The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    It's easier to make a fight scene with Cap Black Panther and Ironman than Superman WW and Doomsday.

The power levels are too great

I still don't think the fight scenes in cw will top the quality of the fight scenes in b's. It will just be more action.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If CW has anything as good as Superman's sacrifice then I'm good. I think it will bring it in that regard from Cap's standpoint. It does leave an ample opportunity for Red Skull to show back up and usher in the death of Cap in these movies. But even if they don't go that far I do think the implications and consequences by the end will hit hard just the same.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's easier to make a fight scene with Cap Black Panther and Ironman than Superman WW and Doomsday.

The power levels are too great

I still don't think the fight scenes in cw will top the quality of the fight scenes in b's. It will just be more action.

I think you're talking about style more than quality though. The BvS fights may be more over the top and seem more fitting of a superhero movie, but that's not the same as saying they are higher quality. Most of the reviews are saying the airport is the best action sequence in a superhero movie.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is if somone catches me like they caught my boy with the star wars spoilers in a random comment section I'm gonna find them and ? them
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The problem with the BVS fights was it was incoherent visual mess of a fight, just a bunch of red and a bunch of explosions. You couldn't see anything for a fight that had a lot happening.

However look how the Hulk Vs Hulk Buster Ironman fight looked in comparison, Look at Thors Fights, the Avenger fights.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with the BVS fights was it was incoherent visual mess of a fight, just a bunch of red and a bunch of explosions. You couldn't see anything for a fight that had a lot happening.

However look how the Hulk Vs Hulk Buster Ironman fight looked in comparison, Look at Thors Fights, the Avenger fights.

Them fights was ok

And superman WW and Doomsday would literally rip apart Hulk Buster.

And Thor fights be let down because they dumb down his physical power in the movies.
  • CottonCitySlim
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just like hulk could but he doesn't because its a movie, like Superman not killing batman with a flick of the wrist.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Just like hulk could but he doesn't because its a movie, like Superman not killing batman with a flick of the wrist.

Superman don't ? regardless.

I'm a marvel fan But

making a fight scene with a Superman is hard as ? because of all the speed and power he has. They have try to show it as much as they can because if they don't it makes him look weak as ? . So the fast moving fight scenes in BvS was like that.

You seen the dramatic difference between batman in the warehouse. It was better because it can be contain in one place and minimal damage to whatever their around. And that's something that can be capture with Sup or WW. Destruction will happen every where they fight. It's the nature of their power especially against DD
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    One of my fav scenes in Winter Soldier was the elevator fight. ? was smooth because of the short quarters of the fight and 6 normal men holding Cap up for a bit

No ? can happen like that with superman, hulk, Thor or WW. Most of them characters fight scenes are ok.

But Batman, Cap, Deadpool or wolverine fights scenes be so much better because of the hand to hand combat they can do because none of their power levels is going to punch a ? 100 yards from each other. The fight is always engaged and looks so much better
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm a marvel fan But

making a fight scene with a Superman is hard as ? because of all the speed and power he has. They have try to show it as much as they can because if they don't it makes him look weak as ? . So the fast moving fight scenes in BvS was like that.

You seen the dramatic difference between batman in the warehouse. It was better because it can be contain in one place and minimal damage to whatever their around. And that's something that can be capture with Sup or WW. Destruction will happen every where they fight. It's the nature of their power especially against DD

It's not that hard. It just takes vision. The MoS fights were good.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Thsts how it was in the comics

Batman was never trained by Ra's Al Ghul.

True but one of Batman's ma ny martial arts teachers was a member of the league of shadows called the sensei
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm a marvel fan But

They moved too fast in mos. For example that scene when supes fought the kryptonians in smallville. It was alright though and damn at that nasty uppercut zod gave Superman. That ? was like one of those old school mortal combat uppercuts to the tenth power.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

doctor_strange_and_baron_mordo___transparent__by_camo_flauge-d9xmfhv.png

I'm not reeeeeaddddy.

HT4yW6C.gif

Not to be an ? fanboy boy, he should the blue cloak first, then get the Cloak of Levitation. If I'm not mistaken Doc Strange doesn't get the Eye of Agamotto from jump either. There's levels to this mystic arts ? .
    "Broddie wrote: »
    Hell no. Keep white characters white and just use black characters that are underused for a change.

She'd be perfect for Monica Rambeau (the Captain Marvel in Marvel Comics that I grew up with) for example, like really perfect.

Which again proves my point about these hyprocritical muthafuckas. Comic creators which years ahead of the game when it come to diversity, so it there's no need to change the race, (or sex for that matter,) of a character,) when as Broddie has already stated, just use a character that was already black.

Monica Rambeau was previously Captain Marvel, so they should have been setting her up for the Captain Marvel film and possibly be team leader of the Avengers like she was in the comics.

"Broddie wrote: »
    That would also be a good look for Marvel Studios and differentiate it enough from say Wonder Woman by having the first urban black female superhero headlining any of these movies. If she's playing a Thor character it would be a real waste.

But we all known at the end of the day that all of this talk about "diversity," is just "Hollywood Talk," and the studios will never, ever actually do anything that shows real diversity.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrfggghhhhhh
  • Broddie
    Options
    Thsts how it was in the comics

Batman was never trained by Ra's Al Ghul.

True but one of Batman's ma ny martial arts teachers was a member of the league of shadows called the sensei

Yeah. He's Ra's father btw.
  • Broddie
    Options
    If CW has anything as good as Superman's sacrifice then I'm good. I think it will bring it in that regard from Cap's standpoint. It does leave an ample opportunity for Red Skull to show back up and usher in the death of Cap in these movies. But even if they don't go that far I do think the implications and consequences by the end will hit hard just the same.

Wow this post really went over some people's heads. I guess I have to type more "slowly" to be clear around here.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sacrifice is a major part of Supes and Caps popularity. The first avenger brought out a lot of elements of who he was especially when he dived on to the grenade. I hope they bring that back in CW too but keep the action on par with WS.

Imo, "storywise" first avenger was better but action and ? wise WS took it. I did like the ending where he told Bucky he would die with him and Bucky saved him.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Great fight scene. Only can happen with low level strength heros/villains.

Oh yea. Flag for posting it.
  • Broddie
    Options

Sacrifice is a major part of Supes and Caps popularity. The first avenger brought out a lot of elements of who he was especially when he dived on to the grenade. I hope they bring that back in CW too but keep the action on par with WS.

Imo, "storywise" first avenger was better but action and ? wise WS took it. I did like the ending where he told Bucky he would die with him and Bucky saved him.

Still haven't seen Winter Soldier but one of the best things of the aftermath of the Civil War story in the comics was how naturally it segued into the Death of Captain America.

It was a very organic progression and sold the concept very thoroughly and plausibly even though you knew he'd be back. I just want something with as much gravitas and pathos to emerge from the aftermath of the events of this movie.

Not necessarily the death of cap even if again it's the best way to bring back his arch nemesis (Red Skull) into the mix. But clearly something that will have direct consequences within the scope of the MCU. Like Stark having PTSD after The Avengers. I'm sure they thought of something and whatever it is I look forward to seeing it.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still haven't seen Winter Soldier but one of the best things of the aftermath of the Civil War story in the comics was how naturally it segued into the Death of Captain America.

It was a very organic progression and sold the concept very thoroughly and plausibly even though you knew he'd be back. I just want something with as much gravitas and pathos to emerge from the aftermath of the events of this movie.

Not necessarily the death of cap even if again it's the best way to bring back his arch nemesis (Red Skull) into the mix. But clearly something that will have direct consequences within the scope of the MCU. Like Stark having PTSD after The Avengers. I'm sure they thought of something and whatever it is I look forward to seeing it.

Im3 touched on his ptsd but I wish they had tried to peer more into how it really affected him in a less comedic way. Give WS a chance man that's a great movie and the actors do their thing in it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign winter soldier. Easily one of the best marvel movies. Like top 3 for sure.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My instincts told me to avoid phase 2. Retrospect tells me I was right since I only ever see universal praise for only 2 of those movies (GotG and WS) which are ? odds but I'll finally peep Winter Soldier the week when I go see Civil War.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Co sign winter soldier. Easily one of the best marvel movies. Like top 3 for sure.

It's the best one.

They been a lot of misses with marvel. Especially my ? Ironman