PARENTS OF BULLIES TO FACE FINES

Options
Rum Middleton
Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://wtvr.com/2016/04/29/parents-of-school-bullies-face-366-fine/

POSTED 3:00 PM, APRIL 29, 2016, BY WEB STAFF,UPDATED AT 11:16PM, APRIL 30, 2016

SHAWANO, Wisconsin -- School bullying is a problem in many communities. Now one Wisconsin town is going after parents whose children cannot seem to play well with others.

The town of Shawano, near Green Bay, has passed an ordinance that would allow police to fine parents of children who bully others, NBC26 reported.

When a complaint is filed, parents would have 90 days to improve their child's behavior.

If the bullying were to continue, parents would face a $366 fine.

From there, a $681 fine would be levied if the bullying behavior did not stop.

The ordinance is not limited to bullying at school. Cyber-bullying, which tends to occur at all hours on social media, is also covered by the new rules.

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So what do cacs face for their atrocities?

Or is the statute of limitations up?

I forgot they make their own rules up....
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does there need to be a law for this? Smh.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone who was bullied came up with this ? .
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Why does there need to be a law for this? Smh.

Cuz folks ? themselves behind bullying
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids and parents today are such ?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    Someone who was bullied came up with this ? .

I hate this generation with a passion because everything has to be so pc. Bullying's been around since the biblical ages, how are you gonna change something that's been around for that long???
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this ? . either you get bullied or do the bullying.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I don't agree with old heads generalizing a whole generation by a couple observations. But man it's alotta soft ass kids out here.

We don't fine bullies....We fight bullies.
    just-a-gangsta.gif

I mean that's all good, but these days your child can't fight without risking a criminal record and expulsion even if its in self defense. It's a lose lose situation.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I don't agree with old heads generalizing a whole generation by a couple observations. But man it's alotta soft ass kids out here.

just-a-gangsta.gif

Bullies are basically ? who prey on the weak. And at the rate these new ? are going, these bullies would prolly shot you or your school up for Worldstaring him in defense.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't as much about bullying as it is about parents needing to fix their child's behavior. This is along the same lines as parents getting arrested because their child is chronically truant.

I don't see how it helps though.

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would never work for black folks. ? would end up going to jail for whooping their kids ass because of the fines.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just-a-gangsta.gif

Bullies are basically ? who prey on the weak.

I'm not an advocate of violence to solve things, but when my kid finally punches the bully in the ? mouth cuz the school does ? about bullying, I'm not apologetic.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

just-a-gangsta.gif

I mean that's all good, but these days your child can't fight without risking a criminal record and expulsion even if its in self defense. It's a lose lose situation.

That juvenile record don't transfer into adulthood, it's all good. You only gotta get a ? up off you once, maybe twice, then it's understood where the boundaries are and people won't play with you like that.

I'd rather that than him being bullied and carrying that bitchassness into adulthood. You don't have to solve all your problems with violence, but you have to meet force with force, and set examples that way people know the price. I would like my son to go into his adult years with his backbone intact.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too many laws to protect the weak instead of teaching the weak to be strong....
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and cyber bullying? really? just log off, ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to fight back, what kind of ? is this?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They raising weak children in this generation smh.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids and parents today are such ?

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    They raising weak children in this generation smh.

The more submissive the easier to round up
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    and cyber bullying? really? just log off, ? .

That's just unrealistic in today's social climate...and cyber bullying still doesn't stop face to face bullying...it's an extension of it that follows you even when you're not at school. Logging off doesn't stop the ? from happening it just means the kid wouldn't see it til they saw those same kids face to face the next day....

This seems more aimed at the my kids can do no wrong parents. There are parents out there who try to justify ? their kids do. I don't know about fining them but I don't think it's far fetched to say a parent should be held responsible for their kids actions in some capacity