The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Reading some of the reviews it seems like people now want the movies to have the tone of the arrrowverse even though they complain that the arrowverse is "too light and fun" and not like TDK. Weird inconsistant ass logic.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reviewers are destroying this movie lol. I am not one to care about reviews but this movie always seemed off to me once they revealed more. Only thing I care for is Batman but I may wait til redbox unless my bro really wants to see it. I don't think he is pressed though. They were smart to not release this movie near Civil War and people swore DC had the movies on lock. Ouch!
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I feel that there are so many ways to present DC Comics characters, that very few DC movies will ever please everybody. There's not a lot of ways to tell an iron man or a Thor story.

One review I read said that DC movies are 100% the works of the directors, and their sole vision. For better or worse, when it works, its great, like Nolan, and when it doesn't it flops hard, like GL. This also holds true for TV shows. Flash/Arrow/Legends and I guess Supergirl have that Berlanti feeling. I'm not sure who runs Gotham but from what I've seen it has that Fox cop show feeling very much. This keeps it interesting to me. I dont want to see one take on my favorite characters, just like i dont want one single writer writing all of superman's adventures

This is very much a Snyder movie. He has his own vision of it, and just like comic book writers Frank Miller, Scott Snyder, or Grant Morrison have their own vision of DC. You may not agree with it, but you can't say that he's not a fan. Not everything works, but what does, looks amazing. Even the bad reviews say that you still really need to watch it lol
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Honestly it sounds like Batman and Superman are getting judged way to harshly and it doesn't help that before the MCU there was nothing like it before. Average fans didn't know who Iron man was before that movie unlike Superman and Batman who are household names. Some people are still clinging to Burton and Donner and not allowing the other movies to be their own thing. Nolan was allowed to do that but because people don't like Zack in general he doesn't get the same chance to be different.
  • matches malone
    Options
    there were problems and rumors about negativity on F4 long before the movie came out. Director arguing with stars, horrible reception to Doom, etc.

There really hasnt been any of that with B v S. Everything leading up to now has been positive. No one was saying Kate Mara is gonna blow you away as Sue Storm like theyre saying Gal Gadot is gonna blow you away as Wonder Woman.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm talking about negative reviews.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to gloat or anything but i get to see this a day before any of you lot.

I will let you know if its ? or not.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the common themes of some of the reviews seem to be that its Dark, Gloom and Gritty and not much "fun".

Personally for a Batman film that is what its supposed to be and what I expect.

Now as for plot holes and cramming thats on WB for not introducing Bats and WW prior to BVS.
  • iron man1
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The DC movies been wack though. Minus Dark Knight. I'm not surprised at the reviews.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

I ? with this review starts at the 3:35 mark she kept it 100
  • matches malone
    Options
    the forbes review is incredibly positive. it says its a better sequel to Dark Knight than Dark Knight Rises was. It really highlights the differences and similarities between Bats and Supes.

Keep in mind though, this guy loved Watchmen and seems like a legit comic book fan.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watchmen was meh to me but im sure Snyder fixed those qualms
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    %40 on Rotten Tomatoes 1ZYHHEt.png
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watchmen is dope
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

So basically if you enjoy comics you will love the movie, most critics on rotten tomatoes just enjoy the marvel movies. However I am not going to judge the critics because I have not seen it yet.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    One of the common themes of some of the reviews seem to be that its Dark, Gloom and Gritty and not much "fun".

Personally for a Batman film that is what its supposed to be and what I expect.

Now as for plot holes and cramming thats on WB for not introducing Bats and WW prior to BVS.

Even better

WATTBA
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These poor reviews are somewhat disconcertin' but these same ? said that Daredevil S2 isn't great. They complained that it's too much Punisher. Comic ? are sayin' it's better than S1 so I'd suppose it depends on what you're lookin' for.

But yeah I can't front like these bad reviews are nothin'

• iron man1
    Options
  • iron man1
    Options
    That RT ? is od flawed because it's strictly critics who don't give a ? about comics. The marvel movies have always been family friendly and simple most of the time besides Winter Soldier really. Eh just try to go in with an open mind and watch it for yourself.