Lil Wayne Signs Reggie Northrup To Young Money Sports

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
Rapper Lil Wayne has signed former Florida State linebacker Reggie Northrup to be the first NFL prospect the rapper's Young Money Sports will market.

Lil Wayne posted an Instagram picture with Northrup before Florida State's pro day Tuesday, and Northrup told the Tallahassee Democrat that Young Money Sports will handle his marketing and branding. Rep 1 Sports is representing Northrup. TMZ first reported Northrup's agreement with Young Money Sports.

Lil Wayne posted a photo of himself with Northrup on Instagram.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-29-at-3.23.26-PM.png

Northrup told the Tallahassee Democrat he was working out in California when he built a relationship with Lil Wayne.

"Lil Wayne seen something in me. He's seen me play," Northrup told the Democrat. "He wanted to start something up, and get involved in the sports world. He's a big fan of sports. He liked my game, and they wanted to do something with me.

"They've been supporting me through this process, and I'm blessed to be affiliated with them."

As a junior and senior, Northrup led Florida State in tackles. This past year, he played in all 13 games despite suffering a torn ACL in the College Football Playoff semifinals the previous season.

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? just gonna keep on signing to Cash Money? I mean do people not read blogs/watch YouTube videos??

No ? excuse.

Na young money and cash moneys legal obligations ended a few months ago techincally young money is its own label nos. Only problem is bird and slim own 51 percent of it....but who knows this sports thing could be its own seperate entity
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i was a florida state fan i would be ashamed a former player of my squad signed to the bushes lol. How you gon sign to an imprint of a rapper who is owed over 40 million minimum haha.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    If i was a florida state fan i would be ashamed a former player of my squad signed to the bushes lol. How you gon sign to an imprint of a rapper who is owed over 40 million minimum haha.

I am a Florida State fan and I am ashamed. Reggie talkin like Wayne knows how to evaluate talent.

The only thing Wayne knows how to do is switch teams like the fair weather "fan" he is. I swore this dude went from a Saints fan to a Vikings fan to a Packers fan in the course of one offseason.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am a Florida State fan and I am ashamed. Reggie talkin like Wayne knows how to evaluate talent.

The only thing Wayne knows how to do is switch teams like the fair weather "fan" he is. I swore this dude went from a Saints fan to a Vikings fan to a Packers fan in the course of one offseason.

He's projected to be a mid-round pick, this isn't as big of a deal as when Master P helped Ricky Williams sign that ? backloaded incentive laden contract with the Saints.
  • tharealest561
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

He's projected to be a mid-round pick, this isn't as big of a deal as when Master P helped Ricky Williams sign that ? backloaded incentive laden contract with the Saints.

P didn't personally negotiate that contract but that's what Ricky wanted. He wanted a "prove your worth" type of deal. The goals were somewhat unrealistic though (think it was like 1400 yards, 10+ TDs, etc).
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't sign just off of the name (Young Money Sports) too. ? sound off brand like Fubu Sports
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Master P actually got paid tho lmao. Master P was one of the first artists (not moguls or managers) who made straight cash. Wayne can't even pay himself or drake or nikki who are mainstream hits. How the ? is he going to get an Athlete in another field promoted and paid?
  • Rampage12
    Options

P didn't personally negotiate that contract but that's what Ricky wanted. He wanted a "prove your worth" type of deal. The goals were somewhat unrealistic though (think it was like 1400 yards, 10+ TDs, etc).

So a sports agent doesn't negotiate the deal??? What in the flying ? is the point of having a sports agent then??? Regardless of what he "wanted" it's the sports agent's job to tell his ? to "smarten up". It's like that ? Russell Okung who negotiated his new deal himself and it's probably the worst sports contract in the history of sports.
  • Rampage12
    Options

Master P actually got paid tho lmao. Master P was one of the first artists (not moguls or managers) who made straight cash. Wayne can't even pay himself or drake or nikki who are mainstream hits. How the ? is he going to get an Athlete in another field promoted and paid?

Haha, I was more pointing out that he didn't know what the ? he was doing which is why No Limit Sports or whatever the hell he called it didn't last.
  • tharealest561
    Options

So a sports agent doesn't negotiate the deal??? What in the flying ? is the point of having a sports agent then??? Regardless of what he "wanted" it's the sports agent's job to tell his ? to "smarten up". It's like that ? Russell Okung who negotiated his new deal himself and it's probably the worst sports contract in the history of sports.

Look it up - I think it's in all of the documentaries made on him. He wanted the deal to be incentive laden. P owned the agency but didn't broker the deal.

And yeah, you can tell him to "smarten up" but if you know anything about Ricky Williams its that he walked (or ran) to the beat of his own drum. Dude ain't all the way there upstairs if you catch my vibe.

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at signing with Young Money Sports. GTFOH hahahaha
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now football players won't get paid either
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    He made the right decision

Cant wait to see his career go down the drain

#GatorNation
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Northup? 12 years a slave?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Look it up - I think it's in all of the documentaries made on him. He wanted the deal to be incentive laden. P owned the agency but didn't broker the deal.

And yeah, you can tell him to "smarten up" but if you know anything about Ricky Williams its that he walked (or ran) to the beat of his own drum. Dude ain't all the way there upstairs if you catch my vibe.

I know i just wanted to take more shots at lil wayne to be honest lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great pick up welcome to the family

Cristiano Ronaldo, JR Smith, Chris Johnson all been signed to us
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd be surprised if Northrup gets drafted. I'd be surprise if he becomes an UDFA and makes a team.
  • tharealest561
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

I'd be surprised if Northrup gets drafted. I'd be surprise if he becomes an UDFA and makes a team.

Agreed, I didn't think he was a mid round selection. He's not really on anyone's radar as far as LB's are concerned.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

Agreed, I didn't think he was a mid round selection. He's not really on anyone's radar as far as LB's are concerned.

Too small, no speed, and can't cover. He's a tackling machine because he has pretty good instincts.