The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    The acting is so bad in those meta-human files. You can tell they were all shot quickly at different times by different people. The Aquaman ? was just akward, him posing for the camera first lol.

Lol i laughed at the aquaman scene. Just peering out like "wtf is going on out here?"
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    maybe the bad reviews lowered the expectations for me but I loved it.

Disjointed and a bit slow to start, absolutely. Lex luthor was divisive, and he could've toned it down about 25% (even though I dont see the suave businessman Luthor working in this movie). Some of the cameos were a little wasted, especially the first Flash one. At times they try to fit a little too much into the movie. They had enough for 2 flicks easily. Maybe THIS should've been the 2 parter and not the Justice League movie.

But any shortcomings were made up with some moments in the flick that as a comic book fan, your mouth just drops and you stop breathing so you can take it all in. Affleck absolutely kills the role. If there's anyone who comes out with not a drop of shame in this flick its him. Cavill has even better presence as Supes than in the first one. Gadot looks amazing. Theres even some scenes with Eisenberg that are as ruthless as anything you'd see Lex do in the comics (his scene on the roof with superman is just brutally good, possibly my favorite moment in the movie) If you've read TDKR, Red Son, played Arkham or Injustice games, you'll see where Snyder gets his inspiration. He may be a hack, but he's a hack who does his homework rather than pull ideas out of his ass like Bay does with his franchises.

I wonder if this movie would've been held to the same standards if it had come out in july or something. But it had to come out on Easter weekend (even that plays out in a way that makes me think it was the original plan all along). The critics made it seem like they had just watched batman and superman run a train on their wives for 2 hours lol

IMO, better than half of the Marvel films, and the ones that it's NOT better than, it's such a different type of movie that there's no sense in comparing the 2. I had a better time watching this than I did either Avengers movie, especially the terrible 2nd one.

rip.dilla wrote: »
    So for those saying this movie great and a 9/10 or 10/10 will you pay to watch it again in a couple days time?

I give it a solid 8 and I'm making plans to see it again on a business trip on the 4th
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just left, the movie was alright. It seemed like they tried to do too much in a 2 and a half hour span.

Also...
    Thank ? Warner Bros. went forward with the "Death of Superman" plot. Still f-cked up how they kept ? that film over in favor of Wild Wild West
  • matches malone
    Options
    yeah the aquaman scene was a missed opportunity. it was good to get a good shot of him, but literally him talking to a turtle would've been more exciting. on the other hand
    The Cyborg scene was perfect. I wish perry white woul'dve at least mentoned Victor Stone's name when he wanted Clark to cover the story
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like the scene where [spioler] Captain Atom showed up and arrested Lex Luthor. The Rocket Red cameo was big surprise
    Sike. :)

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah the aquaman scene was a missed opportunity. it was good to get a good shot of him, but literally him talking to a turtle would've been more exciting. on the other hand
    The Cyborg scene was perfect. I wish perry white woul'dve at least mentoned Victor Stone's name when he wanted Clark to cover the story

Honestly that Aquaman scene was one of my favorites
    The shockwave and force when he takes off destroying that ship really helped display that his power is Superman levels.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i mean it wasnt great but it wasnt horrid either. ? needa stop overreactin like its the end of d c and understand this dc's eu 2nd movie. ? act like the hulk and ironman 1 was oscar worthy and ? . i literally walked out on hulk. fightin poodles and ? . its just the start it can only get better for dc. hopefully they learn to pace better from the reviews. still lookin forward to whats next
  • matches malone
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Honestly that Aquaman scene was one of my favorites
    The shockwave and force when he takes off destroying that ship really helped display that his power is Superman levels.

hmm i didnt catch that. maybe i didnt pay much attention to that scene but ill definitely look closer next time.
  • matches malone
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    i mean it wasnt great but it wasnt horrid either. ? needa understand this dc's eu 2nd movie. ? act like the hulk and ironman 1 was oscar worthy and ? . i literally walked out on hulk. fightin poodles and ? . its just the start it can only get better for dc. hopefully they learn to pace better from the reviews. still lookin forward to whats next

the poodle fight was from the Hulk with Eric Bana. The hulk that came right after Iron Man was with Ed Norton, but I can't remember a single thing about it except that the dad from Modern Family was in it. So that should tell you how good it was
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Just got back from it.
    Even though ive spent days in here reading spoilers and laughing at u DC cry babies ? about ;reviews, editing, marvel conspiracies, and yalls determination to like it no matter what.

My takeaway from this movie was different upon finally seeing it.

WTF DID SUPERMAN DO TO THE WRITERS?

Gatdayum yalls put my ? fellow immigrant through the ringer. This was ? ? . That cac was my favorite superhero pre adolescence.

The whole ? movie my dude got bullied for what.....FOR WHAT saving these good for nothing pieces of ? called humanity.

Then u so called fans, who are really just batman fans, makes no mention of this injustice. All yo ? ? can do is gush about how batman fights so well and batfleck is as good as tony stark(foh)

and dont think i aint seen batman threw a crate at a cracka like it weighed a lego block....tf was up with that?
    If he was so true to the batman yall loved why he got played like a ? fiddle by the geek that stole facebook from armie hammer?

There were no audience applauses cacs where i was walked out ? . Idk maybe tgey aint like the ? editing either.

Cant believe they did my homie like this.
    Cant wait for Civil War so the real pros can get back to pumping out good superhero flicks.

*sobs* im a real ? , and my allergies acting up *sobs*
    ? ? aint had to do supes like this
    LwMinH.gif

As I stated b4, Imma need Superman to wit a boxing, mma, some kinda fighting trainer.

Muthafucca was gettin his azzz kicked in MOS as well. Hell he's ALWAYS gettin his azzz kicked. Lol.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Saw BvS some hours ago...

...Movie was Dope...

...Will see it again...

...The End...
    B)
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    i really like Jesse Eisenberg's eccentric Lex Luthor , idgaf
    That's how Luthor was in the old old comics. People know Luthor these days as the cool calm dude.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I was going through the 'Supergirl' thread and bumbed into this...
    Broddie wrote: »

Image-47.jpg

.. reminded me of the scene right after Supes saves a girl in Mexico during the Day of the Dead

And we still using spoilers?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got back from it. It wasn't good. The weird dreams and this Batman didn't give a ? about killing and mutilation. Affleck was good, didn't understand the hate when he was choosen to play Batman. And actually used some technology for his Batman voice.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the Aquaman scene was one of the highlights. No one else can play Thomas Wayne. Superman's reason for beefin' Bats was weak, what was the point of the investigation into Bats if Lex was just gonna kidnap Martha?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going to see it again next weekend. I think in time this will be regarded the way Watchmen is: critically panned at the beginning but appreciated later on
  • matches malone
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    So just watched it for a second time. Much better the second time around it doesn't feel as disjointed. For those of yall sayin lois wasnt needed she was an integral part of lexs plan to manipulate superman. She had to be there in the beginning for the politician to agree to send lex the kryponite and zods body. Without them believin supes bodied all those people the public wouldnt never turned against supes. Also lex saw dude vandalize sm statue and saw that as an opportunity to use him as a bomb and make sm look worse in the publics eye after he dissapeared aftr the explosion. In hindsigh lex was a great villain cuz he was a master manipulator. Lastly he kidnapped lois and pushed her off the building knowin sm would have to come back from seclusion to save her. The pics of moms was to make him ? batman to make him an outcast in the publics eyes showing he would do evil for his interests. And lex knows about darkseid from the kryptonian database which clear says she has centuries of data and lex replies teach me. Explains how he knew how to create dooms too. Theyre a good ass movie and story in here its just hidden behind the weird ass pacing. Oh and i assumed bruce had his hunch jl will have to fight from flashes warning, his knightmare dream, and lexs data researching metas, u know bats being a detective and deducing and all

good breakdown
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Just got back from it.
    Even though ive spent days in here reading spoilers and laughing at u DC cry babies ? about ;reviews, editing, marvel conspiracies, and yalls determination to like it no matter what.

My takeaway from this movie was different upon finally seeing it.

WTF DID SUPERMAN DO TO THE WRITERS?

Gatdayum yalls put my ? fellow immigrant through the ringer. This was ? ? . That cac was my favorite superhero pre adolescence.

The whole ? movie my dude got bullied for what.....FOR WHAT saving these good for nothing pieces of ? called humanity.

Then u so called fans, who are really just batman fans, makes no mention of this injustice. All yo ? ? can do is gush about how batman fights so well and batfleck is as good as tony stark(foh)

and dont think i aint seen batman threw a crate at a cracka like it weighed a lego block....tf was up with that?
    If he was so true to the batman yall loved why he got played like a ? fiddle by the geek that stole facebook from armie hammer?

There were no audience applauses cacs where i was walked out ? . Idk maybe tgey aint like the ? editing either.

Cant believe they did my homie like this.
    Cant wait for Civil War so the real pros can get back to pumping out good superhero flicks.

*sobs* im a real ? , and my allergies acting up *sobs*
    ? ? aint had to do supes like this
    LwMinH.gif

As I stated b4, Imma need Superman to wit a boxing, mma, some kinda fighting trainer.

Muthafucca was gettin his azzz kicked in MOS as well. Hell he's ALWAYS gettin his azzz kicked. Lol.

Because that ? can't fight.

Superman is that strong ? in the hood that can't fight but always overpower ? .

Until he meet a ? that's actually knows how to fight. That's why he always get the paws put on him.

The comic book Superman could fight against trained fighters just fine so there is no excuse. This movie universe's Superman is just a ? boy on every level. I said it when I first watched Man of Steel and will once again reiterate: Snyder's Superman is a Superman from people who hate Supermam for people who hate Superman.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The exciting didn't cause confusion so much as the transitions were bad and they cut to too much unnecessary parts.

Basically.

And whoever said it didn't also get pushed back due to editing, the horse Snyder said it himself.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Synder does nail supas flying patterns thou! The the speed from which he takes off, the zonic booms. Yo even when he just glides...that ish is dope!

Like the scene when they are in that abandon building. Batman takes off first in the jet(to me both his jet n bat mobile >>> nolan's version ) supe just glides over to an opening in the room first then takes off flying first..that was ill!

Singer got the physics right as well but like Snyder he was jarringly too off the mark in other key areas. To Singer's credit though I will say this; Superman rescuing the falling plane and the subsequent dialogue from him is the most "Now THAT is Superman!" sequence in any of the modern movies.