Mobb Deep - Drop A Gem On 'Em

Options

Comments

• hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I miss the 90s... PAC clearly was outright calling names but niccas was sneak dissin. And even though I'm from LA my fav group is MOBB deep. And matter of fact we was listening to just as much MOBB as we did pac on the set

Only New Yorkers listen to artist from New York. Didn't you get your revisionist history memo?
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    _? _ wrote: »
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    lol @ sneak dissin being genius. Good Gawd these ? were ?

U sound ? bc pax was never no tough ? nobody was ever scared of him majority of nyc looked at him as a clown so why would they try to match pac ? talking that's all he ever did

Thats what I've been screaming for years. All Pac did was pop ? . He didn't actually do anything as far as opening an after school program, give scholarships to kids in the hood or work in conjunction with any politicians.

Now you've got people saying that Big and Mobb Deep were scared because they didn't pop ? like 2Pac.

Why would you want to pop ? like 2Pac?

Why would you want to be known as a person that blatantly disses people on records? Its corny if you think about it.

Also, if he really thought Biggie and Puffy set him up, he's softer than a pillow for making a record dissing them. I mean seriously, you get shot 5 times and you go directly to the recording studio and make a record dissing the person that you think did it???

Some of it might be anti NY sentiment(more so now than back then) but I think the death played a big role. Pac went out like a shooting star but we never got to see him fall apart and because of the way he died he was beyond criticism.

Can you imagine a loud mouth New Yorker rapper today getting killed soon after beefing? People would go in and the ironic thing is that Pac was a loud New Yorker who got got.
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Here's a word to those that robbed me
    I murder you then I, run a train on Mobb Deep! Don't ? with me
    ? you're barely livin, don't you got sickle cell?
    See me have a seizure on stage, you ain't feelin well, hell
    How many ? wanna be involved?
    See I was only talkin to Biggie, but I'll ? allay'all, then ball"

2Pac - When We Ride On Our Enemies OG: http://youtu.be/2Fwg1W_C28E
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    Don't know why y'all nosigning Goldie.

He is right. Drop a gem on Em was weak. Pac murdered them on arguably the famous Diss song of all time.

And the only way Mobb Deep and Biggie could respond was with subliminals. When I heard drop a gem on Em the first time I didn't know it was a Diss. It was listed as (Pac Diss) I was like wtf where!??

"? talk a lot of ? but that's after I'm gone
    Cause they fear me in physical form let it be known
    I'm troublesome"

Obviously he wasn't that feared.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure how anyone could consider this song as a subliminal.
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options
    Cuz I dont applaud sneak dissing? If a ? calls you out by name and ethers you and you respond by sneak dissing? You're a ? and you ? applauding the ? are ? too.

Always found it weird that Pac dissed Prodigy for being born with a disease that impact so many Black people.

Huh? New York ? was dissing pac left and right when he got robbed and shot why in the world would he feel sympathy for anybody else
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Javon803 wrote: »
    Cuz I dont applaud sneak dissing? If a ? calls you out by name and ethers you and you respond by sneak dissing? You're a ? and you ? applauding the ? are ? too.

Always found it weird that Pac dissed Prodigy for being born with a disease that impact so many Black people.

Huh? New York ? was dissing pac left and right when he got robbed and shot why in the world would he feel sympathy for anybody else

That's not true.
  • MiamiNights
    Options

I never did and I lost 2 aunts and a friend girl to the disease,I just looked at it as Pac being disrespectful to Prodigy and wanting to take it to the next level.
  • hiphop12345
    Options

What songs?
  • hiphop12345
    Options

I never did and I lost 2 aunts and a friend girl to the disease,I just looked at it as Pac being disrespectful to Prodigy and wanting to take it to the next level.

Was your fam considered a Black activist?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So its ok for 2Pac to disrespect Prodigy for having sickle cell anemia but its not ok to diss 2Pac after he died?
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol dudes really riding for Pac and Prodigy like this beef is recent. ? was two decades ago....Lmao
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Biggie said some disrespectful lyrics in his disses "Destiny lays in my hand". Given his history with him & Gutter, ain't no telling what those sickos would've done to young Destiny
  • MiamiNights
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

So its ok for 2Pac to disrespect Prodigy for having sickle cell anemia but its not ok to diss 2Pac after he died?

When in my comments did i say it wasnt ok for Mobb Deep to this Pac after he died?
    I swear you ? be hating so much,that you read things they way you want to see it.
    I can say Mobb Deep was a good group but i never bought any of their albums,but you'll look at it like "mobb deep aint ? ,? couldn't pay me to buy one of their albums" << how you haters see things lol
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know why y'all nosigning Goldie.

He is right. Drop a gem on Em was weak. Pac murdered them on arguably the famous Diss song of all time.

And the only way Mobb Deep and Biggie could respond was with subliminals. When I heard drop a gem on Em the first time I didn't know it was a Diss. It was listed as (Pac Diss) I was like wtf where!??

"? talk a lot of ? but that's after I'm gone
    Cause they fear me in physical form let it be known
    I'm troublesome"

Pac dissed the Mobb and didn't even know it in these lines.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P on DAGOE from Complex mag.

Prodigy: “We recorded that song at Access Studios. We just went in and made that song after we heard Tupac saying some things about us because of our ‘L.A., L.A.’ song. We heard somebody playing ‘Hit Em Up’ on the block and we were like, ‘Oh word? ? wanna make songs about us? Aight, cool.’ As soon as we heard Tupac saying anything about Mobb Deep, we went in and made that ? about him. We were like, ‘? this ? , we going right at this ? and whoever the ? he’s down with.’

“‘Drop a Gem on ‘Em’ was unique and it was different. Pac just took a beat that everybody knew of already and just tried to flip the lyrics or whatever. That’s why I think with ‘Drop a Gem On Em’ people were like, ‘Yo, that ? is fire. Y’all killed the ? ,’ because it was like a new beat. Nobody had ever heard a beat like that before. The lyrics were crazy.

“We had actually pulled the song because it was the first single off of Hell On Earth. We submitted it to radio and radio put it in rotation, even in Cali. But when Pac died, we pulled the song off radio and told them to stop playing it out of respect for his family and out of respect for the dead. We were like, ‘Nah, stop pushing that.’ We still put it on the album.

“We were about to shoot a video for that. We were about to go in on that ? , but we were like, ‘Yo, pull it.’ We were just going to go in on this ? in the video. I mean, it was so new when Pac died that I think it was only on the radio for about a week or two. So, we didn’t really have plans for the video, but we were about to shoot a video for it. When Pac died, we switched the single to 'Hell On Earth' instead.”
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lyrically on wax Pac wasn't iller than 1996 era Prodigy(sorry Pac stans)...and Pac is one of my favorite artists but hes not a superb battle rapper..A GOAT ? talker? Yeah maybe but that doesn't necessarily translate into GOAT battle rap songs..Hit em up had mostly two atomic ether bombs at best..the opening bar about ? faith and the bar about biggie sleeping on his couch..the rest was filler threats until the etherous diatribe(not bars) at the end

Pacs stature in the game and his fame gave his diss more impact..Hit em up was more direct than Drop a gem on em but it had some ether on there about pacs alledged jailhouse ? and his 95 robbery..Lets not pretend like those were feather weight bars..

Off wax..Prodigy wasn't no super thug..Eye remember hearing stories/rumors of new Orleans ? robbing P with a ? candy bar in a brown paper bag(pretending it's a gun)..

Plus eye met prodigy in person at a bar in atl..? was a ? midget..eye can see why he gets tested on the regular..Pretty sure Pac would of beat Ps ass in a physical altercation back in the day
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope track, Pac was already dead when it dropped, plus it was weak diss compared to how hard Pac was going at P.

Facts
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Lyrically on wax Pac wasn't iller than 1996 era Prodigy(sorry Pac stans)...and Pac is one of my favorite artists but hes not a superb battle rapper..A GOAT ? talker? Yeah maybe but that doesn't necessarily translate into GOAT battle rap songs..Hit em up had mostly two atomic ether bombs at best..the opening bar about ? faith and the bar about biggie sleeping on his couch..the rest was filler threats until the etherous diatribe(not bars) at the end

Pacs stature in the game and his fame gave his diss more impact..Hit em up was more direct than Drop a gem on em but it had some ether on there about pacs alledged jailhouse ? and his 95 robbery..Lets not pretend like those were feather weight bars..

Off wax..Prodigy wasn't no super thug..Eye remember hearing stories/rumors of new Orleans ? robbing P with a ? candy bar in a brown paper bag(pretending it's a gun)..

Plus eye met prodigy in person at a bar in atl..? was a ? midget..eye can see why he gets tested on the regular..Pretty sure Pac would of beat Ps ass in a physical altercation back in the day

Cosign. I'm wondering how people are calling Drop a Gem on Em weak when P was rapping about Pac getting ? and robbed in NY
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »

Cosign. I'm wondering how people are calling Drop a Gem on Em weak when P was rapping about Pac getting ? and robbed in NY

should have said his name it would been even more ether
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    Dope track, Pac was already dead when it dropped, plus it was weak diss compared to how hard Pac was going at P.

Facts

Actually not factual.
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options

What songs?

Wasn't really just songs the whole music industry which was pretty much based out of ny all came at pac when he got shot and went to prison from radio djs vibe magazine record execs making up rumors talking bout he got ? in jail calling him 1 pac lol talking bout his ? got shot off so I can't blame pac when ? was basically laughing at his pain for being heartless they probably thought he was finished when he got locked up though
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    "Here's a word to those that robbed me
    I murder you then I, run a train on Mobb Deep! Don't ? with me
    ? you're barely livin, don't you got sickle cell?
    See me have a seizure on stage, you ain't feelin well, hell
    How many ? wanna be involved?
    See I was only talkin to Biggie, but I'll ? allay'all, then ball"

2Pac - When We Ride On Our Enemies OG: http://youtu.be/2Fwg1W_C28E

Lord knows if Big said this ? ass ? what these ? would have to say but I digress

Funny how no one ever gets on Pac's case for that line.
  • hiphop12345
    edited March 2016
    Options

What songs?

Wasn't really just songs the whole music industry which was pretty much based out of ny all came at pac when he got shot and went to prison from radio djs vibe magazine record execs making up rumors talking bout he got ? in jail calling him 1 pac lol talking bout his ? got shot off so I can't blame pac when ? was basically laughing at his pain for being heartless they probably thought he was finished when he got locked up though

I know Jimmy Iovine is a New Yorker but interscope is based in California and so is Vibe. Do you have any proof supporting your claims?