Tyga(T-Loss/T-Sus) Explains Why He Calls Tupac Shakur His Dad "Pac Is Like A Father Figure To Me"

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in The Reason
Earlier this week Tyga tweeted out a photo of himself and late music icon Tupac Shakur side by side. The Last Kings boss wrote "Dad" in the tweet, leaving many to wonder what he meant.

TMZ caught up with the rapper to get clarification.

My real father has been in jail all my life," Tyga explained. "I never really knew my real father. Pac is like a father figure to me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtEJSvHDfNU

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does tyga get so many threads made about him?

He hasn't been poppin in years
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? look hella ? in that thumbnail. Smfh.

The L ? takes L's effortlessly.
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frail ? wearing a t shirt under a bball jersey? ? must have arms like Roger from American Dad.
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Something is VERY wrong with any ? if Tupac is his primary influence.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said it before and this just confirms it: 2pac is the patron saint of fatherless men. Not going to go too deep with this because I know 2pac is beloved on here, but yall dont see anything wrong with a grown man calling another man he's never met dad??

Instead of investing time in finding his real dad and getting to know him, he's taken this route. It's hilarious and sad on so many different levels. It's definitely Drake season...
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    I've said it before and this just confirms it: 2pac is the patron saint of fatherless men. Not going to go too deep with this because I know 2pac is beloved on here, but yall dont see anything wrong with a grown man calling another man he's never met dad??

Instead of investing time in finding his real dad and getting to know him, he's taken this route. It's hilarious and sad on so many different levels. It's definitely Drake season...

I say the same ? about Pac at my barbershop and ? feelings get annihilated.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Not gonna lie when I was younger I looked to Tupac as a father figure too. Yall can laugh but part of my principles developed from some of the things Pac was saying about being honest, being yourself and keeping it real. I dont think there's anything wrong with Tyga looking up to Pac, I look up to Obama, 50 Cent, Warren Buffett, my own pops, Will Smith, Denzel, Oprah, Dr.Oz and others for the lessons and jewels they drop for us to take for free.

Tyga gonna be clowned more so for being a ? ? rather than what he said LOLOLOL

Alot of these ? on here look up to Pac as a father figure. They just wanna ? on Tyga for whatever reason. Pac is that ? but him and Eminem arguably has the largest Stan base.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frail ? wearing a t shirt under a bball jersey? ? must have arms like Roger from American Dad.

Im guessing you havent seen him recently he buff as hell now
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Im guessing you havent seen him recently he buff as hell now

Bruh, why do you keep doing this?
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options

His real dad is doing life in prison
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    Javon803 wrote: »

Does that mean he can't reach out to him and write letters/visit?? Pac is dead, remember??
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only problem I have with this post is "questing" to find a muhfucka who should've been there from jump. This is not Star Wars: Force Awakens. Dudes should not have to go on an intergalactic quest to find their fathers especially when the ? is usually around the corner. He should find his child.

Strung together, the message songs from Pac could inspire a lot of black boys to become better black men if the more put on for the crew ? was filtered out.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Not gonna lie when I was younger I looked to Tupac as a father figure too. Yall can laugh but part of my principles developed from some of the things Pac was saying about being honest, being yourself and keeping it real. I dont think there's anything wrong with Tyga looking up to Pac, I look up to Obama, 50 Cent, Warren Buffett, my own pops, Will Smith, Denzel, Oprah, Dr.Oz and others for the lessons and jewels they drop for us to take for free.

Tyga gonna be clowned more so for being a ? ? rather than what he said LOLOLOL

Alot of these ? on here look up to Pac as a father figure. They just wanna ? on Tyga for whatever reason. Pac is that ? but him and Eminem arguably has the largest Stan base.

Some of us actually had dads that were around. Cry about it.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tyga is my father
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my father didnt live with me coming up, but i could never look at a ? 10 years older than me as no type of father figure. plus how often would you see or hear of pac for him to be that influential in your life? a handful of albums, movies, interviews? thats enough for him to be ya father figure? i'd say older dudes in my neighborhood had more of an influence on me as well as uncles and coaches.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Only problem I have with this post is "questing" to find a muhfucka who should've been there from jump. This is not Star Wars: Force Awakens. Dudes should not have to go on an intergalactic quest to find their fathers especially when the ? is usually around the corner. He should find his child.

Strung together, the message songs from Pac could inspire a lot of black boys to become better black men if the more put on for the crew ? was filtered out.

So, it's easier to listen to and call a dead rapper your dad than to actually find and talk to your real one?? I agree with you that a son should not have to find his dad in most cases but certain circumstances are different. Tygas dad is in the system. A quick Google search would find him.

Some ? never meet their dad because their mom blocks that contact. Whatever the reason, dude has options other than calling a ? that's been dead for 2 decades his dad...who is in no way related to him. If that's normal to u, then more power to u
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to Tyga, His dad been in jail all his life.
    at times I'm critical of Pac, as i should be. Cause some Pac fans get ridiculous with the Pac worship. Yet musically, Pac was on a different level content wise.

I grew up with my dad, and I would never call Pac my dad, yet in my teens years while i was going through stuff , The Me Against The World album held me down.
    so imagine blk kids, male and female who grew up without a pop, and the effects Pac music had on them?
    Also it shows why our music is more than just entertainment, and why a rapper like Kendrick Lamar, whether you like him or not, is important for this generation.

last but not least, The blk community is counter productive because, the average ? in the community is counter productive. We call Tyga calling Pac dad, hilarious. Yet we clown Russell Wilson, for stepping up and being a positive male role model to Ciara's son... which one is it?
  • D0wn
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    my father didnt live with me coming up, but i could never look at a ? 10 years older than me as no type of father figure. plus how often would you see or hear of pac for him to be that influential in your life? a handful of albums, movies, interviews? thats enough for him to be ya father figure? i'd say older dudes in my neighborhood had more of an influence on me as well as uncles and coaches.

So, it's easier to listen to and call a dead rapper your dad than to actually find and talk to your real one?? I agree with you that a son should not have to find his dad in most cases but certain circumstances are different. Tygas dad is in the system. A quick Google search would find him.

Some ? never meet their dad because their mom blocks that contact. Whatever the reason, dude has options other than calling a ? that's been dead for 2 decades his dad...who is in no way related to him. If that's normal to u, then more power to u
    whether written or spoken, Ya need to understand the power of words and the impact it have on ppl. In the bible, ? SPOKE the world into existence. There's ppl who are successful, affluent, and influential in society who are still scarred till this day because, of things that was said to them as a child. They're still reacting to those words.
    Pac's music that PAC wrote, and spoke left more of an impact on Tyga than his actual father. in ever day life, your words, and the words of others can make or break a persons day. Just a few words.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

at times I'm critical of Pac, as i should be. Cause some Pac fans get ridiculous with the Pac worship. Yet musically, Pac was on a different level content wise.

I grew up with my dad, and I would never call Pac my dad, yet in my teens years while i was going through stuff , The Me Against The World album held me down.
    so imagine blk kids, male and female who grew up without a pop, and the effects Pac music had on them?
    Also it shows why our music is more than just entertainment, and why a rapper like Kendrick Lamar, whether you like him or not, is important for this generation.

last but not least, The blk community is counter productive because, the average ? in the community is counter productive. We call Tyga calling Pac dad, hilarious. Yet we clown Russell Wilson, for stepping up and being a positive male role model to Ciara's son... which one is it?

There's a difference between admiration of someone and calling them your dad. I'm going to assume u know the difference. Also, Pac gets a lot of undue positive recognition. If you're unbiased on this, you can acknowledge that. Tygas can call anyone he wants his dad. It's his life. But the implications of that and the fallout of having young black kids doing ? like that is troubling.

Russell Wilson gets clowned because he was being used a ? by Ciara to send a petty message to Future. There is nothing wrong with a man stepping up and caring for a child that isn't his. I wouldn't do it, but I also don't date single moms. From my understanding, future was in his kids life, so why would the kid need a second father figure?? I digress, though, and stand by my original assessment that 2pac is the patron saint of fatherless ? lol
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    Javon803 wrote: »

Tyga is that you?
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »

whether written or spoken, Ya need to understand the power of words and the impact it have on ppl. In the bible, ? SPOKE the world into existence. There's ppl who are successful, affluent, and influential in society who are still scarred till this day because, of things that was said to them as a child. They're still reacting to those words.
    Pac's music that PAC wrote, and spoke left more of an impact on Tyga than his actual father. in ever day life, your words, and the words of others can make or break a persons day. Just a few words.

i cant tell someone who they should look up to or be influenced by or even call a father figure. I was speaking from a personal standpoint.

i'm probably one of the biggest pac fans on here, the first rap I memorized fully was his verse on same song when I was in 4th grade. I understand how someone could say that but at the same time words with no action are just words, you speak of the bible and how it said ? spoke things into existence, it also says that he sent prophets to represent his word because people tend to look at words as just words at times, I don't deny the power of life and death in words but to me pac was just saying what I'd want somebody to say in his position, not saying anything that I didn't know or didn't feel.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this whole ? wierd. ...dude too damn old to be talkin like that...thats like kid ? ...and THEN thats still too far...i remember ? idolizing n enulating primetime when i played pop warner. needless to say, jordan, tyson type figures etc..but id never hear no "hes like my dad" ? from kids...n this ? 30 +

i never heard no " like dad" ? , flat out at least, in reference to ANY non tangilbe person in my life period, personally. this whole ? wierd...jus a credit to his upbringing i suppose. ...fatherless or not say some ? like "pac my father" around my neighborhood coming up n ud get clowned till ud regret even thinkin that ? ...and i lived through the pac craze n witnessed it live in action
  • D0wn
    Options

There's a difference between admiration of someone and calling them your dad. I'm going to assume u know the difference. Also, Pac gets a lot of undue positive recognition. If you're unbiased on this, you can acknowledge that. Tygas can call anyone he wants his dad. It's his life. But the implications of that and the fallout of having young black kids doing ? like that is troubling.

Russell Wilson gets clowned because he was being used a ? by Ciara to send a petty message to Future. There is nothing wrong with a man stepping up and caring for a child that isn't his. I wouldn't do it, but I also don't date single moms. From my understanding, future was in his kids life, so why would the kid need a second father figure?? I digress, though, and stand by my original assessment that 2pac is the patron saint of fatherless ? lol

no it's not, there's a thin line between calling some one dad, and admiring them. especially to a person who grew up without a mother or a father figure, that line gets blurred all the time. When a person lacks a parent figure growing up, then end up getting a parent-like figure later in life, they tend to consider that person a parent. case in point, Malcolm X, he considered Elijah Muhhamad his dad. This happens alot in the blk community. so i don't know what the ? u talking about.

2. i already agreed, and said i was very critical of Pac as a person. hence why i focused on his music. Pac had an influence on fatherless ? because, of the type of music he mostly made which had an impact and filled a void in alot of young men, and women's life. Comprehension B.

3. if Tyga wanna call Pac his dad, then why not??? there's no rule to this ? .
  • D0wn
    Options
    this whole ? wierd. ...dude too damn old to be talkin like that...thats like kid ? ...and THEN thats still too far...i remember ? idolizing n enulating primetime when i played pop warner. needless to say, jordan, tyson type figures etc..but id never hear no "hes like my dad" ? from kids...n this ? 30 +

i never heard no " like dad" ? , flat out at least, in reference to ANY non tangilbe person in my life period, personally. this whole ? wierd...jus a credit to his upbringing i suppose. ...fatherless or not say some ? like "pac my father" around my neighborhood coming up n ud get clowned till ud regret even thinkin that ? ...and i lived through the pac craze n witnessed it live in action

Most ppl outlook in life are developed as a kid. By the time a person hits a certain age they're outlook tends to be set in stone. Hence why most ppl who are successful in life, were working on there craft, or something similar to their craft at an early age
    I said that to say, Muthafuckas you admired growing up, and held to a high standard, you tend to continue to hold that person to a high standard into adult hood, or until you meet them, and they let u down. Hence why for Pac it's hard to do that because, he's dead .

U idolize Primetime as a child, yet you're not a football player, look at the respect most football players who liked Prime as kid show to Prime when they meet him, even those who disagree with him
    2. Comparing prime time to Tupac is a bad example because, one plays a sport for a living the other speak words that tend to resonate with an individual even more.

3. I heard kids say Pac was like theyre father growing up, and i'm from Brooklyn. and nobody clown them because, most ? aint have a father or theyre father wasn't around their damn selves.