**Spinoff** Things you thought you'd NEVER live to see in Hip-Hop or music in general.....

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    In the mainstream you have to have melodies in your music if you want a hit in today's climate.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    A Southern takeover.....

Lyrics becoming almost obsolete in the mainstream....

A president openly stating they ? with Hip-Hop (granted, he black, but still...)

Rock actually near death.....

And having great hip hop taste, not just naming random popular names to seem hip. If you've been paying attention Obama on separate occasions has named Jay Z, Nas, Kendrick, Talib Kweli and Mos Def. he chose cuts off Black on Both Sides and Train of Thought for a Spotify playlist last year and said Kendrick How Much a Dollar Cost was his favorite song off TPAB. The thought of those albums playing in the White House is crazy
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That cash money (young money) would not only be relevant, but have some of the biggest acts on hip hop. Who could have guessed that the label pumping out Choppa City and Young and Thuggin would one day be a major force in hip hop with a female rapper from new York and a child actor from toronto
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    A white racist shady cracka Klansmen rapper outselling all the brown eyed ? rappers..
    http://youtu.be/Fk2DAYHxf1o

http://youtu.be/swE-f1xjITM

http://youtu.be/iUk_f19tM1A
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im surprised by how much energy people put into music they "dont like". Its mostly an internet thing. Like common sense just dont fck with it then. It just looks sorry and lame. I didnt expect the late 80s hair styles and fashions to come back around.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE GHOSTWRITING ? BEING ACCEPTED
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E Beef/Twitter Fingers/Pop ? apologize/ I Was Hacked being accepted and or the norm.

Physical copies of music becoming irrelavant and places like CD shops being replaced by computers.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The South taking over circa 2005

New York falling off circa 2005

People saying The West won the East/West beef

Autotune dominating the charts

The Death of the DJ

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Nas and Common Collaboration. GOAT
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Nas and Common Collaboration. GOAT
    ? was a little disappointing to me
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mainstream/radio rap music on its "feminine"/sing a long trajectory.

Rappers favoring social media over settling beefs on wax.

Female rappers as a whole still haven't gotten over the ? in the bucket mentality.

The feeling of buying a new album and physically opening it and looking at the liner notes is gone.

Relying more on my phone than dudes from around the way or older heads when it comes to getting put on to good music.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love and Hip Hop.

? terrible. So far the only ? to come out unscathed is Papoose.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

The Death of the DJ

Never thought I'd see the day an old ass fossil talks about his faggotry shenanigans in bigg bad Newtown MA but that's another thread.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sing along rappers gettin more play than actual ? with lyrics

Simping being accepted over being HOHS

R&b and rap basically becoming one
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Melody being more important than rapping
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

The Death of the DJ

Never thought I'd see the day an old ass fossil talks about his faggotry shenanigans in bigg bad Newtown MA but that's another thread.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'm getting cyber-bullied and called out online.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is probably already been said but for me it's ? ? being accepted. Aaron Mcgruder is a prophet lol
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That cash money (young money) would not only be relevant, but have some of the biggest acts on hip hop. Who could have guessed that the label pumping out Choppa City and Young and Thuggin would one day be a major force in hip hop with a female rapper from new York and a child actor from toronto

Yeah, the transformation of cash money is crazy to think about

Birdman can be all the bad schit people say but I still salute him for leading a label from the slums of N.O. to the too of the industry
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    I miss the sampling and scratching.

I realize that sampling can eat up production costs and reduce your bottom line, but its always been part of what makes Hip Hop what it is; Hip Hop.

Nowadays you got live instruments, which is cool, but thats not what Hip Hop is.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    videos being somewhere else other than a club, swimming pool or party atmosphere.

the focus on the artist and not the ass shaking to distract you from weak music
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

Yeah, the transformation of cash money is crazy to think about

Birdman can be all the bad schit people say but I still salute him for leading a label from the slums of N.O. to the too of the industry

yeah man, they just kept evolving (for better or worse) and kept producing hits. It's pretty crazy.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vybz wrote: »
    My girl dissing me on a whole album

control that ? u camel face looking ass ?

Look whos mad cause now the whole world knows his cac moms as Becky with the good hair

Never thought I'd see you give your heart to a woman.