Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    The females hating and bashing Mrs. Curry are the counterparts to the dudes hating and bashing Russell & Ciara

That doesn't make ANY sense

Hopefully you realize that so I don't have to explain

You can waste your time all you want getting into the (inconsequential) "particulars"
    but the the dudes out here ridiculing and scrutinizing Russell & Ciara's union are essentially no different from the females who are ridiculing and scrutinizing Ayesha Curry

The fact is you have black people doing something positive that are getting negative feedback by other black people......who are trying to justify that negative feedback

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Bookmark this thread... I remember another basketball wife who used to talk slick about thots:

file_179957_0_kobeoutheader.jpg

The funny thing is........Ayesha Curry rarely talks about "thots". And when she does say stuff like cover up she doesn't do it in a condescending manner at all. It's mainly other people projecting.

My point is that Steph Curry is probably going to get caught up in the inevitable NBA cheating scandal like all pro athletes do. Non-stop ? being thrown your way is tempting for even the best of men...

Even if he does get caught up like that, how does that make her look bad?

If anything Steph would look like an ass for stepping out on her.

His image would suffer as much as Tiger's did when he got caught cheating.

They will simply say Ayesha Curry WASN'T THAT GOOD of a wife,if her husband STILL had to step out on her

So in their warped,twisted logic SHE should be held accountable

• whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bookmark this thread... I remember another basketball wife who used to talk slick about thots:

file_179957_0_kobeoutheader.jpg

The funny thing is........Ayesha Curry rarely talks about "thots". And when she does say stuff like cover up she doesn't do it in a condescending manner at all. It's mainly other people projecting.

My point is that Steph Curry is probably going to get caught up in the inevitable NBA cheating scandal like all pro athletes do. Non-stop ? being thrown your way is tempting for even the best of men...

The hate in you strong b

How Sway?

Same cats were putting Kobe Bryant on a pedestal a few years ago.

It was a lie! No way would Kobe sleep with that busted white chick when he had Vanessa at home.

And yet...

No human is infallible, b.

You're hopeing and praying he cheats. Badmind

yeah... that's what I'm "hopeing" and praying for...

so we aren't allowed to discuss things on the IC in 2016, now?

sheep...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    The females hating and bashing Mrs. Curry are the counterparts to the dudes hating and bashing Russell & Ciara

That doesn't make ANY sense

Hopefully you realize that so I don't have to explain

You can waste your time all you want getting into the (inconsequential) "particulars"
    but the the dudes out here ridiculing and scrutinizing Russell & Ciara's union are essentially no different from the females who are ridiculing and scrutinizing Ayesha Curry

The fact is you have black people doing something positive that are getting negative feedback by other black people......who are trying to justify that negative feedback

Fixed
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    My point is

These tv shows should be about GENERAL ACTIVITIES and not using such subject to highlight a person or/and to make the animator somebody above imperfection,SIN and flaws.

Is Ayesha Curry a super/professional cook?
    I mean no hate but im sure that there is a nice and sexy married BLACK WOMAN THAT IS SPECIALIZED IN COOKING somewhere.

And that way of choosing is creating some Bad reactions among the viewers who see her just as somebody who has earned her spot because she is madame Curry. Some people who are too much into tv feel force fed.

She's been doing cooking ? on tv and online for a few years now....before Steph blew up into the Steph he's been the past 2 years...

His fame got her on in the Bay Area bruh.

She was a failed actress before Curry

Most of these hoes that's talking down need to watch her cook because these hoes don't even know how to make baked macaroni.

I'm talking about Steph Curry being the NBA superstar he is now. Of course it helped locally but the post was in response to the thought that this is something brand new...and you say she was a failed actress like she just met him after that when one reality part of the reason some people find them annoying is the high school sweethearts angle their relationship gets portrayed under
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Ayesha and I wish more of these no good cheating ass black men that don't want stay at home wives cause they wanna be the wife would be more like Stephan Curry but y'all not. Oh well that's life.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    So now women get shamed for NOT being ? ? Lol

I guess it's Shame for ALL women, bruh.

No one is safe...

CxcXE1lMTApNEwYRBhkLCg8XDA1NAAwOTBQTTgAMDRcGDRdMFhMPDAIHEExRU1JWTFJRTAQCDgZODAVOFwsRDA0GEE4ODBAXThMKEQIXBgdNBAoF.gif
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ita a fair assessment. If someone tells you or acts like there is only one way to behave and act to be worthy of respect then you would be offended too.

The problem is here is she isn't doing the judging. She is being pointed out as a standard and folks reject that standard. Ain't ? wrong with that. Yall complain if you think a ? should only dress and behave a certain way to be worthy of respect.

Yep

It’s intertwined with the politics of respectability

Her persona is being used as another opportunity for the basement dwellers to attack any woman who isn’t buttoned up, any woman who has an overtly sexy image, and any woman who doesn’t meet the measurement for “wifeability" or better yet respect gets the “we need more women like Ayesha”

Which is obviously problematic

And it is dangerous for the women who are being attacked for not “living up” to an ideal I'm sure they never declared any allegiance to in the first place

Now she is catching some of the blow back

Her initial tweets that started this whole thing about being covered up were a lil problematic as well, so she isn't exactly innocent. In a roundabout way she insinuated that women who dress a certain way are doing it for the wrong reasons, as if women don't have other reasons besides the male gaze to prefer a certain style of clothing

It's unfortunate, but she'll survive
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ita a fair assessment. If someone tells you or acts like there is only one way to behave and act to be worthy of respect then you would be offended too.

The problem is here is she isn't doing the judging. She is being pointed out as a standard and folks reject that standard. Ain't ? wrong with that. Yall complain if you think a ? should only dress and behave a certain way to be worthy of respect.

Yep

Her persona is being used as another opportunity for the basement dwellers to attack any woman who isn’t buttoned up, any woman who has an overtly sexy image, and any woman who doesn’t meet the measurement for “wifeability" or better yet respect gets the “we need more women like Ayesha”

And it is dangerous for the women who are being attacked for not “living up” to an ideal I'm sure they never declared any allegiance to in the first place

Her initial tweets that started this whole thing about being covered up were a lil problematic as well, so she isn't exactly innocent. In a roundabout way she insinuated that women who dress a certain way are doing it for the wrong reasons, as if women don't have other reasons besides the male gaze to prefer a certain style of clothing

honest question why do women wear things like thong bikinis... short shorts... and high cut skirts... for other than male attention.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let that family cook. Hopefully that what they got lasts a looong time....
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    My point is

These tv shows should be about GENERAL ACTIVITIES and not using such subject to highlight a person or/and to make the animator somebody above imperfection,SIN and flaws.

Is Ayesha Curry a super/professional cook?
    I mean no hate but im sure that there is a nice and sexy married BLACK WOMAN THAT IS SPECIALIZED IN COOKING somewhere.

And that way of choosing is creating some Bad reactions among the viewers who see her just as somebody who has earned her spot because she is madame Curry. Some people who are too much into tv feel force fed.

She's been doing cooking ? on tv and online for a few years now....before Steph blew up into the Steph he's been the past 2 years...

She found her own lane, and make her own bread
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    I love Ayesha and I wish more of these no good cheating ass black men that don't want stay at home wives cause they wanna be the wife would be more like Stephan Curry but y'all not. Oh well that's life.

Wha??
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Yep

thumb_45967.large.jpg

It's my money and I want now..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If her persona is used to attack women why are those same women attacking her marriage, profession and now her achievements as a woman?