Official College Basketball thread/prospect watch

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    I'm looking at the early entries so far for the draft, and I never get why ? declare if they're projected as a late first round or second round pick. Like, stay your ass in school, I wouldn't declare unless I was projected in the lottery.

It's a risk either way. You can leave early and be a mid/late first round pick or you can gamble like the Harrison twins did and end up a fringe first rounder and possibly even go undrafted. Doesn't always work out for everyone. For this draft it makes more sense for guys to come out if they're on the fence do to next years class being loaded with talent as well as this draft class being mediocre.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm looking at the early entries so far for the draft, and I never get why ? declare if they're projected as a late first round or second round pick. Like, stay your ass in school, I wouldn't declare unless I was projected in the lottery.

It's a risk either way. You can leave early and be a mid/late first round pick or you can gamble like the Harrison twins did and end up a fringe first rounder and possibly even go undrafted. Doesn't always work out for everyone. For this draft it makes more sense for guys to come out if they're on the fence do to next years class being loaded with talent as well as this draft class being mediocre.

I hear you, but I still couldn't do it. I'd at least feel better if I knew I was more highly touted. Like how there's a ? from KU that just declared that didn't even play in their last 3 games, and only averaged 7 minutes per game this season. Like, really, ? lol. Especially if I were like a freshman or sophomore, ? just need to grind in the off-season and come back stronger.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

I hear you, but I still couldn't do it. I'd at least feel better if I knew I was more highly touted. Like how there's a ? from KU that just declared that didn't even play in their last 3 games, and only averaged 7 minutes per game this season. Like, really, ? lol. Especially if I were like a freshman or sophomore, ? just need to grind in the off-season and come back stronger.

word I hear that. Like I said tho this years class is shakey so despite his sub him having an underwhelming season he could still sneak into the top 20-25 where as his projected range before the let down was 9-16. Not bad all things considered. Business wise it makes sense for him to leave even tho he could stay in school for another year or two and improve his game.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I want oklahoma vs unc
    North Carolina over Oklahoma in the title game!

That's the title game I had in my bracket.

Although a UNC-KU title game would've been epic.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    If Izzo pulls of getting Josh Jackson to commit and convinces Deyonta Davis to stay another year the Spartans are going to be nasty next year. Next year will be one of the Goats
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tell me about it, I'm a FSU fan and both of our stud Freshman (Beasley & Bacon) declared for the draft and they're both projected as 2nd Round picks it's especially puzzling given that Beasley comes from an upper middle class up bringing. At least Bacon didn't hire an agent yet.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    remember that cat last year from kansas who declared after he missed the beginning of the season due the eligibility issues and when he did play didn't do ? .

where he at now?
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    remember that cat last year from kansas who declared after he missed the beginning of the season due the eligibility issues and when he did play didn't do ? .

where he at now?

Bobby Brown? Yeah...bust
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

where he at now?

Your talking about Cliff Alexander. He plays for the Nets now. Former number 2 recruit in the nation almost went undrafted lol. Never got the hype behind that kid.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where he at now?

Your talking about Cliff Alexander. He plays for the Nets now. Former number 2 recruit in the nation almost went undrafted lol. Never got the hype behind that kid.

He wasnt the number 2 recruit in the nation but besides that ? that clown
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

where he at now?

He wasnt the number 2 recruit in the nation but besides that ? that clown

Number 3 but whatever.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May ? have mercy on our womens team tonight

Tina thompson was looking good
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    May ? have mercy on our womens team tonight

Tina thompson was looking good

from the Comets to the Longhorns still looking right
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Izzo pulls of getting Josh Jackson to commit and convinces Deyonta Davis to stay another year the Spartans are going to be nasty next year. Next year will be one of the Goats

I doubt we get josh jackson, wishful thinking though
  • Beezus
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Beezus wrote: »
    Bye Selden!

Another guy who waited too kin to make the jump. Fringe first round pick at best.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

I doubt we get josh jackson, wishful thinking though

Thier in the mix along with Kansas and AZ. Plus him being a home grown kid helps your bid.
  • Beezus
    Options
    Jackson coming to Kansas
    Quote this
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beezus wrote: »
    Jackson coming to Kansas
    Quote this

Who threw him the ? .?