The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Vince Russo on Vince McMahon failing with Roman Reigns

“It’s Vince. In Vince’s mind, it’s Bruno. It’s Backlund. Look at his history. He’s done it over and over and over again . . . Kevin Nash was this killer who beat Bob Backlund in like 8 seconds in Madison Square Garden. I was the editor at the WWF Magazine at the time. Diesel wins the belt. The next thing I know, Vince wants a picture of him on the cover of the WWF Magazine smiling like a Cheshire cat. And I remember arguing with Vince at the time, saying ‘What are you doing? This is not the character.’ And Vince wanted the white bread babyface. From there, it was Shawn Michaels’ turn. I remember Vince had me write every single promo for Shawn when they did the house show promos. Vince wanted every single promo being that white bread babyface promo. And I sat there with Shawn for hours. And it was so difficult and hard for Shawn to do, because he wasn’t that guy. After that it was the Rock. I’ll never forget. I was sitting in the office—me, The Rock and Vince— the day after The Rock won the title with that corporate swerve. And Vince is sitting there wanting him to go out and cut this white bread, babyface promo. And Rock kept looking at me like, ‘Is this guy serious?’ . . . Here we are with Roman Reigns 25, 30 years later. He’s doing the exact same thing, because Vince, at 70 years old, really believes that the 1970s philosophy is going to work today. . . It’s all he knows. He’s repeating it over and over again. And there’s nobody there with the ? to say, ‘Vince, this does not work in 2016.'”

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/702079-vince-russo-on-roman-reigns-failed-wwe-push-its-all-vince-mcmahon-knows-talks-breakout-nxt-stars-hall-of-fame-and-more#p73TIjyUcr3zA8VL.99

I 100% agree. Roman could be so much better if he wasn't scripted and also he needs a powerset move and a submission move cause the spear gets stale sometimes.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I wonder what they'll have him do once he returns?

Poor Kallisto

You mean poor ryback he already took that US strap off Kalisto
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I wonder what they'll have him do once he returns?

Poor Kallisto

You mean poor ryback he already took that US strap off Kalisto

When?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke with Notts TV News about parallels he sees between the way WWE is currently booking Roman Reigns and the way they booked Lex Luger in the early 1990s and more. Below are some of the highlights from the interview.

On parallels regarding the way WWE booked Lex Luger and the way they are currently booking Roman Reigns:

"There is a parallel. They tried, I think, to keep CM Punk down and they tried to make him seem [like] he wasn't big enough or wasn't what they wanted to be the star of the show and the company and gave all the main event spots to all the musclebound guys, Batista and all these other guys, years ago and he quit. Luckily for them, they had Daniel Bryan come right up to fill that void because they're both wrestlers. They're both wrestling wrestlers that do wrestling really well. I mean, I tip my hat to both those guys for being phenomenal wrestlers. And Daniel Bryan got hurt and they've tried to kind of prop up Roman Reigns."

On his belief that Roman Reigns has potential but has been handled wrong by WWE:

"I think Roman Reigns is actually a hard working, decent wrestler and he [has] got potential. Whether he [has] got the potential to carry the company, I don't know. It doesn't seem like the fans are into that too much, but I think a lot of it is bad booking, just really lousy booking, like, when I look at WrestleMania and look at how they built him in the Royal Rumble, they booed him all the way in it for the short time he was in there. And then they had him get hurt by The Authority where 10 guys beat him on the floor, which was so contrived. And then he went back to the dressing room and then he came out at the very end. He still didn't win. He got dumped out by Triple H, but it was like just too manufactured and too set up [for] people to digest it. And they kind of left it back up and it kind of ruined the making of him again as it led into WrestleMania. I thought it was just bad booking, bad story booking. What they should have done was have him out there early in the Rumble and have him earn it all the way through and have him fight till the end. Have him tip one guy out after another, especially when they wasted so many guys like The Big Show and Mark Henry, dumped them out like they were 100-pounders. If the Royal Rumble was legitimate, the last two guys in it would be The Big Show and Mark Henry, but they dumped them out like they were 100-pounders. It doesn't make any sense to me."
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disagree with what he thinks should of happened at the Rumble, that wouldn't have helped Reigns get over AT ALL, it would of ruined what was a great rumble
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rumble was horrible either way. They should've fleshed out his character more as an anti hero and wrote better storylines for him till the fans started reciprocating it like they did with Orton.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roman should have been the one to join HHH from the onset. He could have been the new gen rep for evolution.

The stories would have written themselves...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rumble was horrible either way. They should've fleshed out his character more as an anti hero and wrote better storylines for him till the fans started reciprocating it like they did with Orton.

That rumble was not horrible unless you're talking about the one he won
  • BlueIceBranson
    BlueIceBranson Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If only that match actually existed...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Young ? think they invented everything guess they don't go back and watch old matc.... Wait did that match even happen
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What match is Jericho talking about?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The match hhh tore his quad, Jericho put the walls on him after he tore it
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Don't know what you're talking about. Don't recall such a match
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »

Don't know what you're talking about. Don't recall such a match

Are u sure? I think Jericho even had a tag partner, Stevie Richards right?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ? ...
    4d0ma5jp63q4.jpeg

He's such a troll.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? confused thinkin hhh tore his quad when jericho won the title off him at raw, that was the "match that never happend"
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ...
    4d0ma5jp63q4.jpeg

Quoted for trollage.

In regards to the quad tear. It's a match that took place on the 5/21/2001 edition of RAW. HHH/Austin vs Jericho and the guy that WWE never will achknowledge exists. (*whispers* Benoit*)
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ...
    4d0ma5jp63q4.jpeg

Quoted for trollage.

In regards to the quad tear. It's a match that took place on the 5/21/2001 edition of RAW. HHH/Austin vs Jericho and the guy that WWE never will achknowledge exists. (*whispers* Benoit*)

Oh i forgot benoit was in that match
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    At tonight’s WWE SmackDown tapings, Rusev and Alberto Del Rio walked out on Sheamus in their match against Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Kalisto. It came off as the official break up for the group.

WWE has had plans to split the group up for several weeks now. Del Rio even mentioned it during a recent interview that the faction would be coming to an end.