The official 2016 NFL off season thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows how this will turn out..wonder if teams hold off until after draft to sign him...dude might get that one year rental from a contender like NE did w Revis..or end w a ? team n a really good deal
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not settling for a 1 year rental. He could have did that in Carolina for much more with try franchise tag.

He's looking to cash in. He don't care about being on a contender and he shouldn't be. This is big pay day and he wants it.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I wonder if the Giants knew Norman was gonna hit the open market would they've signed him instead of Janoris Jenkins. Giants practices would've been must watch tv if Josh went there.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He also turns 29 this season.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gutsy move by Carolina.....i'm impressed! but I aint mad at Josh, get yo $$$$
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I wonder if the Giants knew Norman was gonna hit the open market would they've signed him instead of Janoris Jenkins. Giants practices would've been must watch tv if Josh went there.

He wants straight cash homie we wouldn't most likely we need to restock our linemen on both sides and make sure ODB has some help this year.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't Luke contract coming up?

He ain't worth more than him.
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    We cant pay our 3rd or maybe 4th best defensive player that much
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    NCswag wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He would be great in Seattle.

He would be good in Arizona due to the fact that PP and T. Matheiu is there even though they play man damn near all game.

They don't have the cap space. He'll go somewhere like Jacksonville and get paid but be on an ass team.

Watch your stupid ass mouth

We bout to turn up in the Ville

Best WR duo in the league

Added pieces to defense in free agency...getting Fowler back...more defense in the draft

Add Norman...book our ticket

Anyways Get your money my G...these teams don't give a ? about you and you never going see whatever the total amount is anyway

Your qb garbage though. Like having a bad ? but both of yall homeless. Convince me your qb ain't ass sauce. Go ahead. I'll wait.

35 TDs last year and my boy only 23

Man gon somewhere

Lol SO WHAT????!!!! The boy butt cheeks. I saw your boy play. He's a below average qb and deep down you know it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see him going to the Niners or Bears

Yeah he would fit the bears scheme
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/NR9wpOjzp2U
    Man he went off lol

SMH at this ? getting emotional and crying towards the end

Dude need to be on suicide watch lol...? said "? this ? " then proceeded to grab rope n a stool

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha....told you guys Norman is not top 5 or barely top 10 cb in the league. He had one good year in the NFL at 28 years old...4 INTs is not a lot. He is a overrated talker.....his own team took back the franchise tag, that says a lot.....it means they think he is overrated/expendable.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't be surprised if Tannebaum goes after him. We need a corner to replace Grimes. Then probably go linebacker in the 1st round.

the great Byron Maxwell trade is suppose to be Grimes replacement

HA
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Won't be surprised if Tannebaum goes after him. We need a corner to replace Grimes. Then probably go linebacker in the 1st round.

the great Byron Maxwell trade is suppose to be Grimes replacement

HA

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Howie Roseman CAN NOT be serious with this ? .
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options

He would be good in Arizona due to the fact that PP and T. Matheiu is there even though they play man damn near all game.

They don't have the cap space. He'll go somewhere like Jacksonville and get paid but be on an ass team.

I was thinking Josh Norman will end up in Miami,
    they over pay the hell out they players..

Side note:
    I think Norman wanted to leave the panthers ever since Killa Cam ? him up last season in practice..

I wouldn't mind him coming to the Steelers,
    but I know we can't afford him..
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    This might be tempting for Jerry Jones, but we can't afford to pay him 16mill a year. Him and Jalen Ramsey would've been beasts in our secondary tho.

Y'all run a lot of man thought right?

Yea we mostly run press man with a variation of Tampa-2 since Monte Kiffin and Rod Merinelli is coaching the defense.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

Side note:
    I think Norman wanted to leave the panthers ever since Killa Cam ? him up last season in practice..

Nah, ppl fight in training camp often. That wasn't it. Like Grimes, he's a zone coverage cb that wants too much $$$$. Somebody will overpay him because he's talented. It won't be 16 though.

• tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Side note:

Nah, ppl fight in training camp often. That wasn't it. Like Grimes, he's a zone coverage cb that wants too much $$$$. Somebody will overpay him because he's talented. It won't be 16 though.

My gut says he goes to Jacksonville, Oakland, or Chip Kelly's 49ers and get OVERpaid like 17-18 mill
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tupacfan12 wrote: »

Side note:

My gut says he goes to Jacksonville, Oakland, or Chip Kelly's 49ers and get OVERpaid like 17-18 mill

He won't get more than 13 or 14.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's there d lineman they have to pay. Short and Star. But they have plenty of cap room. This was really about tier GM being in a position to flex his muscles and set the standards.

And numbaz he's bout to become the highest paid CB in the league. Not sure what the number is but he's about to get it
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carolina probably gonna take Eli Apple
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? and your recycled espn opinions..what did I say about Norman ha
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

It's there d lineman they have to pay. Short and Star. But they have plenty of cap room. This was really about tier GM being in a position to flex his muscles and set the standards.

And numbaz he's bout to become the highest paid CB in the league. Not sure what the number is but he's about to get it

Luke already got his contract, and Short more than likely will get his this offseason. Star might get one depending on how the draft turns out. The GM really likes the group of DT's in this draft.

Even with Norman leaving, I still doubt panthers go CB early in the draft, and I know they won't grab one 1st round. A lot of importance isn't placed on the secondary. The line and LBs is where the money and resources are placed.