The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-MEN DIRECTOR BRYAN SINGER ADDRESSES APOCALYPSE BACKLASH

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/x-men-director-bryan-singer-addresses-apocalypse-backlash

fe6d78f3259bae7bda7a0f7e13967de4.cf.jpg

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The initial reception to the appearance of Apocalypse, the villain of May 27’s X-Men: Apocalypse movie, was not a positive one, with most people pointing out his laughable resemblance to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie villain Ivan Ooze.

Then when the trailer let audiences hear his voice for the first time, there was another wave of backlash because it was just actor Oscar Isaac’s unaltered voice instead of an inhuman, godly sound.

On top of all that, comic readers were questioning why Apocalypse was so small. In the source material, he’s a hulking figure as it is, plus he can use his power to grow to King Kong-like proportions.

During an edit bay visit IGN attended with other press, director Bryan Singer addressed these fan concerns.

The Voice

“The first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer] was simply Oscar using his normal voice -- which is wonderful; his performance is fantastic -- but that was never the intention. We just needed those words to govern the first teaser. So people thought, 'Oh, wait, is that going to be his voice during the whole movie?' It's like, no, but to tell the story of the first teaser, we needed the voice, and I hadn't recreated the voice yet.

“What I'm doing is something very unique. It hasn't been done before. We're rerecording his entire performance because the suit's creaky and makes all kinds of noise, you can't really use any of it anyway. But I want his performance. So he's being recorded in ADR using a standard Sennheiser microphone, but also with a bass mic to his right cheek and a bass drum mic to his left cheek. These two microphones have the ability to pull vocal range out of his voice that the human ear cannot hear. And I can take that vocal range that I've now recorded, and I can pull it and use it to augment his voice -- and that with a little digital magic can create a voice that's both completely governed by his performance but is not natural.

“It ebbs and flows and moves through the movie, and changes, so he doesn't just have one single voice. He speaks with different voices depending on different moments in the film. So it's really kind of cool. It's the first time I've ever had the tools to sculpt a performance in post-production, that was already given to me on set and chosen in the cutting room."

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

“There was an image released on Entertainment Weekly, where the effect hadn't been put in yet, so everyone was -- the effect has a pink light on it, and everyone got lit up pink, so people thought Apocalypse was going to be pink. I was like, 'No, no, they're all pink. Take a look. Everyone in the picture is pink. It's a pink picture.' They maybe just should have taken the pink out of the picture -- I should have taken the pink out of the picture. I'm going to take some blame for that. My fault, not Entertainment Weekly's. That's the picture I gave them.”

It’s worth noting that all subsequent images of Apocalypse show him not pink, or Ivan Ooze-purple, but his appropriate color, blue.

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

“So then people were like, 'He's small.' I'm like, 'Okay, I got the same ? when I cast a six-foot-three actor to play five-foot-four Wolverine. I got the same ? when Quicksilver's very sweet, 1970s costume was released on an Empire Magazine cover.' You know, every time. I could have made him a giant through the whole movie, or some muscle-bound guy who can't act -- I could always do that. But the reality is, among his many powers -- and you will see him change size -- but among his many powers is his power of persuasion, and it was very important that he'd be able to connect with his horsemen, at their level, and that he'd be played by a guy who can actually act like Oscar, who's a fantastic actor.”

In the final trailer, Apocalypse isn’t any bigger in his “human” form, but his eyes are white (like in the comics) and he grows to gigantic size in a fight with Professor X, although that fight appears to be an “astral plane” battle of the minds. We'll have to wait until May 27 to see if he also uses those size-changing powers in the real world.

Oh word, you goo guzzling, ? suckin' ? ? ? . So it never comes your ? ? ass to even take a look at

henry_simmons_2015_04_14.jpg

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh wait, I forgot about your people's abject refusal even hint that ancient Egyptians were black. This muthafuck not only knows ? about the X-Men, it's obvious that he has no ? to give. For the Lord ? and everything that is good and right with world, please do not let this mutafucka come anywhere near The Dark Phoenix Saga. How much you wanna make a bet that they throw a bunch of money at Jennifer Law, have her come back and she's the one who gets the Phoenix force. I don't like Bryan Singer for this franchise.

You my ? and all but I'm not reading all that. Just say that the reason behind apocalypse looking like a blue ? is Bryan singer.

Bada-boom!!
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i already know this movie gonna be good . Only 2 XMEN movies been BAD. Singler still hasn't had even an average XMEN movie

I thought his first one sucked but he's made up for it twice already.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I'll say it was above average
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/x-men-director-bryan-singer-addresses-apocalypse-backlash

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The initial reception to the appearance of Apocalypse, the villain of May 27’s X-Men: Apocalypse movie, was not a positive one, with most people pointing out his laughable resemblance to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie villain Ivan Ooze.

Then when the trailer let audiences hear his voice for the first time, there was another wave of backlash because it was just actor Oscar Isaac’s unaltered voice instead of an inhuman, godly sound.

On top of all that, comic readers were questioning why Apocalypse was so small. In the source material, he’s a hulking figure as it is, plus he can use his power to grow to King Kong-like proportions.

During an edit bay visit IGN attended with other press, director Bryan Singer addressed these fan concerns.

The Voice

“The first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer] was simply Oscar using his normal voice -- which is wonderful; his performance is fantastic -- but that was never the intention. We just needed those words to govern the first teaser. So people thought, 'Oh, wait, is that going to be his voice during the whole movie?' It's like, no, but to tell the story of the first teaser, we needed the voice, and I hadn't recreated the voice yet.

“What I'm doing is something very unique. It hasn't been done before. We're rerecording his entire performance because the suit's creaky and makes all kinds of noise, you can't really use any of it anyway. But I want his performance. So he's being recorded in ADR using a standard Sennheiser microphone, but also with a bass mic to his right cheek and a bass drum mic to his left cheek. These two microphones have the ability to pull vocal range out of his voice that the human ear cannot hear. And I can take that vocal range that I've now recorded, and I can pull it and use it to augment his voice -- and that with a little digital magic can create a voice that's both completely governed by his performance but is not natural.

“It ebbs and flows and moves through the movie, and changes, so he doesn't just have one single voice. He speaks with different voices depending on different moments in the film. So it's really kind of cool. It's the first time I've ever had the tools to sculpt a performance in post-production, that was already given to me on set and chosen in the cutting room."

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

“There was an image released on Entertainment Weekly, where the effect hadn't been put in yet, so everyone was -- the effect has a pink light on it, and everyone got lit up pink, so people thought Apocalypse was going to be pink. I was like, 'No, no, they're all pink. Take a look. Everyone in the picture is pink. It's a pink picture.' They maybe just should have taken the pink out of the picture -- I should have taken the pink out of the picture. I'm going to take some blame for that. My fault, not Entertainment Weekly's. That's the picture I gave them.”

It’s worth noting that all subsequent images of Apocalypse show him not pink, or Ivan Ooze-purple, but his appropriate color, blue.

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

“So then people were like, 'He's small.' I'm like, 'Okay, I got the same ? when I cast a six-foot-three actor to play five-foot-four Wolverine. I got the same ? when Quicksilver's very sweet, 1970s costume was released on an Empire Magazine cover.' You know, every time. I could have made him a giant through the whole movie, or some muscle-bound guy who can't act -- I could always do that. But the reality is, among his many powers -- and you will see him change size -- but among his many powers is his power of persuasion, and it was very important that he'd be able to connect with his horsemen, at their level, and that he'd be played by a guy who can actually act like Oscar, who's a fantastic actor.”

In the final trailer, Apocalypse isn’t any bigger in his “human” form, but his eyes are white (like in the comics) and he grows to gigantic size in a fight with Professor X, although that fight appears to be an “astral plane” battle of the minds. We'll have to wait until May 27 to see if he also uses those size-changing powers in the real world.

Oh word, you goo guzzling, ? suckin' ? ? ? . So it never comes your ? ? ass to even take a look at

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh wait, I forgot about your people's abject refusal even hint that ancient Egyptians were black. This muthafuck not only knows ? about the X-Men, it's obvious that he has no ? to give. For the Lord ? and everything that is good and right with world, please do not let this mutafucka come anywhere near The Dark Phoenix Saga. How much you wanna make a bet that they throw a bunch of money at Jennifer Law, have her come back and she's the one who gets the Phoenix force. I don't like Bryan Singer for this franchise.
    LOL just proved the obvious, he doesn't know ? about the x-men. He sounds like the gods of egypt director. I'm only bootlegging this ? because I'm a huge x-men fan. It's like how I keep giving little wayne's music a chance post carter 2.

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    tumblr_l8eiqnBVoG1qblj9eo1_500.jpg
    image8.jpg

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The Voice

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

LOL just proved the obvious, he doesn't know ? about the x-men. He sounds like the gods of egypt director. I'm only bootlegging this ? because I'm a huge x-men fan. It's like how I keep giving little wayne's music a chance post carter 2.

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    image8.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen that guy in anything else lol.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    these same 3 dwwebs come in this thread like once a week saying the same ? . if y'all don't ? with it why keep coming.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The guy who lost out on doing apacolypse
    Design

f480906babecbe80-600x400.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they shoulda made him fully cgi
    jungle book cgi was goat
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The Voice

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    image8.jpg

the actor from stargate could pull it off he has the right jawline. I can't see all the other actors pictured as apocalypse.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The Voice

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    image8.jpg

the actor from stargate could pull it off he has the right jawline. I can't see all the other actors pictured as apocalypse.

What do you think about this guy playing him?
    tumblr_nlrgl1C24k1tguoxuo1_500.png
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The Voice

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    image8.jpg

? I just said that one guy. As for Oscar isaac I don't care it's happening the CGI work is close enough. Oscar isaac is a great actor and hes representing my city. It's happening they've done shooting I don't know why you and the other two musketeers keep harping over this. They have wrapped up the. Ovie is about to hit theatres . why don't you go to film school and make your own xmen movie somyou can cast whoever you want. Get over it it's getting annoying
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Make my Apocalypse grow!

BY JOSHUA YEHL

The Voice

The Color

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

675x1080-300x480.jpg

The Size

mike-colter.jpg

CZDlbShUwAAm5-y.jpg

Oh yeah, perfect choice
    image8.jpg

? I just said that one guy. As for Oscar isaac I don't care it's happening the CGI work is close enough. Oscar isaac is a great actor and hes representing my city. It's happening they've done shooting I don't know why you and the other two musketeers keep harping over this. They have wrapped up the. Ovie is about to hit theatres . why don't you go to film school and make your own xmen movie somyou can cast whoever you want. Get over it it's getting annoying

Wuh!
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/what-the-deadpool-2-guys-want-from-their-cable

27 APR 2016
    WHAT THE DEADPOOL 2 GUYS WANT FROM THEIR CABLE

BY CHRIS TILLY The filmmaking team behind Deadpool have been talking about why they want Cable to feature in the forthcoming sequel, and what they are looking for in the actor that will portray him.

Deadpool 2 has just been officially announced, and director Tim Miller says the character will make a great foil for Wade Wilson.

“There’s a lot about Cable’s history that I like because he’s so intertwined with the world of the X-Men” he explained. “Why he was put together with Deadpool – other than that he was in a comic that wasn’t selling well and Deadpool was in a comic that wasn’t selling well so they put them together – it’s the same reason we had Colossus; he’s a straight man. And I think Deadpool needs a straight man. Cable is the ultimate, archetypal, silent, strong and cynical warrior, which Deadpool is not.”

As for what they are looking for in the actor that lands the part, screenwriter Rhett Reese said “Strength, gravitas, a purposefulness that Deadpool doesn’t have. Deadpool’s kind of got ADD, and we think of Cable as someone who locks onto something and is going to get that thing solved no matter what.”

And his screenwriting partner Paul Wernick added that the actor – predictably – needs to be “Physically imposing.”

So who do you think should play Cable? Let us know in the comments below, and look out for the first Deadpool on Digital HD June 4 and Blu-ray/DVD June 13 in the UK.

See this is why the Deadpool franchise will probably be successful, the dudes who are doing the project get, understand, and respect the source material. They know that Cable needs to be a big muthfucka that has command presence, where as the ? that's doing X-Men is just doing some ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    The same people over deadpool are also xmen don't be fooled mn
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They definitely need to get an unknown actor for Cable
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The same people over deadpool are also xmen don't be fooled mn

No they're not Mikey
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    They definitely need to get an unknown actor for Cable

Vince McMahon

Idiot
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Kinsberg is over all these XMEN movies including deadpool you ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Kinsberg is over all these XMEN movies including deadpool you ?

That's cool