Mobb Deep - Drop A Gem On 'Em

Options

Comments

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    _? _ wrote: »
    @_goldie_ Also pac got y'all ? gassed you know that LA LA video got shot up right

I believe you referring to new york new york gettin shot up not LA LA but you also know they had four ? in that LA LA song and it still aint better than the way Kurupt blacked out on his right?

Yea the ny my video, n I'm from New York only thing I liked was the hook n beat like most ppl
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LA, LA was weak. The only reason people gassed the song up is because of the song title. ? didn't even call the Dogg pound out in the song nor did they say anything relating to the east-west beef. crazy thing about it is the fact that New york, New york wasn't even a east coast diss record. It was made to pay homage to New york and showcase Kurupt's skills, the only reason Snoop and nem crushed the buildings was because the video shoot got shot up.
  • _God_
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    LA, LA was weak. The only reason people gassed the song up is because of the song title. ? didn't even call the Dogg pound out in the song nor did they say anything relating to the east-west beef. crazy thing about it is the fact that New york, New york wasn't even a east coast diss record. It was made to pay homage to New york and showcase Kurupt's skills, the only reason Snoop and nem crushed the buildings was because the video shoot got shot up.

Cnn answered the record ny ny, it was a song comparison not fuel beef
  • moyo
    Options

I hear ya bruh, but the ? was still weak in my opinion. Plus the fact that Noreaga even admitted that Prodigy basically had to be coerced to even do the record and respond to Pac and the west after him and Havoc bragged for years that they were the only NY cats that responded when Pac, Westside connection and others were killin the east.
  • _God_
    edited March 2016
    Options

I hear ya bruh, but the ? was still weak in my opinion. Plus the fact that Noreaga even admitted that Prodigy basically had to be coerced to even do the record and respond to Pac and the west after him and Havoc bragged for years that they were the only NY cats that responded when Pac, Westside connection and others were killin the east.

Nah the OG version of la la prodigy had a verse where he ripped pac apart n by name too but they erased the verse bc cnn was nervous with it being they first single if that verse came out prodigy would have crushed pacs legacy and biggie wasn't happy wit them making that. Puffy was trying to keep the beef off wax bc he knew he was lining up the hit
  • moyo
    Options
    Well that's not what Nore said, but i hear ya. If I was P couldn't no other grown man make me erase a damn thing after a ? done talked about a serious disease I had but i digress.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The original version of LA, LA that was over the NY, NY beat was better than NY, NY. But the version that got released as a video and appeared on CNN's album wasn't as good.

They tore that beat to shreds.
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options

Nah the OG version of la la prodigy had a verse where he ripped pac apart n by name too but they erased the verse bc cnn was nervous with it being they first single if that verse came out prodigy would have crushed pacs legacy and biggie wasn't happy wit them making that. Puffy was trying to keep the beef off wax bc he knew he was lining up the hit

you really believe that too don't you? smdh
  • moyo
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    The original version of LA, LA that was over the NY, NY beat was better than NY, NY. But the version that got released as a video and appeared on CNN's album wasn't as good.

Never heard that ? , But I'm glad that U admitted that the released version of LA, LA was ? . Yall can try to re-write history all y'all want, but Mobb deep and the east got ? on heavily during that period and yall know it.
  • _God_
    Options
    Javon803 wrote: »

you really believe that too don't you? smdh

Tragedy said it, and nore did check the story of Queensbridge
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

lol @ the song that cues up at the end...

https://youtu.be/1q0zA2cfRCU
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never heard that ? , But I'm glad that U admitted that the released version of LA, LA was ? . Yall can try to re-write history all y'all want, but Mobb deep and the east got ? on heavily during that period and yall know it.

Emphatic Nosign!

The mixtape scene in New York made the entire West Coast look like a hick town with one record label. Mixtape DJs in New York were putting out mix tapes so fast that by the time an album in New York was released the material was old.

Doo ? Tapes alone >>> Death Row's entire discography.

People on the West Coast were so slow they didn't even have mix tapes.

Then when you factor in S&S, Mr Cee, DJ Clue, Kid Capri, Action Pac, Silva Surfa and all the other mixtape DJs, Death Row couldn't compete.
  • moyo
    Options

Emphatic Nosign!

The mixtape scene in New York made the entire West Coast look like a hick town with one record label. Mixtape DJs in New York were putting out mix tapes so fast that by the time an album in New York was released the material was old.

Then when you factor in S&S, Mr Cee, DJ Clue, Kid Capri, Action Pac, Silva Surfa and all the other mixtape DJs, Death Row couldn't compete.

But that goes back to my original point that I made earlier in this thread. Locally in New York yall probably heard a lotta ? that the rest of the country didn't hear. So of course in y'all minds thats gonna make yall feel like Mobb deep and the east wrecked ? in that battle. But to the rest of the country from what we heard and saw Pac and the west killed all them ? . It's almost like in World war I when Germany thought that they were killin ? only to sign the Treaty of Versailles and be proven otherwise. lol
  • _God_
    Options

Emphatic Nosign!

And the la la song was meant to be the bad boy mixtape but puff ain't want that attention
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was listening to this cd a few weeks ago. DAGOE was one of my favorite joints on the album.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You speak only music or some street ? /over all?
  • moyo
    Options
    All of the above.
  • moyo
    Options
    They tryin desperately to re-write history.......
  • _God_
    Options
    Death row was heavy in places that had no culture of its own, and diddy had the whole east coast plus more if death row was so major they would still be relevant somehow, wen u look back they were just another good label with a good run like g unit, Mmg, rocafella cash money, but the thing about them is some way some how they're still relevant, diddy still doing his thing, Suge in jail pac dead snoop n Dre left, so how was a war won?
  • moyo
    Options
    Puffy's relevant, Bad boy ain't been ? since Mase left and Puff threw Shyne under the bus after shooting up the club in '99. Death row had a way more dominant run than any of the labels u named including Bad boy.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow had more dominance than rocafella? Yeah ok buddy you're either delusional or just pulling ? out your ass too make a point
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ? need to stop speaking your everyone else. Just cause the 5 ? you know and the next door coyotes in your hood didn't ? with New York music don't mean no one else didn't