Options
13»

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Michael_Malice Where you located at

I'll be outside of Savannah.

You doing road master as the trucking school?

No I did Troops to Transportation. It was the CDL School out of Miami. But I went to the Ft. BENNING campus.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you know what maneuvers you have to perform on the test out there? I wonder if it's the same as here, if I remember correctly it was

Pre trip
    In cab
    Serpentine/straight back
    Alley dock
    Parallel park
    Blind side parallel park
    Then the road test

I knocked everything out the first try besides the serpentine which is supposed to be the easiest one, took me two tries
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Do you know what maneuvers you have to perform on the test out there? I wonder if it's the same as here, if I remember correctly it was

Pre trip
    In cab
    Serpentine/straight back
    Alley dock
    Parallel park
    Blind side parallel park
    Then the road test

I knocked everything out the first try besides the serpentine which is supposed to be the easiest one, took me two tries

Only one we didn't do was serpentine. Blind slide parallel got me. Took me two tries.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pre trip
    In cab
    Serpentine/straight back
    Alley dock
    Parallel park
    Blind side parallel park
    Then the road test

Only one we didn't do was serpentine. Blind slide parallel got me. Took me two tries.

Didn't have to blind side but it's easier to do in a day cab but I'm so use to doing it sight side. Funny thing is I barely knew how to drive a sick let alone a 8 or 10 speed. But test time I was double clutching that ? .I glide/float thru then gears now. But the trucks I drive now are automatic I love it. The hell s with sitting in rush hour traffic pressing the clutch in I just to ease up a couple of feet
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id ? lot lizards

? around n have a orgy
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Pre trip
    In cab
    Serpentine/straight back
    Alley dock
    Parallel park
    Blind side parallel park
    Then the road test

Didn't have to blind side but it's easier to do in a day cab but I'm so use to doing it sight side. Funny thing is I barely knew how to drive a sick let alone a 8 or 10 speed. But test time I was double clutching that ? .I glide/float thru then gears now. But the trucks I drive now are automatic I love it. The hell s with sitting in rush hour traffic pressing the clutch in I just to ease up a couple of feet

Yeah I didn't really know how to drive a stick before I came here. Only time I drove one was in Iraq. We had this little Iraqi jeep on camp we use to push around. I taught myself to drive it so I wouldn't have to walk around camp. That was in 05 tho.
    I thought I would be a tough guy and want a manual when I get to a company but nah ? that. Let me get that auto.
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options