GnS Real Life 2016: As a parent of a girl, would you be worried if your daughter was 35+....

Options
13»

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Yes I would be worried. I don't want my little girl to grow up to be some bitter cat lady. I probably won't be able to do anything about it at that point but I would definitely be worried.

Most of the IC ladies are this

I don't like cats. Explains why I don't like your ? ass.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Kat wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    Yes I would be worried. I don't want my little girl to grow up to be some bitter cat lady. I probably won't be able to do anything about it at that point but I would definitely be worried.

Goated. I think some people selfishly take themselves into account for that lifestyle and they don't want better for their child.

What? What does that even mean?

"I don't have a man, you don't need one either". You don't think some moms say that to their daughters?
  • Westie
    Options

Goated. I think some people selfishly take themselves into account for that lifestyle and they don't want better for their child.

"I don't have a man, you don't need one either". You don't think some moms say that to their daughters?

"Need" isn't healthy. Js

I don't know anyone who's used themselves as an example per se, more like a child learning by example.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

If I have a daughter I pray she never turns out like you
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Lol..wut.

I don't know any mothers that have said that.

I'm certainly not saying that. I would love my daughter to find someone that enhances her life, that makes her a better person and truly loves her. That said, the odds of her finding that man are greater if she focuses on herself first. Live life, educate yourself, traditionally or not, find your calling in life, find what makes YOU happy and then find the man that will compliment that..then you don't end up needing some man, you end up wanting him.

That's my wish for her. Be happy in whatever choices you make in life. Don't feel the need to conform so your mom feels a certain way..that would make me sad.
  • Westie
    Options

Stop pretending you have ? you'd need in order to father children.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    edited May 2016
    Options

You kiss your kids with that filthy mouth
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Got an aunt like that lol...the issue is that she's never brought anyone home to my knowledge...like ever...not even prom or anything lol. So if it was like that yea I'd be concerned for her social skills or lack thereof cuz to not have any romantic experiences, you missing out on a big part of life.
  • Kat
    Options
    No
    Got an aunt like that lol...the issue is that she's never brought anyone home to my knowledge...like ever...not even prom or anything lol. So if it was like that yea I'd be concerned for her social skills or lack thereof cuz to not have any romantic experiences, you missing out on a big part of life.

Maybe she's a closeted lesbian.
  • Westie
    Options

You kiss your kids with that filthy mouth

There's not a swear in that whole post. Don't be such a little girl.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    Etiquette school @Westie

You need to address me as the gentleman I am
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Some women go that route if they cant find a dude..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

Trust that has def come up lol. but they have another cousin they grew up with that's like their brother who is ? and nobody has a problem with him so she has no reason not to come out if that's the case.
  • Kat
    Options
    No

And some women hide their true feelings their whole lives.

Not everything is about men, ugh.
  • Westie
    Options

The world's axis is a ? you didn't know that?
  • Kat
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    No

I never said it was..
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    No

Don't act like you don't like "spinning" on a ? every now and then..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    She's grown. That's her life.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options

Feminazi
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Reconsidered my vote. I'd only be concerned if she was seeking that life for a long time and didn't get it. If she didn't want it, then I couldn't care less
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    most people are ? anyway......

i think it's rare as ? for two geunine and loyal people to find each other and actually have a healthy marriage

Ehh I don't think it's because people are ? , though make no mistake I do think 98.9% of the human population are ? individuals. I think it literally boils down to people going by the examples they see. You see healthy relationships you tend to think they're possible. You don't see them, you don't think they're as likely.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Lol..wut.

I don't know any mothers that have said that.

I'm certainly not saying that. I would love my daughter to find someone that enhances her life, that makes her a better person and truly loves her. That said, the odds of her finding that man are greater if she focuses on herself first. Live life, educate yourself, traditionally or not, find your calling in life, find what makes YOU happy and then find the man that will compliment that..then you don't end up needing some man, you end up wanting him.

That's my wish for her. Be happy in whatever choices you make in life. Don't feel the need to conform so your mom feels a certain way..that would make me sad.

Too many people don't know the difference between the bold...and just as many don't know how to be vulnerable enough to let somebody truly know that they want them. It's the cool thing to give no ? and claim you need nobody
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    Kat's daughter is on the fast track to ending up like her momma

#TheChildrenareruined