The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Ben Affleck a far better Batman than Chris Bale, he gave the character more humanity and his known detective skills were used here incredibly. His wealth wasn't thrown in your face like the Nolan films

reading this actually gives me hope
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Best female performance here was Holly Hunter as a senator. ..

Amy Adams was good too.could have been completely relegated to the sidelines given there's a lot going on in this movie but she did her thing the best she could.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The f-ck is up with this thread?????????????

Got me looking around like I'm in the Matrix
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sooo pretty much everyone is going into movie the same when people went into Transformers?
  • matches malone
    edited March 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Sooo pretty much everyone is going into movie the same when people went into Transformers?

this is the direction that I'm getting. It will make them money, but its not gonna be marvel.
    It looks like DC is going to let the movies be Michael Bay for superheroes.

Which would really bother me if DC didnt have an amazing TV/Cartoon world going on.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie got the hood jumpin
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Affleck a far better Batman than Chris Bale, he gave the character more humanity and his known detective skills were used here incredibly. His wealth wasn't thrown in your face like the Nolan films

reading this actually gives me hope

He does him and Alfreds chemistry was great and Bruce uses tech in and out of costume. Trust me the movie isn't anywhere near that bad but the editing screws with ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is the direction that I'm getting. It will make them money, but its not gonna be marvel.
    It looks like DC is going to let the movies be Michael Bay for superheroes.

Which would really bother me if DC didnt have an amazing TV/Cartoon world going on.

Considering Zach isn't doing any other one besides Justice League it won't be Transformers level.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    YOOOOOOO ? THE CRITICS! This movie was flames man go see this ? straight up testosterone filled movie.

Bruh I loved this movie. Ppl just hating cause it was too dark and realistic.

This ? wasn't anywhere Watchmen dark man everyone see this movie Batman is official. The BVS fight was hilarious to me in a good way with how certain things happened and the crowd loved it. The Trinity fight was great and the easter eggs for the Justice League weren't even that long that ? was a damn near extended cameo at most. It made me hyped for what's to come though
    Lex pretty much confirming that Darkseid not only exists but he may have contacted and brought his attention to Earth got me hyed for Justice League. Aquamans cameo was incredible in what time he had and I can't wait until his movie to see it get the proper time in a full movie. Wonder Woman was a true warrior and was smiling during the fight and showed that she's not afraid to throw down.

I think the critic's fans were simply because it "really strictly" came straight out of a comic book in every sense and was too forward for them. They gave the characters a realistic yet human element in terms of emotions. It's not for kids and the story was definitely not all over the place, ? just got ADD and overlooked a lot of ? . Now for the spoilers...
    My only problem like someone said was Lex Luthor. The ? was too finicky and too ? cryptic for no reason. I would've preferred an adult Lex Luthor but I could over look it. I like the story and the in depth explanation. The dream sequence followed by Flash coming back in time to warn Bruce to bring the team together was definitely a "OH ? " moment that a lot of ppl overlooked which made me think of a Justice League flashpoint story in the future.

I can't compare this to Marvel because it's a completely different tone. The story simply explained everything for the first 1 and half and made too much sense. I give this an 8.7/10.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Transformers ? sucked. All action with no explanation, terrible dialogue, story and cgi ? . Please don't compare that ? to epicness.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was meh
    Batman was dope tho
    6/10
  • matches malone
    edited March 2016
    Options
    "Truthfully, despite all my grievances, I rather liked BVS. Unlike nearly all of the Marvel movies, it feels like the work of an actual filmmaker instead of a glorified television production."

http://theyoungfolks.com/review/movie-review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/75609

this guy nailed what I was trying to say before. DC characters will always rest on the filmmakers. The directors will carry their styles over to how they see Batman, Superman, Joker etc.

It makes me curious to see how a director like David Ayer is gonna handle supervillains, and how a horror movie director is going to treat aquaman. Sometimes directors with new perspective handle this ? better. The Russo brothers did Arrested Development and ? You Me and Dupree before Captain America
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Movie was definitely a little disjointed but it made up for it in other areas. All of the actors did a fantastic job, save Lois Lane whom was nauseating. I'm extremely happy for Affleck because he killed his role as Batman/Bruce. Hope he isn't discouraged by the negative reviews.

Who ever was in charge of editing need never be hired again because the pacing was all over the place. The films progression vaguely reminded me of the way comics flow from panel to panel (i.e. Transitioning to conversations & locales that don't necessarily have anything to do with the prior ) and I wouldn't be surprised if it were done intentionally for a more "comic book" feel. However, that isn't a good thing for this medium and was misguided if it's what the filmmakers were aiming for.

Several things that annoyed me:
    1.) Wonder Woman probably should have been left out of this movie. Of the approxiamately 10 minutes that were dedicated to her, she spent about 8 minutes not speaking. All of that time could have shortened the run time and/or be dedicated to further developing the plot. Was it cool to see? Yes. Did it serve a purpose? Not at all. When she comes in to join the fight at the end it feels like a cheap pop since her character wasn't developed in the slightest during the prior 2 hours.

2.) The Justice League nods should have been left at Flash coming from the future & Bruce briefly pausing at the Lex files. Actually showing the surveillance footage felt cheap & contributed nothing to the film.

3.) The extra fat should have been trimmed. All of the bullet nonsense added nothing to the story. And that terrorist encounter in the beginning was the #1 example of ? poor pacing, as there was absolutely no establishing set up for it. Same goes for Supes scene on the mountain with his father.

In all, the movie should have fleshed out the Government vs. Superman vs. Batman plot; with Lex's scheming being the unifying factor. Everything else just muddied the ? and shorted us of a great movie

It wasn't necessarily that the above mentioned things were bad... It was just more so that they came out of no where and felt like a steady stream of randomness. I still enjoyed the movie overall, I was just a little conflicted by the end because the issues that are present were glaring, avoidable & clearly the kind that could be corrected with a directors cut. Probably go into more detail when I wake up in the morning.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the movie last night. It was just OK. Visually impressive, but the story was all over the place. (True to Zack Synder fashion. Let's not forget how the movie Sucker Punch turned out.) Lex Luthor didn't feel like Lex at all. Wonder Woman was cool though. Lois Lane didn't do ? really. Ben Affleck did a good job as Bruce/Batman.
    Batman was actually killing people in the movie. There were cameos by The Flash, and Aquaman.

By the way, don't bother sticking around for post credit preview. There isn't one.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be. What's really funny is everyone hating on affleck being batman and he was the best part of the movie
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    ? what critics say

10 out of 10 I love this ?

Finally a movie we can both agree on. This movie was better than Nolans Dark Knight trilogy imo.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Took my lady to see it, n she left the theater saying , "Batman is a beast!"
  • black caesar
    Options
    ? what critics say

10 out of 10 I love this ?

Finally a movie we can both agree on. This movie was better than Nolans Dark Knight trilogy imo.

Better than Nolan's trilogy? You can't be serious. The movie was just average, and this is coming from a Batman fan.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Question. Are The DC TV shows going to be connected to the DCMU like how Marvel does it with the TV & Netflix shows?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Richard Roper's Review Its A Positive One

https://youtu.be/wZxzsMBIhRY
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with it...not nearly as bad as critics said it is.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question. Are The DC TV shows going to be connected to the DCMU like how Marvel does it with the TV & Netflix shows?

no they are seperate