Options
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the south loses again
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ yall acting like this is normal behavior for mothers. I feel really sorry for the way you grew up if you think that a mentally stable person behaves this way. No wonder some of you ? have issues. if you think a sane person would do this type of ? your mothers must have been horrible.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really think some of you nigs just like to nig just for the sake of nigging

i think ya'll really underestimate the effects of mental illness

i know we all like to joke from time to time, but ya'll are judging a person based on what you (who is probably a lot better off mentally) would do in that situation

If you've ever done any kinda counseling or outreach to folks in distress or from impoverished areas, you'll see quickly that they dont think as rational as you would like them to
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sociopathic behavior.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MissK wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but yes there should be sterilization for some people
    Eh.

Depends, if it's voluntary or forced.
    If whomever's the guardian of said individual requests it and consults with physicians about it, I'm for it since it was a choice made voluntarily.

However, compulsory sterilization (that's not sanctioned due to an unequivocal medical emergency) is something that is problematic and leads down a slippery slope.

Especially with the US government's well-documented, sinister history of forced-sterilization and eugenics rooted in racism.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That woman might be mentally ill but my sympathies lie with those innocent kids she keeps producing.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Alotta

giphy.gif

How?

Cuz she's clearly not mentally ill. She's just an idiot with no morals or empathy. I know it firsthand. Not going into detail about why I do.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is mental illness? Are we judging it from things that you think are wrong?

If so is Cosby mentally ill? Are gangbangers mentally ill or do they just not give a ? like said woman in the story?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Cosby is innocent.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh.

If whomever's the guardian of said individual requests it and consults with physicians about it, I'm for it since it was a choice made voluntarily.

However, compulsory sterilization (that's not sanctioned due to an unequivocal medical emergency) is something that is problematic and leads down a slippery slope.

Especially with the US government's well-documented, sinister history of forced-sterilization and eugenics rooted in racism.

This topic has been heavily debated in classes for me. On one hand yes I understand the slippery slopes with rights and all of that but what of the children being born into these situations and worse?

I am not saying strap them down and force it but really some of this is ridiculous. I mean you have people who want to have children so badly but our regulations make it costly and very hard to get through the red tape. I happened to be talking about that with another female (white woman) and she is unable to have kids. IVF runs well into the thousands and she said the adoption process is rigorous. If not sterilization something needs to be done effectively to those like the story in the OP.

I believe some voluntary programs have been done with drug addicts. But again ethical issues arise.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh.

MAAFA 21 did a great job covering that topic
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If so is Cosby mentally ill? Are gangbangers mentally ill or do they just not give a ? like said woman in the story?

If the allegations against Bill Cosby are true, then yes, something is mentally wrong with him.

• The Iconoclast
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No doubt. I understand where you're coming from @MissK . It's essentially just a matter of how much one actually trusts the government to not abuse invasive paternalistic legislation.
    Kat wrote: »

If the allegations against Bill Cosby are true, then yes, something is mentally wrong with him.

crime=/=mental illness

Just because one commits a crime or an act deemed incongruent with the norms of any given society doesn't necessarily mean they're mentally ill.

That dangerous line of thinking is how white serial killers get off/avoid harsher sentencing for committing crimes and/or acts of terroristic racism. Especially when you compare their sentences to black murderers (and even black non-murderers).
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    nobody here will believe me but Feminism is to blame for this ?

@desertrain10
  • Westie
    Options
    Alotta

giphy.gif

How?

Cuz she's clearly not mentally ill. She's just an idiot with no morals or empathy. I know it firsthand. Not going into detail about why I do.

Did your mother used to punch you in the head and say she was going to chop you up and eat you? What qualifies as mentally ill to you? Of course, no one here can clinically diagnose this woman, but she is showing signs of mental illness. A person who lacks empathy completely is called a sociopath. That is a clinical diagnosis.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ yall acting like this is normal behavior for mothers. I feel really sorry for the way you grew up if you think that a mentally stable person behaves this way. No wonder some of you ? have issues. if you think a sane person would do this type of ? your mothers must have been horrible.

Who said this was normal?

And what's this ? about staying away from you?

I do want you to stay away from me, however. So that part we are cool with.

Also, what is the excuse? Who is excusing her behavior? What she did was deplorable.

Let me tell you something I'll drive yo your house and whip all seven of yo kids
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we judging mental illness on individual morals?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No doubt. I understand where you're coming from @MissK . It's essentially just a matter of how much one actually trusts the government to not abuse invasive paternalistic legislation.

crime=/=mental illness

Just because one commits a crime or an act deemed incongruent with the norms of any given society doesn't necessarily mean they're mentally ill.

That dangerous line of thinking is how white serial killers get off/avoid harsher sentencing for committing crimes and/or acts of terroristic racism. Especially when you compare their sentences to black murderers (and even black non-murderers).

The fact that they get lesser sentences doesn't change the fact that they are mentally ill. That issue lies in our racist justice system.

It is not normal to commit heinous crimes. There is something wrong in their head, black, white, whatever.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at the women here trying to use the insanity defense but i am not surprised women hate taking full responsibility for their actions and current society only encourages women not to.

just because someone is cruel and irresponsible it does not follow that they are crazy. MANY MANY MANY SANE people have done horrible things
  • Westie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    lol at the women here trying to use the insanity defense but i am not surprised women hate taking full responsibility for their actions and current society only encourages women not to.

just because someone is cruel and irresponsible it does not follow that they are crazy. MANY MANY MANY SANE people have done horrible things

So is mental illness a falsehood?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad y'all got jokes..this woman clearly has emotional and mental issues. Y'all have no idea what her history and upbringing entails..this ? is sad, but we all quick to judge.

Basic algebra.

If A x 2=4 and B x 2=4....then A x 2=B x 2......and 4=4.

As a result, A x 2/2 = B x 2/2

2/2=1

A x 1=B x 1

and A=B

Therefore, if @Kat logic=Bird logic..........then Kat x logic=Bird x logic

Kat x logic/logic = Bird x logic/logic

logic/logic=1

Kat x 1=Bird x 1

and Kat=Bird

Therefore, the principles of basic algebra have proven that Kat is a Bird.

clipart-plain-face-512x512-bcd4.png
  • The Iconoclast
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Apparently.

According to some here, normality is synonymous with mental stability. Lol just read the last poster who responded to me or Westie's premature armchair psychoanalysis.

As if there are no deplorable, mentally sane human beings that should accept responsibility for their actions on this planet.
  • Westie
    Options

Absolutely not. Her behavior is indicative of someone who is mentally ill.

"A mental illness is a condition that impacts a person's thinking, feeling or mood and may affect his or her ability to relate to others and function on a daily basis."

Do you think her behavior is one of a clear thinking person? To put having sex above her child's well being? To continue to get pregnant 6 times and leave them alone, threaten them, physically harm them? We're saying she lacks empathy correct? There's a problem. Does it excuse what she did? No.
  • Westie
    Options

Who said this was normal?

And what's this ? about staying away from you?

I do want you to stay away from me, however. So that part we are cool with.

Also, what is the excuse? Who is excusing her behavior? What she did was deplorable.

Let me tell you something I'll drive yo your house and whip all seven of yo kids

I left the other 4 at walmart, you're gonna have to find them.

And you can try if you wanna get shot.