april fools? cause i aint here biggs or see L
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    biggs the ? with the full video but ? greedy with the footage
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? was L doing with the camera, he should have been holding the mic.

this

L bodied Jay on the 7 minute freestyle and he can body X easily.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when I first signed up to the IC (on a previous username before the site was hacked and shut down), I was getting ethered and having duck tales images posted up because I claimed to have seen footage of this before.

People kept telling me that I was thinking of that backstage battle between DMX and Jay Z and I kept telling them that there is footage of Jay Z rapping that fast flow style on a pool table and people said I was full of ? .

Various forms of this clip have been floating around for awhile but I have never seen DMX's side of the battle...
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when I first signed up to the IC (on a previous username before the site was hacked and shut down), I was getting ethered and having duck tales images posted up because I claimed to have seen footage of this before.

People kept telling me that I was thinking of that backstage battle between DMX and Jay Z and I kept telling them that there is footage of Jay Z rapping that fast flow style on a pool table and people said I was full of ? .

Various forms of this clip have been floating around for awhile but I have never seen DMX's side of the battle...

You saw the footage in NY?
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited April 2016
    Options

You saw the footage in NY?

I'm not sure what you mean. I saw a clip of the video before in the OP...

As for footage of the full battle between DMX and Jay Z in the pool hall, that is like getting footage from that freestyle where the LOX dissed Aaliyah's choice of coats she wore...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I don't think Biggs/L recorded X's side I think Swizz or Someone said the opposite side didn't want the other krew recording their guy or some ? like that Afew years ago
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yo, I don't know what you cats don't understand...

This is the video I saw that the IC claimed never existed a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdsPpL-0dMs

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on man
    This isn't jay z, everyone knows that
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options
    Yo, who says you can't crate dig off of youtube...

Look what I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGNOm_niUMA&feature=youtu.be
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay z my dude but if he was spittin that fly playa ? X probably chewed him up Lol X was goin thru it
  • S2J
    Options

I remember that. And you are right. I, and everyone, thought u were talkin about Bckstage. This clip in the OP wasn't 'out there' like that 4 years ago
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lies.

Wasn't no Big L. I was there....it was Styles P.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Jay z my dude but if he was spittin that fly playa ? X probably chewed him up Lol X was goin thru it

Hell nah. It wasn't like battle rap now where you got 3-5 rounds of personal rehearsed rhymes and it's over. Battle rap back then was about how full your clip was. In other words, the first ? to run out of rhymes or mess up, loss.

I would guess X would stumble long before Jay. Not to mention, Jay was a pretty good freestyler (off the top) back when he was coming up, and was clearly more strategic than X.

X probably spit his hardest ? at the beginning, snatched the momentum, then Jay slowly gained it back round by round and went for the ? towards the ending rounds.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lies.

hbxxzm2eez7m.jpeg

• MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lies.

cut da ? . it was a legend behind the camera that day. an mc so dope that he could out spit jay, x, the entire lox, big L, pun, and notorious plus 2pac.

Bruse Wane.
  • S2J
    edited April 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Hell nah. It wasn't like battle rap now where you got 3-5 rounds of personal rehearsed rhymes and it's over. Battle rap back then was about how full your clip was. In other words, the first ? to run out of rhymes or mess up, loss.

I would guess X would stumble long before Jay. Not to mention, Jay was a pretty good freestyler (off the top) back when he was coming up, and was clearly more strategic than X.

X probably spit his hardest ? at the beginning, snatched the momentum, then Jay slowly gained it back round by round and went for the ? towards the ending rounds.

Yea, so no. Im well aware of how battle rap used to be.

Dmx was ill too. You described Jay like a Floyd fight. Sounds great, but Jays people the only ones to ever talk on it and they've said 'it was like a tie'

If your own people say it was a TIE. ....
  • Coup Da Villain
    Coup Da Villain Members Posts: 10
    Options
    Ya'll must've never seen Backstage..this is where it's taken from. this is NOT the footage of him and dmx battling. EDIT: I stand corrected. SaucE Money, from the video masterjay posted, just said that this was a clip from the legendary battle. Which means mufuckas is being a-holes holding it the footage up for ransom to the highest bidder LMAOOO.. Martin Shkreli should by that ? for a million LMAOO
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great interview.
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk if even jay was ? with x at that point in time tho, he was unstoppable