Black West Point female students under scrutiny for making the black power fist in photo

Options

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The thing is, and that people who never served won't understand, is that while in UNIFORM you simply cannot advertise any product or political position. Nobody literally gived a ? what you do or don't do on your personal time, just when you put on the uniform your held to a higher stsndard.

Overall though ai think its a reach

But......
    7118599.jpg?914

1. Having the flag of the Confederacy wouldny be a political statement, especially since its still flow at an equal mast as the American flag in southeren states. ? I forgot to mention it is also the offical state flag of Mississippi, thats why things are so murky concerning it. I personally feel it shouldnt be flown anywhere but I dont dicate policy

2. You wouldn't know if they did or didn't get punished, lost rank, etc since all you done is post a picture without any article to describe it.

No offense but if you haven't served like I said you wouldnt unddrstand, US military has been VERY image conscious since Vietnam and most infractions are dealt in house. I guarantee you that she most likely won't even get punished (since its very vague) and nobody on this forum will even hear anythinh about this story in the upcoming week.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nephew I don't need to serve to know I've never seen an article describing such policies until this morning, the US Military been around since i've been alive, i'm over 30. I never even knew actions like this were taken so seriously until this comes up. That alone tells me all I need to know.

Just like heroin been in the hood since I was young, but once these white babies start dyin, it's a problem. Now it's a sickness, but we animals when ? was the epidemic.

They spun strong black women doing something positive into them invoking black lives matter.

Media and the messages they send are more powerful than you know. They control the population with it.

Ask any right wing white male what black lives matter is, he'll tell you they're domestic terrorist hate group like the KKK.

We won't hear about it in the upcoming week because the US news cycle is 24 hours and there will be something else. But anything to feed the negative stigma is just another brick on the house of hate they live in.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Of course you can't represent black power in a white military

You can, you can represent whatever the ? you want, its when you do it in unoform thst it becomes a problem.

No you cant
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Isn't the military supposed to be about solidarity?

you cannot take political stances in uniform or as a soldier(even though it isnt, command will see it as one)

its why that marine got kicked out for going to the trump rally
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is, and that people who never served won't understand, is that while in UNIFORM you simply cannot advertise any product or political position. Nobody literally gived a ? what you do or don't do on your personal time, just when you put on the uniform your held to a higher stsndard.

Overall though ai think its a reach

But......
    7118599.jpg?914

1. Having the flag of the Confederacy wouldny be a political statement, especially since its still flow at an equal mast as the American flag in southeren states. ? I forgot to mention it is also the offical state flag of Mississippi, thats why things are so murky concerning it. I personally feel it shouldnt be flown anywhere but I dont dicate policy

3. You wouldn't know if they did or didn't get punished, lost rank, etc since all you done is post a picture without any article to describe it.

No offense but if you haven't served like I said you wouldnt unddrstand, US military has been VERY image conscious since Vietnam and most infractions are dealt in house. I guarantee you that she most likely won't even get punished (since its very vague) and nobody on this forum will even hear anythinh about this story in the upcoming week.

yea the military HATES bad press so it will get dealt with in house away from the media
  • The_Jackal
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nephew I don't need to serve to know I've never seen an article describing such policies until this morning, the US Military been around since i've been alive, i'm over 30. I never even knew actions like this were taken so seriously until this comes up. That alone tells me all I need to know.

Just like heroin been in the hood since I was young, but once these white babies start dyin, it's a problem. Now it's a sickness, but we animals when ? was the epidemic.

They spun strong black women doing something positive into them invoking black lives matter.

Media and the messages they send are more powerful than you know. They control the population with it.

Ask any right wing white male what black lives matter is, he'll tell you they're domestic terrorist hate group like the KKK.

We won't hear about it in the upcoming week because the US news cycle is 24 hours and there will be something else. But anything to feed the negative stigma is just another brick on the house of hate they live in.

That's exactly why you need to serve or you would have know that because you would have been told that. If you never have then you simply won't know standards, and rules. This has been in place literally since the 70s, you simply cannot advertise any product or political view while in uniform. I guarantee there are literally 100s of other rules and standards that you don't know are taken serious, from the more known like gromming standard, uniform regulation, to things as ribbion placement, buddy movement, correct use of chain of command, obtaining a profile etc etc.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

You can, you can represent whatever the ? you want, its when you do it in unoform thst it becomes a problem.

No you cant

So I'm going to believe you (who never served) or me (who currently serves)

But ok you are completly right. When you're on personal time, nobody gives a ? what you do.
  • _Lefty
    Options
    You're talking about the military, and i'm talking about the media. I ain't trippin off the military, they do what they do, i'm thankful for that. I'm more focused on them bringing this to light in the manner they did. That was a reckless article accompanying it too. ? that got to do with black lives matter? If the Military hates bad press, why am I hearing about this.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No you cant

But ok you are completly right. When you're on personal time, nobody gives a ? what you do.

And you know I'm not active or reserve based off??

But you don't have to believe me....pay attention to what's going on
  • The_Jackal
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You're talking about the military, and i'm talking about the media. I ain't trippin off the military, they do what they do, i'm thankful for that. I'm more focused on them bringing this to light in the manner they did. That was a reckless article accompanying it too. ? that got to do with black lives matter? If the Military hates bad press, why am I hearing about this.

Oh ok, I got you. The reason why this is news(in my opinion) is because of Veterans. Truth is that there are alot of Vets who served precivil rights and still feel like its an all white, all boys club kicked up enough of a shitstrom that the media picked it up and it forces a response.

Look at it from the military point if.
    The media picks up the story they can

1. Say nothing since its not that serious ( which in alot of peoples eyes is an approval of her actions)

2. They can say "Ehhhhh were going to investigate it (even though its very ambiguous) since the nedia spotlight been shined on it.

Either way Media gets what it wants, a story.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    West Point Cadets are not actually in the military. They are schooled and trained in a military-type environment. Many but not all graduates go on to join the military after graduation.
  • The_Jackal
    edited May 2016
    Options

No you cant

And you know I'm not active or reserve based off??

But you don't have to believe me....pay attention to what's going on

Off the fact that you believe anyone give a ? what you do on your personal time.
    babelipsss wrote: »
    West Point Cadets are not actually in the military. They are schooled and trained in a military-type environment. Many but not all graduates go on to join the military after graduation.

For this thread just assuming they all are going, since they still follow the same rules and regulations as the military.
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure nobody said ? about this...
    Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%205.49.16%20PM.png

Maybe that should have showed this one too!
    Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%205.54.01%20PM.png

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soldiers get in trouble everyday B. They'll be alright.
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

remember that E7 that got in trouble for beating the ? out of a hadji that was ? little boys?

well did you read about his punishment?

He was getting kicked out but it got reversed so he is being retained

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They know their demise starts when all of our black women are all conscious together.
  • _Lefty
    Options

dude...

remember that E7 that got in trouble for beating the ? out of a hadji that was ? little boys?

of course you didn't cause you don't read Army Times.

? , in my last unit we had a soldier get in big trouble for hanging them stars n bars in his barracks room window.

you talking ? like it aint ricans, cubans, irish, asians and half breeds and blacks running the damn army.

the real world has no bearing on the military it is a community all on its own with it's own set of Ethos.

A WARRIOR ETHOS.

pretty sure that doesn't register with many of you and it is because of that why you all do not understand how or why this will be dealt with fairly and in house.

? , nobody reads the army times. And no I didn't hear about the e7, nor do I know what an E7 is. But I do know, i'm reading this right now, and it's in the associated press, which is not the army times by any stretch. I've never heard about this policy til now? It's in the associated press now? Black panthers and black lives matter had to be in the article? That's my question. Once again, i'm not questioning the military and what they do because I don't know. I'm questioning the media attention brought to it, and the accompanying recklessly written article.

I'm going to google an E7 now.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the Army Times.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

dude...

? , in my last unit we had a soldier get in big trouble for hanging them stars n bars in his barracks room window.

you talking ? like it aint ricans, cubans, irish, asians and half breeds and blacks running the damn army.

the real world has no bearing on the military it is a community all on its own with it's own set of Ethos.

A WARRIOR ETHOS.

pretty sure that doesn't register with many of you and it is because of that why you all do not understand how or why this will be dealt with fairly and in house.

? , nobody reads the army times. And no I didn't hear about the e7, nor do I know what an E7 is. But I do know, i'm reading this right now, and it's in the associated press, which is not the army times by any stretch. I've never heard about this policy til now? It's in the associated press now? Black panthers and black lives matter had to be in the article? That's my question. Once again, i'm not questioning the military and what they do because I don't know. I'm questioning the media attention brought to it, and the accompanying recklessly written article.

I'm going to google an E7 now.

Chill I read it lol. You mean nobody outside the Army go read it, but it's useful because alot of new regulations are being put forth and its a convient place to gather all that info.

E7 is a Sargent first class
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

dude...

A WARRIOR ETHOS.

ymvrra64xv4d.png Are you sure about that? Especially knowing the history of this Government and blacks.

• _Lefty
    Options
    Not the Coli heads....Don't start that.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

dude...

A WARRIOR ETHOS.

ymvrra64xv4d.png Are you sure about that? Especially knowing the history of this Government and blacks.

Army has treated me more fairly in my life then any other organization(from school, to courts, to jobs I've worked before I joined). Yes it is physically and mentally tough but you score high on PT and you are in the right uniform at the right time you will advanced and get promoted. You honestly have to be a complete ? up to get your rank held back in todays army.

Beside as @babelipsss pointed out shes a cadet not a full service member yet so its not like she could get an Article 15 or anything
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.