KINGDOM COME: why yall hate it?

Options
lethal5
lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
I press play & dont feel like hitting skip til I hear Beyonce start singing.....and thats not til 10 songs into a 14 song album.....thats alot of good songs in a row.

Why yall consider this album wack?

Comments

• lethal5
    Options
    I never got the hate for it. I thought it was a solid album that stuck to an overlying theme and feel. I still bang more than a few of the album cuts(pause)
    My point exactly, i was listening to it again the other day and couldnt figure out why so much people hate it....especially on this site
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that
    Why the hate for Hollywood?
    Am I the only ? that liked that song?

I like it too
  • lethal5
    Options
    ? that

Lyrically its good, i think the beat makes it sound like a a Beyonce song.

• lethal5
    Options
    And the title song: kingdom come, i hear alot of people dis it......this i really dont understand.The comic book references were dope, when u understand the story of why he even called the album kingdom come makes it even more dope and Just Blaze flipped the ? outta that beat.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My least favorite Jay album. It didn't catch my ear production wise. Aside from Prelude, Lost Ones, and Beach Chair i don't care for the album.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awful album. Tried but couldn't like it
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Other than the tracks @usmarin3 stated, it's boring lyrically imo......Its has some ok tracks as well......its just boring
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beach chair, kingdom come and maybe lost one only songs I remember liking on this album...Jay just seemed washed up on this album...album wise jay been really struggling since "the black album" think about it all the ? besides AG
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was a very good album, anything and Hollywood back to back is the low point of the album but I thought Hollywood had potential to be a single, so it's basically on there ? up the album the album for no reason, still I think the biggest reason for criticism is his fans don't want to hear him talking about 30's the new 20 and mamma I made it, they want that hustlin/braggadocious Jay but he was on some grown man ? for this album with some of that old school Jay mixed in (trouble, dig a hole)
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first half of that album is good , when it gets to Hollywood and that song with usher when it starts falling off a cliff.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It had its moments but it was slightly below average. That intro was dope, Kingdom Come, Lost Ones, Show Me What You Got, etc were dope.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always like this album , only song I dont like are show me what you got, hollywood,30 something and anything is one of the worst jayz songs ever. everything else is cool. with that being said, I can see why people dont like the album, it wasnt really the jayz people were used to at the time
  • lethal5
    Options
    I always like this album , only song I dont like are show me what you got, hollywood,30 something and anything is one of the worst jayz songs ever. everything else is cool. with that being said, I can see why people dont like the album, it wasnt really the jayz people were used to at the time

I think show me what u got was a good song.

Just Blaze has the knack to take a sample you probably already heard used, but it just comes out your speakers with more clarity and more sonic impact when Just flips it....but i supose u can give that credit to the engineer
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just think people expected more out of Jay's "comeback album" ... Lyrically, it felt lazy and uninspired. I didn't think it was horrible, just wasn't up to his standards.
  • lethal5
    edited April 2016
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    My least favorite Jay album. It didn't catch my ear production wise. Aside from Prelude, Lost Ones, and Beach Chair i don't care for the album.
    Really?, I still pop KC in from time to time while i dont think I've touched MCHG since the month it came out.
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that

That song is bad bruh.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better than blueprint 3
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with these tracks

Prelude
    Oh My ?
    Kingdom Come
    SMWYG
    Lost One
    30 Something
    Trouble
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never hated this album because, atleast we were getting a real jayz album after the ? said he retired.

I dont ? with vol 3 or 2. or blueprint 2. i get 9 songs from those 3 albums and thats unacceptable.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album was dope to me

? in they 40's cant be rapping about hoes and drugs and pimpin for ever
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn am i one of the only ? in the world that really ? with that 'Anything' track