Is Jay-Z's verse on "Ha" the worst guest spot on a remix EVER?

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop on Make Em Say Ugh 2 is just as bad if not worse.

Mane!!!!!!!!!! I was so ? when I first heard that ? . Snoop's my guy and a legend but how the ? do u put Snoop on that track and take off Mystikal after he killed the original??? That was ridiculous.

• lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst verse ever on a remix? No. Worst jay verse on a remix? Yup
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Jay wanted that ? so bad, the song was everywhere and once the remix dropped with jay I was hyped to hear it because this is when people first started checking for jay like that in my city, the verse was ass tho, sounded like he was on a cordless house phone.

Try again...... "Im over charging ? for what they did to the old crush" he was talking about that verse. Universal records paid Jayz $500,000 for that verse.they chased him not the other way around. In the contract they said he wasn't gonn be on any other musical video for a couple of months, that was why he didn't appear in the first versions of mariahs Heartbreaker..
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanx for the insight
    jus saying jay z is dope, by his standards the verse was sub par. Great business man tho.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    Jay wanted that ? so bad, the song was everywhere and once the remix dropped with jay I was hyped to hear it because this is when people first started checking for jay like that in my city, the verse was ass tho, sounded like he was on a cordless house phone.

Try again...... "Im over charging ? for what they did to the old crush" he was talking about that verse. Universal records paid Jayz $500,000 for that verse.they chased him not the other way around. In the contract they said he wasn't gonn be on any other musical video for a couple of months, that was why he didn't appear in the first versions of mariahs Heartbreaker..

So they gave him half a million for that verse

GTFOH

That ? got over
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That verse basically solidified juvi for the east coast...juvi basically said after that verse his shows started getting alot of love up north...Jay also helped out UGK as far as people checking for them up north like that and vice versa for jay in the south.
    Yeah I agree with ya. I heard a few Jay cuts before the Ha remix but I really wasn't checking for Hov til after the remix and even more so when Big Pimpin. Was a big UGK fan coming up being ftom Texas and when I heard Big Pimpin I immediately went and bought Vol 3 and have owned every Hov album since. Yes even Best of Both Worlds lol
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i remember correctly i remember ? thinking jay was claiming blood
    on that record, with that bladdddat talk back then......

that was some ? bloods use to say alot in ny back than...

• Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    Mr 202 wrote: »

So they gave him half a million for that verse

GTFOH

Do your research before you start cursing.. How much do you think universal records will pay prime Jay z
    To not even feature in the video of a Mariah Carey's smash record he rapped in? Or how much do you think he charged universal records to brag about over charging them?

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    So all the ? that nosigned me y'all telling me that this ? is better than Jay's Ha verse?

Fresh to death on 'em
    We throwin' money on 'em
    Stay fly, 25s when we ride on 'em
    Alligator suede, custom with the shades
    Make it snow in the club, ? know we paid
    Stay shy rockin' Gucci in the Bentley (Super fly)
    White Rolls for my broad on them 23s
    Goin' to the club, ? in a new fleet
    All red doors up, doin' it like a real G
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jay-Z was atrocious on that beat. How you going to rap on the GOAT producer beat but come awful on the beat
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yup. His verse is the only flawed thing on a otherwise flawless album. Matter fact that whole track shouldn't have been on there.

The Hova remix is not on the original retail 400 degreez that dropped, its on the re-release bruh.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not just Jays fault, that whole song other then the hook is ass. I like Juvie but ? that song ha
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Let's ask the man himself

@ShawnJAY-ZCarter

What happen b?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never really had a problem with this verse lol

I remember we moved out of Brooklyn in '97, Jay-Z was already big in NY by that time because of Reasonable Doubt

Me and my brother were having east coast withdrawals when we first moved to Atl, so when that song first came out
    we were just happy to hear Jay in the south lmao...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    u know how long i lasted looking for a clear sounding version of this on Limewire and never found it cause it doesnt exist smh

I bet your computer caught all kinds of AIDS lol

man my computer caught it all lol
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hindsight 20/20 the verse isn't horrible, but it's still pretty bad. Jay half ? guest verses more often than not, He half assed his verse on "3 kings" by Rick Ross a few years ago as well.