Street Fighter V dropping exclusively on PS4 & PC

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blacked out from drinking i promise i was gonna play you yesterday.

Its march when is the battle lounge update dropping?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I blacked out from drinking i promise i was gonna play you yesterday.

Its march when is the battle lounge update dropping?

lol You stay ? when it's time to play. I hear you though.

Yeah, the update is supposed to drop this morning and it's supposed to have lobbies and some other stuff included.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    So Alex dlc and the lobby update didnt drop yet? Watch it drop march 31st lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLBYnQcOOI

Info on the new stuff that's coming out this month.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Capcom thought they were going to sell 2 million releasing this barebones game. Honestly, they should've gone with the free to play route.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    I can't believe Capcom thought they were going to sell 2 million releasing this barebones game. Honestly, they should've gone with the free to play route.

They might see boosts in sales after the March and June updates. Plus, I'm sure they will get new sales as they add new characters.
  • Bazz-B
    Options

They might see boosts in sales after the March and June updates. Plus, I'm sure they will get new sales as they add new characters.

I would hope so I really do enjoy this game.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

They spend all that time making this game a beautiful and solid game by all accounts, but they fumbled the release so ? hard that it's tough to see whether it's going to break through for casuals, which is what they say they were catering to from the beginning.

they could've easily, at the very minimum put out the exact same amount of content and modes as the beginning of sf4 and gotten much better reviews... man wtf.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    anyone wanna play?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

They spend all that time making this game a beautiful and solid game by all accounts, but they fumbled the release so ? hard that it's tough to see whether it's going to break through for casuals, which is what they say they were catering to from the beginning.

they could've easily, at the very minimum put out the exact same amount of content and modes as the beginning of sf4 and gotten much better reviews... man wtf.

Nah, you're off here. They said from the beginning they wanted the game to be accessible to casuals, but they were catering to pro players. They are really trying to push the eSports thing with SFV.

And I'd agree that it would have been better if there were more modes at release, but they weren't finished. They rushed the game out before that stuff was done again to cater to the pro players not the casuals. They were clear about what they were doing, so I'm not really sure why things blew up the way they did. It seems to me, reviewers and others misrepresented what Capcom was doing and people who weren't in the know went along with the rage instead of researching.

I don't know. They might be able to bounce back though. I think they should step their advertisement up after they release the Cinematic Story Mode in June. At that point it would be more like what casuals want so they might give it a try.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I havent been keeping up on it, is it not selling well or something?

Im liking the game, but i dont like some of the gameplay changes theyre doing with the new update like removing option selects and ?

It reminds me of how netherrealm studios patches the mortal kombat games , you gotta let the metagame develop more before you start changing stuff
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what they're doing in the update? The fighting system is already bare bones as it is.

They sold over 500,000 copies of the game. However, second week sales plummeted by 80% across both platforms. Japan didn't bother showing up to support the game.

The sales should rise when that June update comes out, that's when myself and others are picking it up.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Im liking the game, but i dont like some of the gameplay changes theyre doing with the new update like removing option selects and ?

It reminds me of how netherrealm studios patches the mortal kombat games , you gotta let the metagame develop more before you start changing stuff

They said they want to lower the barrier to entry so those option selects gonna keep getting patched out. I don't see the problem, just learn to adapt
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2016
    Options

They said they want to lower the barrier to entry so those option selects gonna keep getting patched out. I don't see the problem, just learn to adapt

That's not the point , the option selects weren't put in the game on purpose. People discovered them like they do in every SF. They're hurting the game if they're gonna remove every thing that the community discovers. SF games always evolve with the community

Like he said the game play is already bare bones as it is.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    That's what they're doing in the update? The fighting system is already bare bones as it is.

They sold over 500,000 copies of the game. However, second week sales plummeted by 80% across both platforms. Japan didn't bother showing up to support the game.

The sales should rise when that June update comes out, that's when myself and others are picking it up.

80% plummet is common, people who really want the game go buy it as soon as it drops.

I think not having it in the arcades hurts it's presence in japan.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not the point , the option selects weren't put in the game on purpose. People discovered them like they do in every SF. They're hurting the game if they're gonna remove every thing that the community discovers. SF games always evolve with the community

Like he said the game play is already bare bones as it is.

Lots of things weren't put in games on purpose. That's why they have patches. Not gonna stop community from playing is pro tour on the line. Plus the slow burn of dlc character gonna keep game fresh
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it me or does Ken have zero recovery on block? ? annoying.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

What move?
  • Bazz-B
    Options
    I think the update comes out on Tuesday.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went from silver all the way to bronze. I don't know how to just turn ? off and call it a day
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I think the update comes out on Tuesday.

Can't wait,
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What move?

Air and heavy tatsu