New York Valedictorian is Celebrating Her Acceptance to All 8 Ivy League Schools

Options
2»

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know how he did it but that little nigglet cheated
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I dont know how he did it but that little nigglet cheated

If I was a mod, I would ban you for this.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Shut yo ? ass up
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    I wonder why the white man didn't stop this African from going to school and excelling????

The blame racism for black failure theory is ? and culture matters

Zombie would you agree that Africans know less about their history than we do?

She is not a threat, So what would be the point of stopping her? She isn't speaking on how the education system is geared towards creating workers and not business owners, she went to school and did what they told her to do, she will make a great employee in their new lab

Knowing your history is irrelevant in how well you do in school. Unless you are taking a history class it's unimportant.

She may want to be a worker but depending on her field of study she may later on in life start a busines. The point is she is a child and can now make herself what ever she wants and her parents can take credit for providing her with a family and cultural structure that was conducive to success. African Americans have no excuse more of you can do the same.

True, but she said in her first quote she was American born, visited her fam and seen the lack of opportunities, my issue is she didn't ask WHY? , I believe the school system doesn't teach us How to think but What to think, but she didn't ask why? If she would of asked why her family didn't have the same opportunities, she will find out that in 1885 her native country was colonized by cacs, now her outlook has to be different because there is a story behind the reason why she had opportunities and her family didn't , so knowing her true history would inspire her to Not only impact Nigeria but change Nigeria , just my opinion
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So whats y'all black ass excuses?

Little india arie was valedictorian of her class
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, so we're just going to derail threads celebrating Black Excellence but seriously participate in these tmz gossip celebrity relationship threads and allow them to cook huh?

Anyway, this is beautiful and a testament to her work ethic and self-efficacy.

Shout out to her father and mother as well - like the vast majority of African immigrants that come here to the US, they highly value work ethic and achievement. African-American households would definitely benefit from emulating how Africans (and pretty much most black immigrants who come to the US for a better quality of life) foster positive environments conducive to intellectual acuity, educational attainment and success in general.
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, so we're just going to derail threads celebrating Black Excellence but seriously participate in these tmz gossip celebrity relationship threads and allow them to cook huh?

Anyway, this is beautiful and a testament to her work ethic and self-efficacy.

Shout out to her father and mother as well - like the vast majority of African immigrants that come here to the US, they highly value work ethic and achievement. African-American households would definitely benefit from emulating how Africans (and pretty much most black immigrants who come to the US for a better quality of life) foster positive environments conducive to intellectual acuity, educational attainment and success in general.

You're making a blanket statement about Afro Americans. While it's not all ib the media, Afro Americans put an emphasis
    on education also. To act like that isn't the case is a certain for of self hate with some intent to magnify the problem and give credit to someone else. I am a black man born and bred in the USA and education has been a serious topic since I was a little boy and I've passed that down my kids. This ain't a roast session, but I won't stand for self hate at the expense of the Black family in America. Do some research before you go trying to down your own people.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How I know y'all were going to turn this into some anti AA thing
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    She going to a HBCU

Naw just playing. Still Black Excellence

While u bullshittin....i remember there are black ic folk who feel ALL black people should go to HBCU's to "support the cause ", and they're just as good as any school . Those people will not show themselves here
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    She going to a HBCU

Naw just playing. Still Black Excellence

While u bullshittin....i remember there are black ic folk who feel ALL black people should go to HBCU's to "support the cause ", and they're just as good as any school . Those people will not show themselves here

Lol I remember that too
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say! What a quandary to be in.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got a couple IC folks who hates immigrants. big up this young lady. Naija Pride.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let the lil girl do her thing, new gen, new Outlook
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAIJA STAND UP!!!!