7figz wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, these ? think they should be able to abdicate parentage of their child to the government (because nobody else is going to do it) to absolutely no cost to them?

LOL....Fantasy Land ? .

It's not the government they're abdicating it to. They're giving up their stake in the child. [Period]

Now if the mothers make it the government's responsibility and the government accepts that, that's another story (and maybe another law).

On another note, @MsSouthern where you at ? I want to see where you vote on this.

? what? How is a child out here without at least two parents NOT the gov'ts responsibility?

There's already billions of dollars going into single parent homes right now.

Someone has to help with insurance, someone has to help with child care, someone has to make sure the kid eats, has somewhere to sleep, can get its regular medical check ups. ..

In this fairy tale world wherel abandoning kids has no repercussions it sounds good but in real life raising a child is insanely expensive and the gov't isn't going to eat those costs without some reimbursement.

Most people don't mind helping but its not our responsibility to feed and clothe your bastard because you decided you wanted guilt free sex. And "you" and "your" includes BOTH parents and you are a parent regardless of whether you decide to be active.

Wait, are you seriously saying that a single parent has to be on public-assistance ? That's ? .

Theres two parent homes on public assistance.

What I'm saying is - you painted the picture that once the father opts out, it'll automatically be the government's burden. It's more to it than that.

And shouldn't all those problems be a direct result of the person who still decided to have a baby even though they can't provide all those things ?

The child is a direct result of sperm implanting egg. I've yet to meet a person who could impregnate themselves.

You ? not only trying to rationalize but normalize selfishness and irresponsibility.

Wait so it's only selfish when the man decides he doesn't want a child ?

And it's irresponsible when a man proactively says he can't provide for a child before it gets there ?

Remember we are specifically referring to the first 18 weeks or so. Why y'all keep jumping straight to childbirth ?

Would y'all go this hard against a chick who just chose to have an abortion ?

Then how did his sperm get inside of her?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    No, no I'm not. Paying a monthly payment would be the EASY way to take responsibility for your child.

My ex signed himself up for child support. Comes directly out his check. Guess what? There is no drama. He accepted his responsibility, came up with a game plan and life is fine for him.

Spend your life being bitter over your choices if you want to, or you can just accept it and get on with life.

Or we can make life better, make laws better so that the next young man does not have to suffer our fate. Your ex is very smart because if he had waited until you took him to court then he could have ended up paying even more, but being proactive allowed him to lock down a price more of his choosing. Otherwise the courts might have said ? it and he would be paying more.

I don't have any children with my ex, as I said my child's father isn't paying ? .

Two examples of men that aren't with the mother of their children. One of them was raised right.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair, men should have the right to "abort" responsibility - women have all the control right now.
    Let me get this straight, these ? think they should be able to abdicate parentage of their child to the government (because nobody else is going to do it) to absolutely no cost to them?

LOL....Fantasy Land ? .

It's not the government they're abdicating it to. They're giving up their stake in the child. [Period]

Now if the mothers make it the government's responsibility and the government accepts that, that's another story (and maybe another law).

On another note, @MsSouthern where you at ? I want to see where you vote on this.

? what? How is a child out here without at least two parents NOT the gov'ts responsibility?

Someone has to help with insurance, someone has to help with child care, someone has to make sure the kid eats, has somewhere to sleep, can get its regular medical check ups. ..

In this fairy tale world wherel abandoning kids has no repercussions it sounds good but in real life raising a child is insanely expensive and the gov't isn't going to eat those costs without some reimbursement.

Most people don't mind helping but its not our responsibility to feed and clothe your bastard because you decided you wanted guilt free sex. And "you" and "your" includes BOTH parents and you are a parent regardless of whether you decide to be active.

Wait, are you seriously saying that a single parent has to be on public-assistance ? That's ? .

What I'm saying is - you painted the picture that once the father opts out, it'll automatically be the government's burden. It's more to it than that.

And shouldn't all those problems be a direct result of the person who still decided to have a baby even though they can't provide all those things ?

The child is a direct result of sperm implanting egg. I've yet to meet a person who could impregnate themselves.

You ? not only trying to rationalize but normalize selfishness and irresponsibility.

And it's irresponsible when a man proactively says he can't provide for a child before it gets there ?

Remember we are specifically referring to the first 18 weeks or so. Why y'all keep jumping straight to childbirth ?

Irrelevant bruh.
  • Kat
    Options
    Lmao @ financial enslavement...oh the dramatics.

don't get mad because your pride stopped you from from sucking resources out of your baby daddy these other ? use child support as a weapon of oppression

The courts determine financial responsibility, not the mother.

Children cost money. She's paying too, child support is just a once a month payment.

Same dudes worried about child support are the ones out here ? recklessly and then whining about their lack of options. You have an option, be proactive with your ? !

The courts are biased against men you know this @kat all women know this. Men have options but women have MORE OPTIONS and that's the ? problem since women have more options they should have more responsibility.

For the most part they DO have more responsibility! Yalls greedy ? want to just ? all ? nilly with no repercussion or responsibility..? is crazy to me. Smh.

You should could have got an abortion and saved both parties the trouble

Nah I'm good with my decision..my daughter is awesome and we're good, even without a lil child support check.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL....Fantasy Land ? .

Irrelevant bruh.

Its the most relevant thing in the whole conversation
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Fair, men should have the right to "abort" responsibility - women have all the control right now.

don't get mad because your pride stopped you from from sucking resources out of your baby daddy these other ? use child support as a weapon of oppression

Children cost money. She's paying too, child support is just a once a month payment.

Same dudes worried about child support are the ones out here ? recklessly and then whining about their lack of options. You have an option, be proactive with your ? !

The courts are biased against men you know this @kat all women know this. Men have options but women have MORE OPTIONS and that's the ? problem since women have more options they should have more responsibility.

For the most part they DO have more responsibility! Yalls greedy ? want to just ? all ? nilly with no repercussion or responsibility..? is crazy to me. Smh.

Nah I'm good with my decision..my daughter is awesome and we're good, even without a lil child support check.

I was not really talking about you what i am saying isn't really directed towards you personally i was just using your situation as an example and things for you could have gone the other way
  • 7figz
    edited March 2016
    Options

You know, normally I regard chicks who ain't all about the child support a little better but the rest of your attitude is type ? up. Obviously my approval ain't ? to to you, but damn it's like dog might as well just have payed you the child support to stop you from becoming such a man hatin' ? .

But other than that, and the overt racism, you might've had a chance at decency.
  • Kat
    Options

You know, normally I regard chicks who ain't all about the child support a little better but the rest of your attitude is type ? up. Obviously my approval ain't ? to to you, but damn it's like dog might as well just have payed you the child support to stop you from becoming such a man hatin' ? .

But other than that, and the overt racism, you could'vehad a chance at decency.

I'm not a man hating ? . I have the utmost respect for a lot of men. What I don't have respect for is individuals that spend their time running from their decisions in life instead of just accepting them for what they are and learning from them.

There is a child on this planet that you helped create..that is YOU, planned or not. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do right by your child.

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair. Animosity is dangerous. You can grow to hate someone you loved.
  • 7figz
    Options

But other than that, and the overt racism, you could'vehad a chance at decency.

I'm not a man hating ? . I have the utmost respect for a lot of men. What I don't have respect for is individuals that spend their time running from their decisions in life instead of just accepting them for what they are and learning from them.

There is a child on this planet that you helped create..that is YOU, planned or not. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do right by your child.

Sounds so preachy. Are you anti-choice (pro-life) ?
  • Kat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not trying to be preachy, trust me...I don't have any room to preach about anything.

That said, you been on here quite awhile and for as long as I can remember you been bitter about this exact same issue. I'm sorry you got dealt a bad one with your baby mama but you gotta let it go. Stop letting her steal your peace and stop sabotaging your own peace. Let it go..it is what it is...it will get better, if you let it.

• Kat
    Options
    I am pro-choice but I would like to see it regulated a bit more.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

LOL....Fantasy Land ? .

Never ever ever ever heard of that. To get food stamps in VA the father CANNOT live in the home with the mother and child. Facts.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul, 18 years... 18 years...
    -Of course it works for some people. Because they are only giving up something that they weren't interested in to begin with - parental rights. I don't really see how that's a counter-argument, to be honest. I think the law is foul because it allows ? to run away from their responsibility as parents. I think it's foul for a ? to be able to lay down with 147 women, help make 147 kids and not be required to take care of them. I dumbfounded that there is this much resistance to taking care of children that you make.

-I don’t think Safe Haven laws should absolve a mother of financial responsibility. It should only decriminalize the abandonment of a child, not make the mother financially free of the obligation. I’m consistent in my belief that if you make a baby, you should have to help take care of it.

-I already explained why the situation exists where a woman can’t be forced to be a parent and a man can be.
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Kai wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    When I stick my ? in a woman, I know I'm playing Russian Roulette and there's a chance she could get pregnant...no matter what precautions I take.

If the end result is a child being born, then providing for that child is half my responsibility.

We keep tryna find different angles to approach this from and different 'but what ifs' and different circumstances. But at the end of the day it's pretty black or white for me. You help create the kid, help take care of the kid.

Uhh, in the end after a woman plays russian roulette and ends up pregnant she still has options the unlike a man. She can still get an abortion even if the guy didn't want it. Why is it women can't be forced to be parent of they don't want but men should be? A man can't force a woman to get an abortion so it is fair to let that woman know that if you want that kid it's gonna be on your own.

1. Men shouldn't be forced to be a parent. No one said otherwise. But more important that that for me is that no one should be forced to abort and no one should have to raise a child by themselves that they didn't conceive by themselves. And since the woman carries the baby, but default she gets to make those decisions.

Is it fair? No. But given the other options, it's clearly the best option.

2. Is a person REALLY being forced to be a parent...when they know beforehand that an act can result in them being a parent and they perform that act anyway.

3. We gotta stop using this 'it ain't fair' ? when it's convenient. I can't speak for you @kai, but I know that some of these same 'it ain't fair' ? have been in other threads about topics like 'how come men can ? a lot of people without being labeled a ? but women can't'. And as soon as somebody mentions that the double standard isn't fair, hit 'em with '? fair. Life ain't fair. That's just the way it is. I didn't make the rules.'

Bolded and italicized. Is it fair? No. Is it the best system, given the circumstances? Yes.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Hey @Kat would you rather have a man that hates his child but pays child support or a man that loves his child but doesn't pay child support.
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WE HAVE TO DO something about these gynocentric laws NOW. Another generation of men should not have to suffer under these anti-male laws and the first thing we have to do is reeducated other men because it's incredibly shocking to see a man say it's wrong for a female to be forced to be a parent but it's perfectly fine if a male to be forced to be a parent. The man saying such a thing is either utterly ? stupid or a complete panty waste.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not trying to be preachy, trust me...I don't have any room to preach about anything.

That said, you been on here quite awhile and for as long as I can remember you been bitter about this exact same issue. I'm sorry you got dealt a bad one with your baby mama but you gotta let it go. Stop letter her steal your peace and stop sabotaging your own peace. Let it go..it is what it is...it will get better, if you let it.

? almost made me cry
  • Kat
    Options
    Hey @Kat would you rather have a man that hates his child but pays child support or a man that loves his child but doesn't pay child support.

I'd much rather have a man that is physically around and playing a positive role in his child's life. If money meant anything to me I wouldve filed a long time ago.
  • 7figz
    Options

That said, you been on here quite awhile and for as long as I can remember you been bitter about this exact same issue. I'm sorry you got dealt a bad one with your baby mama but you gotta let it go. Stop letting her steal your peace and stop sabotaging your own peace. Let it go..it is what it is...it will get better, if you let it.

I can't knock that advice but I'm good now, just more knowledgable and my son knows the deal or at least, some of it. This type of discussion isn't even about my ? tho. My BM probably would've been ok with the opt out as long as she got public assistance and I wouldn't have been ok with it because I actually wanted to be a father to my kid. So this law probably wouldn't have done ? for me.

That's the past tho. I still think this law is reasonable.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    It sounds good but what if the father changes his mind years later? What if the father is younger than 18? Is he mature enough to understand that he's signing his parental rights away permanently?

This ^^^^. Giving up your rights is not reversible.

Also what about paternity ? To guarantee he is the dad . Can't just have people crowding the court's docket for no reason. Who is going to pay for the blood test ? Also it's a little invasive It's not a simple one like when the child had already been born .

And y'all are really ok knowning you have a kid and you don't get to be apart of their lives at all? How many of you have kids now ......said you think men should be able to give up your rights if given a choice?

Do you really regret having your kid ???

Folks in the IC talk down on single moms yet think this is a great idea ....doesn't make sense .

@7figz
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    It sounds good but what if the father changes his mind years later? What if the father is younger than 18? Is he mature enough to understand that he's signing his parental rights away permanently?

Also what about paternity ? To guarantee he is the dad . Can't just have people crowding the court's docket for no reason. Who is going to pay for the blood test ? Also it's a little invasive It's not a simple one like when the child had already been born .

And y'all are really ok knowning you have a kid and you don't get to be apart of their lives at all? How many of you have kids now ......said you think men should be able to give up your rights if given a choice?

Folks in the IC talk down on single moms yet think this is a great idea ....doesn't make sense .

@7figz

I have son but If i was not married or in a committed relationship with my girl i would be perfectly fine not knowing "my kid" because as far as i would be concerned the child would not really be my "kid". I have no regrets having my son because i chose to have one it was no mistake.

most potential fathers who don't want to be a DAD would gladly pay for the blood test besides the ? socialist want to give us universal government health care anyway.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

I'd much rather have a man that is physically around and playing a positive role in his child's life. If money meant anything to me I wouldve filed a long time ago.

I respect that.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

@7figz

perfectly ok. I don't understand the logic. Why do people assume you must love your child, you must care for your child? Nah, if there is no bond then there is no love. I dont love people I'm related too. Hell I hate, and I say this as serious as possible, I hate some of my fam. Tried to ? one of my uncles at a reunion once. Told my mom's side after my grandma passed to go ? themselves and ? all their ugly ass children.
  • 7figz
    edited March 2016
    Options

@7figz

If I did opt out, I'd have to live with my decision. I wouldn't be thrilled but I wouldn't knock it. As for a dude changing his mind later, that's out the window but maybe it be could a bridge to cross later. No reason to stop this law.

As for the court's workload, I wouldn't give 2 ? . If they can tie up courts with the ? they currently do today, then I'm fine with it.

I don't think all people knock all single moms.

And I do not regret having my kid, I do regret having it with the ? I had him with tho.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The burden of a bastard kid belongs to the mother not the father or the government NOW In the case of marriage and then divorce things are different.

This ? really said a kid that a man & woman create is the burden of only the woman, not the man. This weirdo prolly dont even believe that crazy ? he typed.