In the midst of the Future/Desiigner Fiasco...A look back at the Pastor Troy clones.

Options
P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
f0471af9bdfe470491f404c33896f430
Back in the late 90's/early 2000s when Southern Legend Pastor Troy stepped on the scene with 'No Mo Play in GA' among other songs for some reason labels thought it would be cool to put out clones of Troy. From 1999 to the early 2000s dudes was dropping songs sounding just like PT. One even dropped a song you still hear at high school and college football games to this day.
MIRACLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25IyqgacpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14PBgzocQ4E
51eZlpUqyRL.jpg

DRAMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9wA1KmwnzQ
41A0vVnogKL.jpg

ARCHIE EVERSOLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElFDlShmOng
82.jpg

Comments

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I remember all these ? , outside troy they all was wack.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    I worked at a job back in 03' and it was this dude from ATL who worked there, and all he used to talk about was some rapper named Baby D, and how Baby D was gone be the next big name outta atlanta, I ended up seeing Baby D doing some work with Bleu davinci and BMF but I couldn't really get with his ? like that.

I know baby d wasn't no clone just thought i'd bring him up since we was talkin atl rappers
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard of any of these dudes
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually bought Archie album
    Smh
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    I worked at a job back in 03' and it was this dude from ATL who worked there, and all he used to talk about was some rapper named Baby D, and how Baby D was gone be the next big name outta atlanta, I ended up seeing Baby D doing some work with Bleu davinci and BMF but I couldn't really get with his ? like that.

I know baby d wasn't no clone just thought i'd bring him up since we was talkin atl rappers

Baby D was the lil kid rapping on Too $hort Cocktails album back in the 90's too
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »

Baby D was out b4 all these cats really. He was Big Oomp's "flagship" artist. He got a couple of A-Town crunk classics under his belt tho....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2V5UmKhMiU

This song actually has all the aforementioned artist on it sans Miracle. Nobody really phucked w/ that dude like dat...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fO7wCx4_U8
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I fool with baby d or I did anyway, he still doing his thing in the low. I think he behind them cool amerika cats, but back in the day DJ unk seemingly came up n took his spot, he was bout drop a album n ended up in jail for some Street ? . He needs to link back up with montay

Ion even think bohagon still rap, He had a couple hard ass songs tho, I think he had a group with Playboy tre too
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    What ever happened to ghetto mafia
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread. I remember all them clone ass ? biting Troy. The Drama Left, Right, Left use to hit on a system though. My 15's was hitting hard as ? . lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening to trouble-questions , that ? basically said drama got turned out in jail lol smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Funniest ? about the Archie song is the line he drops about Pastor Troy lol
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baby D had a big buzz around 2000. I remember when he came to my high school to perform at our homecoming. I would've thought he would've been the next to blow up
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    moyo wrote: »
    Miracle was a blatant PT ripoff, and what made it even worse was that he was beefin wit Troy as well. That ? fell off jus as quick as he got on. But "Bounce" was tight @ the time tho.

Troy wanted to whip that nikka ass. PT basically made Bounce for him (production), but that ? went sour real quick b/c shortly after it picked up steam, Miracle started actin' like he did it by himself and he thought he was bigger than Troy.

I remember when I was @ Georgia Southern, during a homecoming show Miracle was one of the early performers and he end up cuttin' his show short when he found out Troy was about to pull up (Troy was the 2nd to last headliner). U could tell he had jus been informed b/c that nikka ended his show hella awkard. lol .... Troy came up on bout 45 minutes later and I still remember him saying "I heard it was a wanna be ass nikka that was in here actin' like he tuff. I heard that ? ass nikka dipped out quick than a muhphucka... I wonder why that is?? I think yall know why, b/c he a ol' weak ass ? !!" and

Then he proceeded to turn that ? OUT!!

They changed the verse on bounce too. The last version has ? Troy in it on miracles last verse