you look at it like that you can't really argue I suppose
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

I mean I think he's one dope album away from being in the convo

section 80, GKMC, TPAB
    Untitled
    OVerly Dedicated

He has a discography much better than many veterans right now

I hear that and the guy makes quality music, can't doubt that. I don't thing he'll put out a wack album, same with Cole

I just don't think Kendrick is good enough lyrically to be up there. A dope album or two more and yeah when you look at it like that you can't really argue I suppose

If 2Pac and Biggie are up there, i dont see why Kenny can't mayne.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was brilliant...these ? not playing
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Punch killed that verse on Untitle 5

I thought that was Soulo, I didnt even know Punch rapped lol.
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I not trying to give it number right now, but this ? knocks. Kendrick is killing this live instrumentation, he let the music ride out in the right spots. He is a young Black Thought.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    This project is nice been on repeat ,Cee Lo needs to make a 10 track soulful album.

Lady Killer was pretty soulful. Perfect Imperfections was a mix of soul, funk, and rap. Probably my favorite Cee-Lo album.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    The 3rd part of track 7 is what separates the good rappers from the great rappers/artists. That ? was doing background vocals and the whole 9 lol.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    The 3rd part of track 7 is what separates the good rappers from the great rappers/artists. That ? was doing background vocals and the whole 9 lol.
    ? it was a joke riff