Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    honestly mang these two episodes have left me unimpressed!

more depravity from Ramsay, wow what a shocker. That ? wasn't even funny. newborn babies ripped apart my dogs, thats ? up.

more ? we knew was gonna happen already. You knew Arya wasn't gonna be blind forever, you knew john snow wasn't really gonna be dead. I was really getting ready to laugh my ass off if the red witch would have cut some of his ? off and threw them in the fire hahahahahhaha

The Bernie Sanders of Westeros is still running ? against in King's Landing despite all logic.

Like nothing has really happened to progress the story line at all except that glimpse of the Iron Borne, who have been mostly irrelevant for a while now. I like that chick tho, she badass.

They need GRRM to do the books first, these HBO writers are choke artists.

? atleast the dragons got let loose.

Your complaints don't make a whole lot of sense.

Ramsey's depravity isn't supposed to be a shocker, so I don't really see how it's a knock against the show that he remains true to his character. While the possibility of him killing Roose was definitely on the table if that baby turned out to be a boy, it wasn't exactly a given that it would happen that quickly.

Arya is being groomed to be a Faceless Man. That has been established, so once again, I don't really see how it's a knock against the show that she is shown to progress along that path.

John coming back, while making me happy, was underwhelming, but only because we basically knew he was coming back. You can't really blame the writers for that though. You have to blame the fans that basically pestered Martin and others until they essentially confirmed it would happen.

I'm not really sure how you can say that nothing progressed with the story line. The things you mentioned were all progression. Ramsey is now in charge of the North and he's already laid out his plan for solidifying his position.

The Night's Watch traitors are locked up and Jon is back in charge basically setting the stage for the confrontation with Ramsey and possibly the White Walkers.

We also seen some seeds for things to come in King's Landing and Mereen. This is only the second episode man. How much progress did you expect to see.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get ready for the Internet to be a ot more critical of GoT, by the way. You kno' what these book readers are like. "GRRM would never have done that blah blah in the books etc" Watch next time there's a non-book rapin'. Feminists gonna go crazy. Again
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who is reading the books should appreciate what the show is doing. At least the show looks like it could come to some resolution within the next century. The books just keep getting more convoluted and drawn out. I'm not saying they aren't still good, but the people acting like GRRM's storytelling is faultless are lying to themselves.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Ahahaha I'm dead @ the mountain
    Rasta. wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    they still foul for burning that lil girl up...that ? was soul touching

What about feeding a newborn to the dogs? GoT stay being hard on kids lmao

Ramsey is a habitual line stepper. He'll prolly survive this season because he's entertaining and hated.

Naw Ramsey doesnt make it

So elzo droppin spoilers out chea?

@Sion

3lerx55sadjc.gif
    1llq6pedjqyj.gif

Cute...but don't do it again

Beyonce-throws-away-ring.gif
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Well this Jon Snow brings up quite the conundrum ....if she can bring Jon back in 5 mins....she can bring anybody back including Stannis

Nah, it's a limit on that ? I think. Remember Arya asked ole boy to bring her mom's back after the hound killed his man. He said it doesn't work like that.

There's no limit to the number of resurrections as Thoros of Myr brought Dondarrion back 6 times from the dead. If the body hasn't decayed, resurrection is a possibility.
    Reason Catelyn Stark couldn't be whole was she was killed around the Riverlands so she was a zombie/decayed when they found her
    Stannis is presumable dead in the cold so body hasn't decayed, same as Snow.

If I'm not mistaken, Thoros couldn't bring anyone else back. That's why
    Beric had to give up his life for Cat
  • King of GA
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    ? GRRM pessimistic ass about characters being revived SMMFH. You can tell if it were up to him Jon would have remained dead just for the ? of it SMMFH. Glad the show's producers said "? it", this is what makes for great TV. Last year they had beef over the direction of the show. Some deaths like Ned and Robb did the job of keeping fans on an emotional rollercoaster but killing off everyone hurts the story in important areas. Look at Robert Kirkland and The Walking Dead. The comic isn't as good as the show and some ? was just pointless.

If Jon Stark is left for dead in the books the whole story at the Wall becomes weaker and pointless. The internet has whole theories for Jon they had to give them something they'd a been stupid af not to.

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martinas-thoughts-on-resurrection

I think you're misreading what he's saying. He's talks a little bit about how bringing a character back from the dead can cheapen that characters death, but most of what he talks about revolves around the fact that he believes that if a character does die and come back, they shouldn't be the same. Based on this, I'm guessing that we'll see Jon back in the book too, but he's going to be a different character than we're used to. Honestly, Martin changes the mechanism for his resurrection in the book.
    We've already seen Lady Stoneheart as a major character brought back by the Lord of Light's trick. We don't need another one of those. I'd like to see him brought back as a white walker somehow, but one that retains his own individuality and loyalties.

That's not completely implausible...perhaps
    Coldhands
    foreshadows that very thing.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread and sorry in advance, but does anyone know a goat show on television besides GOT right now.

GOT is like ? and I gotta watch something in the meantime. I've tried with True Detective and Walking dead. They're not doing it for me.

GoT and Banshee the two best shows by far. Banshee is in its last season though.

I am ? that Banshee is in its last season......After Melisandre, Rebecca Bowman got the best bitties on a tv show plus she a freak

• King of GA
    Options
    I think Ramsay done effed up by killing Roose and Fat Walda....poppa Frey ain't going to take the deathsame of a major ally and his granddaughter, great-grandson lightly...he already a suspicious old man that feels perpetually slighted...he isn't going to buy that "poisoned by his enemies" bs....
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I think Ramsay done effed up by killing Roose and Fat Walda....poppa Frey ain't going to take the deathsame of a major ally and his granddaughter, great-grandson lightly...he already a suspicious old man that feels perpetually slighted...he isn't going to buy that "poisoned by his enemies" bs....

Which brings up a good point. How in the hell is Ramsay going to explain the wife and baby's death?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bolton says right before he's killed sutten like, "behave like a mad dog and people will treat you as such." Sutten to that effect. Ramsay needs the calculatin' Bolton. Only the depraved follow Ramsay outta loyalty. Watch the North flock to Jon.

Hopefully Stannis is about to Stark him and lead the assault on them nasty Bolton's
  • King of GA
    Options
    Dashing, noble Jon Snow ain't walking through that door though IMO. I got a feeling that death/resurrection might make him come back more ruthless and bloodthirsty.

I agree...even though the show never introduced
    Lady Stoneheart, she was all about vengeance by any means necessary.
    I don't think Jon will be that far gone, but he'd be closer to that than who he was, he certainly won't be naive....
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dashing, noble Jon Snow ain't walking through that door though IMO. I got a feeling that death/resurrection might make him come back more ruthless and bloodthirsty.

I agree...even though the show never introduced
    Lady Stoneheart, she was all about vengeance by any means necessary.
    I don't think Jon will be that far gone, but he'd be closer to that than who he was, he certainly won't be naive....

Bingo. If the book character in the spoiler doesn't show up in the show then I think it's a good bet that Jon Snow will be a semi-surrogate.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Ramsey is hilarious to me

Ramsey might be my new favorite character b lol

I will never trust someone whose favourite character is Ramsey. ? i dont think id even walk on the same staircase as someone whose favourite character is Ramsey...id ? around and blink too long and you'd kick me down them stairs....just because i was eating a chocolate bar that you decided you wanted

giphy.gif
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    honestly mang these two episodes have left me unimpressed!

more depravity from Ramsay, wow what a shocker. That ? wasn't even funny. newborn babies ripped apart my dogs, thats ? up.

more ? we knew was gonna happen already. You knew Arya wasn't gonna be blind forever, you knew john snow wasn't really gonna be dead. I was really getting ready to laugh my ass off if the red witch would have cut some of his ? off and threw them in the fire hahahahahhaha

The Bernie Sanders of Westeros is still running ? against in King's Landing despite all logic.

Like nothing has really happened to progress the story line at all except that glimpse of the Iron Borne, who have been mostly irrelevant for a while now. I like that chick tho, she badass.

They need GRRM to do the books first, these HBO writers are choke artists.

? atleast the dragons got let loose.

Your complaints don't make a whole lot of sense.

Ramsey's depravity isn't supposed to be a shocker, so I don't really see how it's a knock against the show that he remains true to his character. While the possibility of him killing Roose was definitely on the table if that baby turned out to be a boy, it wasn't exactly a given that it would happen that quickly.

Arya is being groomed to be a Faceless Man. That has been established, so once again, I don't really see how it's a knock against the show that she is shown to progress along that path.

John coming back, while making me happy, was underwhelming, but only because we basically knew he was coming back. You can't really blame the writers for that though. You have to blame the fans that basically pestered Martin and others until they essentially confirmed it would happen.

I'm not really sure how you can say that nothing progressed with the story line. The things you mentioned were all progression. Ramsey is now in charge of the North and he's already laid out his plan for solidifying his position.

The Night's Watch traitors are locked up and Jon is back in charge basically setting the stage for the confrontation with Ramsey and possibly the White Walkers.

We also seen some seeds for things to come in King's Landing and Mereen. This is only the second episode man. How much progress did you expect to see.

Thank you for responding instead of just clicking a reaction. This is what makes this thread great.

I do think this is one of the best, if not the best, show on TV, but I'm highly critical of it because of how great it's been, but also how stupid it's been.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Nahhhh b, Joffrey didnt ? his pop, mom or brother and that ? wasnt a temper tantrum that ? was a chess move. He knew he was bout to be removed from the throne, gotta do what u gotta do.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ramsay threw a temper tantrum and killed his dad, stepmom and baby brother....but he nothing like joffrey.

hellnaw.gif

He's not, cuz he did that ? himself. Joffrey just a spoiled coward that would never lay a hand on anyone if he ain't have all them knights protecting him,
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ramsay threw a temper tantrum and killed his dad, stepmom and baby brother....but he nothing like joffrey.

hellnaw.gif

Both are sadistic psychopaths but that's where the similarities end. Joffrey was a ? and not a good ruler. Even if he was a normal, rational person he had no business sitting on the Iron Throne. Ramsey on the other hand is clearly about that action, plus like someone already said, him taking Roose's spot was a chess move. It may have seemed like a rash decision, but he had been scheming for a while. Hence the reason the Lord in the room with him was unfazed already in on it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Nahhhh b, Joffrey didnt ? his pop, mom or brother and that ? wasnt a temper tantrum that ? was a chess move. He knew he was bout to be removed from the throne, gotta do what u gotta do.

Lol @ chess move. wtf is he bout to do with the north??? He has no support without sansa or the freys. He played himself by killing the baby too. At least the freys would still be on his side for the time being. Acting out without thinking is a temper tantrum.