Sexual Exploitation of Black Women

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
In 1855, a 19 year old enslaved woman named Celia killed the white man who owned her and was trying to ? her. Missouri law allowed a woman to use force when " in imminent danger of forced sexual intercourse." but the judge ruled an enslaved woman had no right to refuse her " master". Celia was convicted of murder and sentenced to death and hanged on December 21, 1855.

The legal and social double standard that allowed white men to commit sexual violence against black women with impunity, while the most baseless fear of sexual contact between a black man and white woman resulted in deadly violence, continued after emancipation. Nearly one in four black people lynched from 1877 to 1945 were accused of improper contact with a white woman.

Later capital punishment for ? was also reserved for black defendants with white victims. In Virginia all 58 people executed for ? between 1908 and 1963 were black men, although 1000 white men were convicted of ? in that period. In 1957, a Mississippi jury acquited the white men who CONFESSED to ? 16 year old Annette Butler because they believed death was too harsh for ? a black girl.

Fpr generations of black women, racial terror included constant threat of sexual assault. Black women's resistance to racialized sexual exploitation helped birth the activism that fueled the civil rights movement. A decade before the Montgomery bus boycott, Rosa Parks led a NAACP campaign to protest an all white jury 's refusal to indict six white men who ? Recy Taylor in Abbeville, Alabama in 1945.

Source: Equal Justice Initiative

Happy INternational Women;s Day

@A Talented One thoughts??

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread won't end well
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    Black men are sad, ? was better off fighting to the death than live like cowards

i got more crazy facts and stories that ll have infuriated
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that makes me sad
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? like this hurts a ?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why has no one heard of Claudette Colvin, the original "Rosa Parks"?

Was she too dark for the NAACP?

I need these answers yo. Who the ? really in charge??
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

I feel you bruv, sucks to have your narrative controlled by the oppresor
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Black men are sad, ? was better off fighting to the death than live like cowards

Same logic could be applied today, those atrocities happened to our great grand parents, we have knowledge of this, and still get up to go work for white people daily, we won't fight for life or fight to the death, I struggle with those thoughts everyday

cs, yeah I'm sure that's the reason I said "black men are sad" rather than saying "black men were sad"
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same logic could be applied today, those atrocities happened to our great grand parents, we have knowledge of this, and still get up to go work for white people daily, we won't fight for life or fight to the death, I struggle with those thoughts everyday

i currently work for a black civil righs law firm owned by two proud black women..i mean our office is so afro centric ...im really stressed cuz i know i gotta leave this job soon but man im like i cant go back to white corporate America

man I been working for a black company for a few years now, and I swear they run this ? so hood sometimes, but I stay because I can't see myself working for a white owned business

Gotta give the ? credit tho, he demoted his son and has gotten ? in order
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People have heard of her but you are right that no where near enough have when they should really know her story.

? up but the answer to this question is YES. Claudette was dark and she also had a baby at 15 or 16 years old. So with being so called too dark, an unwed young mother the NAACP felt that she wouldn't be a good person to make the face of that movement like they did Rosa Parks.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    t/s, why are you @ing at me?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love the ladies.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

As should be well-known, I am not one to be dismissive of colorism. (That's an understatement.) But is there any evidence that her being "too dark" was one of the reasons that the NAACP decided not to take up her case?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah because ? had it better

You do know that most of the time when a black man was lynched he was also castrated right?

Lots of old white ppl out here with black ? trophies

Everybody had it bad
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White men are, and have been the biggest cuckholds on the planet.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

Yeah because ? had it better

You do know that most of the time when a black man was lynched he was also castrated right?

Lots of old white ppl out here with black ? trophies

Everybody had it bad

In 1893 , a crowd of 10000 gathered in Paris Texas to watch the lynching of 17 year old Henry Smith...10,000 people
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When they talk about "order" and "disorder" in America, this is "order".
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    This prolly isn't the best forum for such a conversation, if we're all keeping it a buck. There's a LARGE percentage of ? on the IC who very clearly view all women - especially black women - as nothing more than sexual creatures. So if the topic of conversation is sexual exploitation...

? man i put it in G and S....i ma be making these types of threads every day..tomorrow will be lymchings and racial violence
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black women exploit themselves now