Celtics trying to get Nate Robinson?

Options
Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Celtics have made an offer to the Knicks in an attempt to acquire Nate Robinson.

Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni benched Robinson for the entire month of December, causing Aaron Goodwin, Robinson's agent, to publicly demand that his client be dealt from New York.

Robinson would have to give his consent before any trade could be completed

Nate Robinson has been fined $25,000 for a public trade request made by his agent Aaron Goodwin on Dec. 19. The league released a brief note calling Goodwin's actions "public statements detrimental to the NBA."

It's no secret that Robinson has ceased enjoying his time in New York. His diminishing role this season has become officially nonexistent, as Mike D'Antoni has let Robinson collect DNP-CD's the way he used to collect Slam Dunk Contest titles. Often. (Robinson hasn't appeared in a game since Dec. 1, sitting for 12 straight games.)

Recently, Robinson's agent Aaron Goodwin said he would prefer the Knicks cut his client loose if they were not going to utilize his talents. It's understandable, given Robinson's financial stake in this season as a free agent to be.

The league, however, was not as understanding. Robinson became the second player fined this season for requesting a trade. Stephen Jackson was docked an equal amount in September for requesting a trade from the Warriors. He has since been moved to the Bobcats.

If Jackson's situation is indeed a blueprint, the comments could still help earn Robinson his freedom. And with the Knicks winning without him, a trade could be in the best interest of both parties.

Comments

• Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In any deal they offer I hope they're giving up Eddie House.

Nate & House don't need to be in the same back court together.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Truthfully it kinda ? me off that the Celtics usually get first dibs on every good player in the league.

If he goes to the Celtic will he still be coming off the bench?

IMO he needs a starting role
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »
    Truthfully it kinda ? me off that the Celtics usually get first dibs on every good player in the league.

If he goes to the Celtic will he still be coming off the bench?

IMO he needs a starting role

Son... what?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nate definitly dont need to be a starter, at least not for a team that wants to win a ring...

only way the Knicks trade Nate is if they can add eddy curry or Jared Jeffries to the deal
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't see the point of getting Nate the Celtics are aight as they are, hes just gonna get low minutes and come off the bench anyway.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If the Celtics don't trade us any expiring contracts or Kevin Garnett they can go ? themselves.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Son... what?

Lol I literally laughed at this. I feel like I could see my ? 's head turn to the side on some "are you serious" ? .
  • biggar
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Son... what?

You start him in the 1st and 3rd quarter for the up tempo game, then have a defensive guard for the 2nd and 4th quarters.

What you think he's overratted or not consistent?
  • tcm
    tcm Members Posts: 210
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You start him in the 1st and 3rd quarter for the up tempo game, then have a defensive guard for the 2nd and 4th quarters.

I think Rondo is better than him.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nate>Rondo if the celtics get nate that ? will be crazy
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited January 2010
    Options

I'm a Knicks fan,but that ? is so false
  • allied
    edited January 2010
    Options

Negative, I've watched Nate play his whole career and Rondo has already passed him as a leader and a clutch player. Nate is an 6th man on a great team, that's it. And when this summer comes GOOD RIDDANCE NATE!
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    I'm a Knicks fan,but that ? is so false

Nate is a more exciting player rondo is boring as ?
  • allied
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nate is a more exciting player rondo is boring as ?

I'd rather have a boring player who proved he can contribute to chamionship than an exciting player who doen't play defense or have a high basketball IQ...
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited January 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I'd rather have a boring player who proved he can contribute to chamionship than an exciting player who doen't play defense or have a high basketball IQ...

C/S, all Nate does is score and he aint that consistent

Rondo can score, pass, and rebound, and he can play defense
  • biggar
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having 2 different types of guards.

Rondo is better defensively, but I think Nate has more scoring abilities.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

very..r u actually implyin that he should start over rondo or ray ray...
  • biggar
    edited January 2010
    Options
    very..r u actually implyin that he should start over rondo or ray ray...

I think the most offensive player at the position should start the game, and the defensive player should finish it.

When's the last time Rondo put up 40?
  • allied
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think the most offensive player at the position should start the game, and the defensive player should finish it.

When is the first time Nate had a triple double? Your not giving Rondo the respect he deserves...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

ion know, but i do know he is great at runnin dat team, nate hasnt even proven he can be a great 6th man, let alone be a solid starting pg....starting nate would just be exactly like having eddie house in the starting line up...
  • biggar
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When is the first time Nate had a triple double? Your not giving Rondo the respect he deserves...

I respect Rondo to the fullest.

And thats a good point you made on the triple double stat.

I'm just saying having an offensive PG to start the game is a good strategy and Nate Robinson wouldn't bring down the Celtics.

I think it would be a good pick up even though Im a Raptors fan and the Celtics deal with us everytime. haha
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2010
    Options

Who says nate cant contribute to a championship? I would rather have nate than rondo, rondo is ok but he doesn't do nothing amazing to me
  • NattyDreads
    NattyDreads Members Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Celtics could really use Nate to come off the bench but def not start. The Celts bench is weak as ? Nate would immediately pick it up. The Knicks def are not gonna trade him to Boston tho unless they took Curry
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nate is not a starter in the league he is one of those instant offense off the bench guys that come come in and drop 30 in a game off the bench. Like Jamal Crawford, J.R. Smith. He would be a good pick up for the Celtics.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

ya aint this the same dude simping linda cohn?