The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, was he not winning rounds though?

Y'all act like he just went in there and died in the first round. This ? fought a good fight according to EVERYONE who was watching...

Dude came to win, and got caught... It's called boxing. ? get caught. He knew what it was, but he still went out there to win....

If you got anything other than respect for Khan effort tonight, you not a real fan
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    Bruh at the end of the day Khan made the best risk vs reward decision there was...

You win, you the baddest man in the sport. You lose, everybody understands and gives you props for even stepping up when NOBODY at welterweight would even entertain fighting canelo.

And he got his pockets lined.... I can't see how anybody can knock dude

FOH ?

Let this be a lesson to all ? who wanna talk their way into big fights

Khan was respectable at 140, taking whoever, just had some setbacks...then in the last 4 years, this ? started taking easy fight after easy fight while trying to talk his self into a fight with Floyd/Manny

He couldn't get it so he settled for this fight and compromised his self for it, he got what he deserved

I'm not going overly bash him but he ain't getting credit for getting his head knocked off...save that respect for every fighter ? for the ? who ain't a real boxing fan...I respect the ? who respect the spirit of boxing and competition
    Lurk, you got something on your chest ?

nope, you ducked du fade. that is all....

Save that sassy ? for the Donkey my g

It was a good fight up until those last two rounds tho. I cant say I expected Khan yo win or even make it to the sixth, but he definitely suprised me. That was a money fight.
  • Dupac
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Bruh at the end of the day Khan made the best risk vs reward decision there was...

You win, you the baddest man in the sport. You lose, everybody understands and gives you props for even stepping up when NOBODY at welterweight would even entertain fighting canelo.

He ? up... This was a cash out fight... now he gotta gravel back to 147 where he food. Brook Garcia Spence Thurman Porter all are waiting.

He can still beat one of them. But I bet none of them ? will fight canelo

He looses to all.. add in he went up now back down in weight. He too chinny. Ain't no Alexander and collazo type guys to hide him. He food and I can't wait to see him hug air while sleep again

You geeking, Khan with 4 losses is still one of the best talents in the game and a risk to all them ? .

Who not even in the current habit of taking risks to begin with
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I noticed is Khan was doing ok til the ko.
    He did make canelo seem basic, til canelo connected with his definite power.
    Khan showed improvement with his technique tonight. Just got caught with a punch, from a fighter, who will rock ya block. For 4 losses to his name now, khan aint that bad. His speed was an obvious problem for canelo and would be to many fighters. Sadly the chin issue is also a major issue for khan.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thing is Khan takes tough fights. Fights that most fighters wouldn't even take. Dude feels he's an elite talent and takes fights to prove it..

This was his 4th loss, but considering his losses, if he won those fights. He's undeniably #1p4p

Yea he lost them, but still... Dude ain't in a power position fighting nobodies like most top fighters do....

He still got one more big win in him, i was hoping it was tonight, but it'll come...

He's proving you don't have to be undefeated to get big fights

'Splain'n

You know how I do....

At least I ain't duck the thread

cFoHq1o.gifWhy would you?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I watched that ? in the fire stick ? that lol

You what?

The fire stick.

Is this something you smoke?

Bruh,
    The fire stick is some ? you can buy at RadioShack for like $45 and hook it up to your tv and get free cable, payperview, and all the new movies..

Did you miss where I said I googled it..

Yea ? ..
  • Dupac
    Options

He ? up... This was a cash out fight... now he gotta gravel back to 147 where he food. Brook Garcia Spence Thurman Porter all are waiting.

Why should they? None of them would get 13 MIL either. Khan cashed out cuz he was mad he couldn't jump line for a Floyd or Manny fight. This was an expensive nap

Cuz they believe in themselves... Floyd took that fight, just to prove he was better than the young lion, Khan took the fight to test himself to see if he was on the same level....

There's no other fighters in this crop with those kind of guts, and of you're a fan of any of them it has to pain you that none of them have the talent or courage to go up another weight class to challenge canelo
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all act like he just went in there and died in the first round. This ? fought a good fight according to EVERYONE who was watching...

Dude came to win, and got caught... It's called boxing. ? get caught. He knew what it was, but he still went out there to win....

If you got anything other than respect for Khan effort tonight, you not a real fan

It don't matter ... he spose to win rounds he was faster and Camelot was waiting to time him. First clean counter he sleep. No moral victories for that ? ? . U want it one way .....
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keith Thurman would
  • aneed123
    Options

Why should they? None of them would get 13 MIL either. Khan cashed out cuz he was mad he couldn't jump line for a Floyd or Manny fight. This was an expensive nap

Cuz they believe in themselves... Floyd took that fight, just to prove he was better than the young lion, Khan took the fight to test himself to see if he was on the same level....

There's no other fighters in this crop with those kind of guts, and of you're a fan of any of them it has to pain you that none of them have the talent or courage to go up another weight class to challenge canelo

No Khan aint do ? at 147... acting all pompous. Refuse to let Brook ko him in the UK. Refused to let Thurman get glory.... just fought non punchers then like a fool went u too weight classes cuz he was tired and need a nap. Nah b
  • Dupac
    Options

It don't matter ... he spose to win rounds he was faster and Camelot was waiting to time him. First clean counter he sleep. No moral victories for that ? ? . U want it one way .....

Yo you bugging, he went in there to win. Not to do good until he got slept.
    Respect that man's heart. Let canelo have taken a bad hit that stunnedt him, Khan would have leaped at the chance to hurt that kid.

If you really think he ain't go in there to win you geeking
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurk, you got something on your chest ?

nope, you ducked du fade. that is all....

?
  • aneed123
    Options
    Who else in the history of boxing can get koed 3 times have 4 losses never have to rematch anyone but gets labeled so good yet ? like berto get bashed. ? outta here.
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Keith Thurman would

ROFL, never.... That dude was just talking reckless the other day, he ain't thinking moving up, he think he only thinking about belts at welterweight..
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jus got hm. Not going thru all 320+ new posts. Some one drop a vid of the canelo ko
  • Dupac
    Options

No Khan aint do ? at 147... acting all pompous. Refuse to let Brook ko him in the UK. Refused to let Thurman get glory.... just fought non punchers then like a fool went u too weight classes cuz he was tired and need a nap. Nah b

Bruh last I checked he fought the top dog at welterweight in Garcia. Granted in a losing effort, but that's their top fighter right now... So I mean how you saying he ducking that crop when he already fought the top guy. And Peterson, a guy none of them will fight as well
  • Dupac
    Options
    Who else in the history of boxing can get koed 3 times have 4 losses never have to rematch anyone but gets labeled so good yet ? like berto get bashed. ? outta here.

Dudes who take challenges bruh, when 3 of your 4 losses are to guys who are considered top talents ain't nobody going to just write you off as a washed fighter, they look at you as a guy who will literally get in there with anybody...

Other than Mayweather, there's no boxer you can name who could have fought all the fights Khan fought and came out with no losses...
  • aneed123
    Options

Bruh last I checked he fought the top dog at welterweight in Garcia. Granted in a losing effort, but that's their top fighter right now... So I mean how you saying he ducking that crop when he already fought the top guy. And Peterson, a guy none of them will fight as well

They fought both at 140 stop giving props for stuff not at 147
  • Dupac
    Options

But they both moved up since then, and Danny still top of the food chain...

He not fighting canelo no time soon, so considering he beat Khan what's his excuse for not moving up first?
  • Dupac
    Options
    I mean I'm quite positive canelo camp would take a fight with Danny. Why Danny don't have aspirations to jump out there, he already got a belt at 147, why not?

Cuz he ain't got the drive of a dude like Khan

Khan want to be the man so bad he'll risk a fight with a hitter like canelo to make it. Even with him getting his head cracked. I gotta respect that....

I ain't got Danny chasing greatness to that extent
  • aneed123
    Options

But they both moved up since then, and Danny still top of the food chain...

He not fighting canelo no time soon, so considering he beat Khan what's his excuse for not moving up first?

No ... at 147 he gotta prove himself. How u got Garcia and Thurman and broner and Porter fighting paying they dues at 147 and Khan doin Jack ? ? Porter done beat Alexander Paulie fought Brook beat broker and is now fighting Thurman. No way Khan should get more props and perks...
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im almost positive, broke muthafuckas or ? with no friends complain about payin for fights. theres so many alternatives if you dont wanna pay full price like fight parties, bars, hell even movie theatres.
    im almost positive, broke muthafuckas or ? with no friends complain about payin for fights. theres so many alternatives if you dont wanna pay full price like fight parties, bars, hell even movie theatres.

I got a movie theater in my loft... this fight was live as ? on the 120" my ? .
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? skip over weight classes all the time in their path to greatness...

You mad at that man for wanting to be great?

Look He moved up, took a few fights to get settled, and then went after the big dogs, Manny and Floyd weren't interested so he went up again for the next big fish...

All I'm saying is he wins, it's a great move. No complaints at all... But he didn't, that shouldn't mean clown him for the effort... That was a ballsy ass fight. I thought he actually had a chance to. And I would have been right there to recognize the ? ... That's why I'm here defending it now
  • aneed123
    Options
    ? skip over weight classes all the time in their path to greatness...

You mad at that man for wanting to be great?

Look He moved up, took a few fights to get settled, and then went after the big dogs, Manny and Floyd weren't interested so he went up again for the next big fish...

All I'm saying is he wins, it's a great move. No complaints at all... But he didn't, that shouldn't mean clown him for the effort... That was a ballsy ass fight. I thought he actually had a chance to. And I would have been right there to recognize the ? ... That's why I'm here defending it now

If he wanted to be great he would fought dudes at 147 vs cashing out for a nap