Hip Hop Has A Bad Habit Of Grading Songs As Trash or Dope, Terrible or Fire

Options
Logic Last
Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Most times songs are ok, not bad, decent, pretty cool, etc, no need to always be extreme

Comments

• bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a lot of hip-hop/rap fans in the world, meaning there's a lot of different people with varying opinions. Some folks are just not gonna vibe with what you like, regardless if a song is decent to you or not.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigbird_1 wrote: »
    There's a lot of hip-hop/rap fans in the world, meaning there's a lot of different people with varying opinions. Some folks are just not gonna vibe with what you like, regardless if a song is decent to you or not.

/thread
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree

Whenever i see someone describe something as 'dope' , typically music or shoes, it screams cliche or culture vulture.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It's all subjective and besides that you didn't offer any solutions.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worded this ? wrong but yeah ? only rate she from trash to fire sometimes maybe "ight"

When comparing songs one song can be just as good or just "more fiya" than the other one
    Or trasher if their both wack

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Most times songs are ok, not bad, decent, pretty cool, etc, no need to always be extreme

Yo this one of them white ? infiltrating our ? tryna dictate so they can find a way in , just like all these new white ? that think they can predict basketball wit a bunch of ? ass numbers . The ? you talking bout @Logic First close this ? ass thread ? you talking bout decent pretty cool this some white ? ? close this culture vulture ass thread ? this ? thesis
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    This thread is trash
  • _God_
    Options
    Hip hop has a bad habit ? By hip hop you mean ? ?? You know how I know you white. Bc music is energy, so when you have melanin , music hits your soul n you ll remember the feeling when you hear the song, that's why there's a "extreme" reaction to it. You got it Columbus??
  • _God_
    Options
    This like saying there's no need to dance at a party, this ? who posted is a clear racist
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usually people don't comment on songs that are just decent
  • Logic Last
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »

Yo this one of them white ? infiltrating our ? tryna dictate so they can find a way in , just like all these new white ? that think they can predict basketball wit a bunch of ? ass numbers . The ? you talking bout @Logic First close this ? ass thread ? you talking bout decent pretty cool this some white ? ? close this culture vulture ass thread ? this ? thesis

How old were you when your uncle first touched you?
  • Logic Last
    Options
    Hip hop has a bad habit ? By hip hop you mean ? ?? You know how I know you white. Bc music is energy, so when you have melanin , music hits your soul n you ll remember the feeling when you hear the song, that's why there's a "extreme" reaction to it. You got it Columbus??

Bizarre response
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I agree

Whenever i see someone describe something as 'dope' , typically music or shoes, it screams cliche or culture vulture.

Elzhi and Flatbush Zombies' new albums are dope... Too dope... Dope as ? .

David Banner, Oddisee, Bas and Smoke DZA have dope ass tapes too...

"You get some dope! You get some dope! You get some dope! Big ? ? for you! WOOOOOO!!!"
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel too much stuff is considered hot great etc
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Who really talks about the inbetweens though?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ijs, if i see reviews of Futures new mixtape/ song as DOPE

Then, ie Jay Elec drops 'Better In Tune With the Infinite' and the response is also....DOPE

Thats impossible. 2 different stratospheres of musical emotion, the reaction cant be the same, so that tells me you're either a youngin or you're not of my culture and you're just playing along, using keywords you ear hustled and picked up along the way. Same as when i see people all of a sudden use the word 'petty' left and right . You a culture vulture
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then, ie Jay Elec drops 'Better In Tune With the Infinite' and the response is also....DOPE

Thats impossible. 2 different stratospheres of musical emotion, the reaction cant be the same, so that tells me you're either a youngin or you're not of my culture and you're just playing along, using keywords you ear hustled and picked up along the way. Same as when i see people all of a sudden use the word 'petty' left and right . You a culture vulture

? ...

? yo arbitrary analysis of a damn word. Smh.
  • Logic Last
    Options
    This like saying there's no need to dance at a party, this ? who posted is a clear racist

So Nas a racist too? He said Hip Hop is dead.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Youre reading wayyy too much into peoples' use of adjectives.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

So a ? can't like both? IC ? , I tell you...
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all opinion