• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    His reasoning is terrible.

He claims that those on the left, many of whom reject theism, coerce adherence to law and regulation by the force of the state rather than by the word of ? , like the religious right. Yet Christianity spent most of its history destroying and brutalizing foreign nations all in the name of some invisible man in the sky. As a White dude he can say that ? without any context, but I could never be so naive to put a love of capitalism over my rejection of religious colonialism and the resulting subjugation and racial hierarchies that developed out of it.

The Pope went to Hispania and split the world in half, saying the pork and cheese get the east and the Spanish get the West. This is the kind of ? you accept, because they believe in lower taxes? ? .

that is only part of what he is saying and it's not even the greater part

It's a supporting argument though. If the claims he makes to support his conclusion are invalid then his conclusion is too.

Your country killed a ton of Christians in my country after freeing yourselves of colonial rule. How can you defend Christianity when it was used to put us in chains?

That's just one of the arguments made, also nothing was invalid about his argument because he's not defending Christianity he's talking about the effects of Christianity on western society.

And how the lack of it has effected society and psychology therefore making the west leftist, less free and weak.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @LUClEN Christianity is not what the tragedies of history have made it. The perspectives of the oppressors using Christainity was this...the Bible is a book that tells you how to live your life and because it's from ? , you should do it...meaning, they read the "rules" thinking that was the primary focus. And because it was the primary focus, they felt like it was their divine duty to go around enforcing the rules. But if they knew the truth, they would have seen that the rules can't save anybody.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like it or not he makes a good point the most secular and atheistic nations on earth are in western europe and their native populations are slowly dying the ? off and low key they being invaded by muslims.

and don't get me started on japan although the Japanese aren't actually atheist in the way Europeans are the japanese are still largely an atheistic society and they coincidentally are also dying the ? off

Japan is overcrowded anyway, apartments there are famous for being tiny. That's part of the reason the Japanese empire tried to expand back in the day. As far as societies being secular, that's not a big deal, societies that are non-religious are often more stable and have happier people compared to very religious nations.

Atheists and the secular have contributed greatly to societies around the world historically, people pro-creating less isn't that bad, the world doesn't have as many resources as you think it does. Desertification and global warming will create a lot of misery around the world in due time, it's slowly happening already.

lol japan isn't over crowded some cities in japan are overcrowded . You see IN THE west ( europe) there used to be a balance between religiosity and secularism that it took a long ? time for the west to create this balance but now that the scales have been tipped too far in one direction western society has been made weak and now it is dying.

PLENTY atheist have contributed to society not as much as religious people but i do recognize atheist contributions however as we are seeing right now in Europe a society with no religion, no spirituality, no deep depth of being no way of seeing the world as anything beyond crude physical matter; will produce individuals that struggle to find purpose. Muslims, Christians, Hindus religious people in general have a purpose beyond ourselves and beyond this material world. Atheist do not.

overpopulation is a ? MYTH it's a silly ? creation of leftist and often has been used as an excuse to promote genocide. If anything overpopulation is a local problem and has nothing to do with the western and northern European nations i am talking about.

There is no way Berber north Africans would be ? white women in the middle of Germany if Germans still had a christian viewpoint or perspective of the world. I've told you before not having children is a sign of genetic inferiority one of the most powerful forces in all life is procreation if you don't have that desire then... your people, your genetic uniqueness will die

At the end of the day, nations can't take care of more and more growing amounts of people the way societies are built now, it's not a big deal if societies shrink a little in birthrates, immigration can make up for that anyway. And ? happens in all parts of the world, as horrible as it is, a nation being mostly Christian or religious doesn't stop ? from happening. Mexico and South Africa are mostly Christian nations and ? happens there as it happens in plenty of other religious nations.

Not having kids means nothing, not everyone wants to have kids and in many parts of the world, having kids is expensive and not worth the burden of all the other costs some people may have.

For the nations we are talking about the bold is flat out false, this is not ? Congo and the nations we are talking about are not poor they are some of the richest nations on earth. The atheist nations in western and northern Europe are not just shrinking a little in birthrate THEIR NATIVE POPULATIONS ARE BEYOND REPLACEMENT LEVEL.

IMMIGRATION is exactly what they don't want because in this case immigration means death of your culture, if in the next 30 years half the population of Denmark is Arab then that means that the danish culture and people are lost.

Maybe you are not comprehending me. i brought up the brazen rapes of German women by Arab men that happened in Germany on new years eve because it's an example of a weakened nation. If Germany was still infused with stronger aspects of a christian culture those rapes by outsiders would either never have happened or they would have been avenged in self defense because a nation that is religious is more resilient against foreign religions,ideologies and people.

Not having kids means your genetics won't be passed on it means you have failed as an organism, and like the video says in our current leftist society when old people who had no kid still collect government benefits they are in essence stealing from the children of their peers who reproduced.

If people don't want to have kids, that's not a big deal, many scientists now agree that once Earth reaches 9-10 billion people, Earth's resources will be at a severe strain. We're at 7 billion now and plenty of nations are unable to take care of their people. Pollution and global warming will only add to the problem, I don't see the big deal about people having kids less.

As far as some Arabs ? European women, yeah that's bad but once again, ? happens all over the world. It doesn't matter if it's Arabs doing it or any other people. Rapes happen a lot in Christian nations, so your logic isn't making any sense., Many Germans and others have already avenged the rapes of some of their women, facilities and buses housing migrants have been burned and destroyed several times. Not saying that's good but people in the west aren't exactly laying down. Christians have acted in barbaric ways towards others historically anyway, including other Christians. Good riddance to Christianity losing so much influence, hallelujah to that.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/many-people-earth-actually-hold-161120761.html

But even if we assume a more even distribution across the world, many experts believe that the situation here on Earth will start looking grave once the human population reaches the 9-10 billion mark.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did anybody actually watch the whole video????

I watched the whole video, but the dramatic way he presented his thoughts drained all the energy I had for this thread.
  • zzombie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like it or not he makes a good point the most secular and atheistic nations on earth are in western europe and their native populations are slowly dying the ? off and low key they being invaded by muslims.

and don't get me started on japan although the Japanese aren't actually atheist in the way Europeans are the japanese are still largely an atheistic society and they coincidentally are also dying the ? off

Japan is overcrowded anyway, apartments there are famous for being tiny. That's part of the reason the Japanese empire tried to expand back in the day. As far as societies being secular, that's not a big deal, societies that are non-religious are often more stable and have happier people compared to very religious nations.

Atheists and the secular have contributed greatly to societies around the world historically, people pro-creating less isn't that bad, the world doesn't have as many resources as you think it does. Desertification and global warming will create a lot of misery around the world in due time, it's slowly happening already.

lol japan isn't over crowded some cities in japan are overcrowded . You see IN THE west ( europe) there used to be a balance between religiosity and secularism that it took a long ? time for the west to create this balance but now that the scales have been tipped too far in one direction western society has been made weak and now it is dying.

PLENTY atheist have contributed to society not as much as religious people but i do recognize atheist contributions however as we are seeing right now in Europe a society with no religion, no spirituality, no deep depth of being no way of seeing the world as anything beyond crude physical matter; will produce individuals that struggle to find purpose. Muslims, Christians, Hindus religious people in general have a purpose beyond ourselves and beyond this material world. Atheist do not.

overpopulation is a ? MYTH it's a silly ? creation of leftist and often has been used as an excuse to promote genocide. If anything overpopulation is a local problem and has nothing to do with the western and northern European nations i am talking about.

There is no way Berber north Africans would be ? white women in the middle of Germany if Germans still had a christian viewpoint or perspective of the world. I've told you before not having children is a sign of genetic inferiority one of the most powerful forces in all life is procreation if you don't have that desire then... your people, your genetic uniqueness will die

At the end of the day, nations can't take care of more and more growing amounts of people the way societies are built now, it's not a big deal if societies shrink a little in birthrates, immigration can make up for that anyway. And ? happens in all parts of the world, as horrible as it is, a nation being mostly Christian or religious doesn't stop ? from happening. Mexico and South Africa are mostly Christian nations and ? happens there as it happens in plenty of other religious nations.

Not having kids means nothing, not everyone wants to have kids and in many parts of the world, having kids is expensive and not worth the burden of all the other costs some people may have.

For the nations we are talking about the bold is flat out false, this is not ? Congo and the nations we are talking about are not poor they are some of the richest nations on earth. The atheist nations in western and northern Europe are not just shrinking a little in birthrate THEIR NATIVE POPULATIONS ARE BEYOND REPLACEMENT LEVEL.

IMMIGRATION is exactly what they don't want because in this case immigration means death of your culture, if in the next 30 years half the population of Denmark is Arab then that means that the danish culture and people are lost.

Maybe you are not comprehending me. i brought up the brazen rapes of German women by Arab men that happened in Germany on new years eve because it's an example of a weakened nation. If Germany was still infused with stronger aspects of a christian culture those rapes by outsiders would either never have happened or they would have been avenged in self defense because a nation that is religious is more resilient against foreign religions,ideologies and people.

Not having kids means your genetics won't be passed on it means you have failed as an organism, and like the video says in our current leftist society when old people who had no kid still collect government benefits they are in essence stealing from the children of their peers who reproduced.

If people don't want to have kids, that's not a big deal, many scientists now agree that once Earth reaches 9-10 billion people, Earth's resources will be at a severe strain. We're at 7 billion now and plenty of nations are unable to take care of their people. Pollution and global warming will only add to the problem, I don't see the big deal about people having kids less.

As far as some Arabs ? European women, yeah that's bad but once again, ? happens all over the world. It doesn't matter if it's Arabs doing it or any other people. Rapes happen a lot in Christian nations, so your logic isn't making any sense., Many Germans and others have already avenged the rapes of some of their women, facilities and buses housing migrants have been burned and destroyed several times. Not saying that's good but people in the west aren't exactly laying down. Christians have acted in barbaric ways towards others historically anyway, including other Christians. Good riddance to Christianity losing so much influence, hallelujah to that.

But even if we assume a more even distribution across the world, many experts believe that the situation here on Earth will start looking grave once the human population reaches the 9-10 billion mark.

Your brain dead ass missed the whole point about the ? I don't know why I even bother with you.

And scientists have been misleading people about overpopulation for over 100 years already, only inferior members of a species fail to procreate

Europe contines to be flooded with muslims so they haven't Avenged anything
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie you are just more worried about the rising power of Islam.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

The rise of atheism is more problematic because without Christianity there will be no stopping the Islamic invasion of the west. So all those atheist and leftist are just fools waiting to die. If not for this over secularism in the west Muslim's wouldn't be blowing innocent people Up
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atheism is a cultural dead end

Ahh Zombie you're not one of those 'what's your moral barometer' people are you King

I don't get what you mean

Like when people don't turt atheists because there's no higher bein' guidin' them. They believe atheists have nothin' from which to base their morals and are therefore not trustworthy

Atheist can have morals but they are subjective so really and atheist morals are meaningless and me personally i wouldn't leave an atheist alone with my pet goldfish.

I don't hate atheist but i don't understand how they perceive right and wrong so they can have morals but.... but why should they

Everything is subjective, which is the reason for conflict. Misoverstanding religion is one of the worst things you can do. Religion is a power grab created by man to push an agenda. Originally, it seemed to be created to teach non-intellectuals the ways of the world, as some people need something to hold onto. People can't be good for the sake of being good for whatever reason, never really understood it because, religion was never able to hold someone with my view on life. In any case, all religious texts are made up of folklore or parables which help the recipients grasp useful concepts for sustainability.

Atheists seem to follow a golden rule theory. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" or a good karma, bad karma approach. That is how they perceive right and wrong in a nutshell. A lot of them are pushed away from religion and denounce it completely due to the clear hypocrisy or selective use that is practiced by the mascots of said religion. For someone like me, religion could never be applied because it always gave off a bully scenario on some, if you don't listen, said higher power will make you pay. The way I respond to that is, "well let's get it then." People like myself don't live our lives in fear and will not be bullied, so that logic used to describe some religious higher power never registered.
  • zzombie
    Options

Ahh Zombie you're not one of those 'what's your moral barometer' people are you King

Like when people don't turt atheists because there's no higher bein' guidin' them. They believe atheists have nothin' from which to base their morals and are therefore not trustworthy

Atheist can have morals but they are subjective so really and atheist morals are meaningless and me personally i wouldn't leave an atheist alone with my pet goldfish.

I don't hate atheist but i don't understand how they perceive right and wrong so they can have morals but.... but why should they

Everything is subjective, which is the reason for conflict. Misoverstanding religion is one of the worst things you can do. Religion is a power grab created by man to push an agenda. Originally, it seemed to be created to teach non-intellectuals the ways of the world, as some people need something to hold onto. People can't be good for the sake of being good for whatever reason, never really understood it because, religion was never able to hold someone with my view on life. In any case, all religious texts are made up of folklore or parables which help the recipients grasp useful concepts for sustainability.

Atheists seem to follow a golden rule theory. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" or a good karma, bad karma approach. That is how they perceive right and wrong in a nutshell. A lot of them are pushed away from religion and denounce it completely due to the clear hypocrisy or selective use that is practiced by the mascots of said religion. For someone like me, religion could never be applied because it always gave off a bully scenario on some, if you don't listen, said higher power will make you pay. The way I respond to that is, "well let's get it then." People like myself don't live our lives in fear and will not be bullied, so that logic used to describe some religious higher power never registered.

Everything is not subjective and that is The fundamental philosophical difference between atheist and theist.

And all that you wrote is irrelevant to the arguments I've made in this thread it doesn't matter if ? exists or not what matters is if people believe in their religion or not. Your personal beliefs are also irrelevant watch the video
  • zzombie
    Options
    When Islam takes over those soft weak western European nations let's see how much muslims give a ? about how you atheist feel
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Your brain dead ass missed the whole point about the ? I don't know why I even bother with you.

And scientists have been misleading people about overpopulation for over 100 years already, only inferior members of a species fail to procreate

Europe contines to be flooded with muslims so they haven't Avenged anything

Uh huh. Meanwhile, take a look at the ? statistics in mostly Christian South Africa or Mexico and then get back to me. Christianity is losing its influence because many see through the false prophecies and little to no proof of the Bible ? being a real thing.

Don't believe scientists all you want, the reality is many nations worldwide, from Venezuela to many others, cannot take care of many of their population right now, so imagine how it will be when quite a bit of natural resources run low for various countries. I wouldn't call Wilt Chamberlain and Oprah Winfrey "inferior" members of our species. Don't sound like an idiot.

And Europeans can only do so much to stop the tide of Arab/Muslim migrants, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya and several other nations are all screwed up now. Millions more will come, great job NATO and America.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To summarize the video: "I used to be a Christian, but now I think Athiests are ri...wait they believe in having a strong federal government? All of them are fools and I side with the Christians again."

did you watch the whole video he's saying much more than that

I did, but I admittedly tuned him out about halfway through because his arguments were kinda weak.
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84

I am not disputing the ? statistics it is who is doing the rapes that matter in this instance do you understand??? it's a foreign people, from a foreign land, with a foreign religion if foreign people can come into your land and ? your women and your people do nothing serious about it then it means you are weak this pattern in history has repeated itself over and over.

and yes strictly speaking from an evolutionary perspective Oprah and wilt chamberlain are inferior members of our species because they did not procreate. If you don't have children AND RAISE them into adulthood then The amount of money you make means nothing you are just going to die and everything you worked for will go to some one else possibly a stranger and eventually nothing of you will remain
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_CxJfFgh0
  • zzombie
    Options
    let me make it more clear for people.... world wide overpopulation is a myth
  • zzombie
    Options
    To summarize the video: "I used to be a Christian, but now I think Athiests are ri...wait they believe in having a strong federal government? All of them are fools and I side with the Christians again."

did you watch the whole video he's saying much more than that

I did, but I admittedly tuned him out about halfway through because his arguments were kinda weak.

what are his arguments???
  • zzombie
    Options
    None of you are watching and paying attention to the ? video... yet you comment.

• Ajackson17
    Options

The rise of atheism is more problematic because without Christianity there will be no stopping the Islamic invasion of the west. So all those atheist and leftist are just fools waiting to die. If not for this over secularism in the west Muslim's wouldn't be blowing innocent people Up

A gun does the same to any man regardless of his belief. If wiping out the desert folk for peace I'm cool with it. I'm not a humanitarian and I always says if it's done negatively then it's our best concern to do what is necessary.
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options

A gun does the same to any man regardless of his belief. If wiping out the desert folk for peace I'm cool with it. I'm not a humanitarian and I always says if it's done negatively then it's our best concern to do what is necessary.

The mind has to first be created that wants to pull the trigger even more importantly it has to be willing to suffer and die for society atheist don't produce or proclaim many martyrs for their cause

Atheist tend to be leftist and leftist tend towards being unwilling to sacrifice they won't even have children because it might take away from their enjoyment of the physical things in life. (@Kingblaze84 is example of what I am talking about in this thread)

And in the historical record when that hasn't been the case these atheist societies always end up creating a "state cult" that replaces the previous religion/tradition.

Atheism seems to either create or come with a certain way of thinking, a certain philosophical perspective that is deteriorating to society in the long run.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

The mind has to first be created that wants to pull the trigger even more importantly it has to be willing to suffer and die for society atheist don't produce or proclaim many martyrs for their cause

Atheist tend to be leftist and leftist tend towards being unwilling to sacrifice they won't even have children because it might take away from their enjoyment of the physical things in life. (@Kingblaze84 is example of what I am talking about in this thread)

And in the historical record when that hasn't been the case these atheist societies always end up creating a "state cult" that replaces the previous religion/tradition.

Atheism seems to either create or come with a certain way of thinking, a certain philosophical perspective that is deteriorating to society in the long run.

Of course Atheism will lean towards left because left always means change and while right always means to conserve or protect tradition. Any rational person would know that there are things that need to change and some things need to stay the same. Two parent homes should not change because the surmount of research shows it's necessary to the child's psychology, but it has to be healthy two parent homes. That being said the left culture has been growing hideously due to the insidious nature of the right has projected for some time. So mankind needs to center itself. It's always been about balance
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everything is not subjective and that is The fundamental philosophical difference between atheist and theist.

And all that you wrote is irrelevant to the arguments I've made in this thread it doesn't matter if ? exists or not what matters is if people believe in their religion or not. Your personal beliefs are also irrelevant watch the video

Interesting. What is not subjective in your opinion?
  • zzombie
    Options

Interesting. What is not subjective in your opinion?

Basically the various religious perspective have defined understandings of human nature and certain things are not up for subjective analysis
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    societies that are non-religious are often more stable and have happier people compared to very religious nations
    *cough Soviet Union cough PRC cough*

entirely possible both religious and non-religious societies have pros and cons
  • janklow
    Options
    Yet Christianity spent most of its history destroying and brutalizing foreign nations all in the name of some invisible man in the sky.
    Christianity did... or nations wrapping themselves in its trappings? because it's more likely people actually PRACTICING Christianity are militarizing more like the Salvation Army than the Crusaders.

• janklow
    Options
    As far as Japan's empire in the 1940s, their businesses were running out of natural resources and raw materials in proportion to their population's size. They chose the wrong way to go about it obviously but sources show that was a motivation for their expansion.
    *cough their expansion predates the 1940s cough*

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    As far as Japan's empire in the 1940s, their businesses were running out of natural resources and raw materials in proportion to their population's size. They chose the wrong way to go about it obviously but sources show that was a motivation for their expansion.
    *cough their expansion predates the 1940s cough*

? Japan took Island that were German treaty in WW1. They even signed the treaty of Versailles