He thought he could help:Concealed carry gun-wielder intervenes in domestic dispute and is shot dead

Options
2»

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    it appears that all having a gun only escalated the situation.
    who shots at their wife over an argument?
    wouldn't you expect that same person to shot at a stranger carrying a gun?

But but but....we must fight gubment tyranny
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Can't fault someone for doing the right thing.

Yeah, but when you have kids, you have to think about them first. They say he left behind three.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sad story but his first response should have been to help the wounded woman and not approach the shooter. you are walking up on a man who just let off two shots wounding one person. i really doubt he is gonna just lay down his gun for you. r.i.p. to dude
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. I'm gonna assume he was white because ? don't run towards bullets for strangers. LMAO I bet that cac couldn't wait to get on Fox News and brag about how he saved the day.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Not gonna fault dude for trying to help somebody...just know going into a situation like that you gotta be ready to shoot first before they do
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never grasped the fascination with guns and the assertion having one can solve all problems.
    the same ones arguing about their right to bear arms are the same ppl shooting themselves in the face taking selfies or getting shot by their kids accidentally

i know of 2 teenagers who killed themselves with guns in the household. In one case it was an apparent sucide and the other case was asummed to be an accident. I wonder if both of them would be alive if the parents didnt have a gun in the household

White people took over the entire world by way of the gun

America was founded in, built on, and sustained through violence/the gun

As long as this the case, guns will always be relevant
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What article did you guys read? He DID NOT try to help. He tried to stop the guy FROM LEAVING. How is that helping? If anything that's ESCALATING the conflict that just took place.

Y'all ? have terrible logic.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What article did you guys read? He DID NOT try to help. He tried to stop the guy FROM LEAVING. How is that helping? If anything that's ESCALATING the conflict that just took place.

Y'all ? have terrible logic.

Same difference, he should've let dude leave and worry about the girl. Quit trying to be in control of some ? and just do what you can. Dude was going to get caught up with regardless, especially if his girl didn't die, because she was going to tell who shot her.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    You have your own family to protect. Bullets being fired = Me gettin myself and my wife up outta there, especially if the situation has nothing to do with me. Police get paid to intervene in these situations, and are trained to do so.

Exactly. I plan on getting a gun but I'm not gonna just jump into someone else's situation unless myself or my loved ones life is in danger. ? got a plan when the gun in your hand and got dreams of being the hero. SMH
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Not gonna fault dude for trying to help somebody...just know going into a situation like that you gotta be ready to shoot first before they do

Lol he ain't try to help nobody

callin an ambulance for the lady would've been help, he was tryna play hero & unfortunately it don't always work out

now I kno it's easy to say "if that was me..."

& I'm a registered gun owner, stays on my hip whenever I leave the crib

but I wouldn't intervene in a situation like this where the shooter has a target, if he was jus shooting at random people different story
  • Brian B.
    edited May 2016
    Options
    but how do you draw down on someone & let them slap the gun out your hand?

my homie upped the yalk on a ? once, dude reached for the strap & homie shot him

I say that to say this: if you brandish it be prepared to pull the trigger, cuz everyone ain't gon freeze up at the sight of it
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who think they can win a gun fight just cause they have a pistol are the same as the dudes who think they can win street fights cause they watch UFC.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    but how do you draw down on someone & let them slap the gun out your hand?

my homie upped the yalk on a ? once, dude reached for the strap & homie shot him

I say that to say this: if you brandish it be prepared to pull the trigger, cuz everyone ain't gon freeze up at the sight of it

Hit that ? with the...
    ykwx8lghuj1o.gif

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

callin an ambulance for the lady would've been help, he was tryna play hero & unfortunately it don't always work out

but I wouldn't intervene in a situation like this where the shooter has a target, if he was jus shooting at random people different story

True...dude was trying to play hero instead of doing the most logical thing...I still say it's trying to help though because he was trying to stop the shooter. Clearly he chose a ? method
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sad story but his first response should have been to help the wounded woman and not approach the shooter. you are walking up on a man who just let off two shots wounding one person.

It wasn't about the wounded black woman. This stupid white knight muthafucka was a suspected white supremacist who saw an opportunity to ? a black man with impunity. The thing is, he wasn't counting on ole boy bustin' first and endin' his white knight suspected white supremacist ass. To quote Hov, "Respect to the shooter."
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why certain people shouldn't have a CCW. Dude popped his girl and tried to flee. Homie who died should have focused on calling the cops and attending to the woman who got shot. Not acting like a hero. He was in no danger from the shooter. The lady who got popped was no longer in danger from the shooter.

SMH.
  • Brian B.
    Options

True...dude was trying to play hero instead of doing the most logical thing...I still say it's trying to help though because he was trying to stop the shooter. Clearly he chose a ? method

I get it could be seen as tryna help

but to me it seemed like he was doin it for his ego

prolly was gettin his gun thinkin what he was gonna say to Fox news, CNN, msnbc, etc. on how he stopped the shooter

he jus didn't add up all the variables
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoulda listened to Buck.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what pro-gun people wanted, for people with guns to be the police when the police ain't around.

The irony that is that it happened in Texas.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall sound dumb as ? .
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mind your damn business idiot
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read somewhere that we will never see stricter gun laws until all black men that are old enough apply for a gun license and join the NRA.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is why you'll never see me trying to break up a fight.