Biggie & Nas are both better then 2Pac // ((spin off thread))

Options
13»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    It's a shame y'all keep grouping ; pac, nas, big and Jay knowing pac shouldn't een b In the conversation.
    Yea if you were missing a father....I mean we're influenced heavily by pac I understand. But musically he's nowhere near the other 3

Go listen to the TV show cops theme song before I smack da ? out of u
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PAC > nas> big> camel
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Options
    Can't hate on any of these options, they all great rappers that could make the top 5 but I don't see how BIG was anymore better than Pac they pretty much in the same league. Nas was arguable better than both lyrically but just never had that mass appeal.

Nas> Pac=Big
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2Pac
    the people have spoken..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nas
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Oh, and if Pac was so overatted can somebody answer my question I been asking every time these low key Biggie appreciation threads come up? Let's go back in Time without revising history....Hit em up drops and if you are Big you got every reason to go in. He ? your wife on purpose, called your side ? you signed to your label ugly (before she ? her face up) rip through all homies in the greasiest fashion, telling the streets you working wit ? to get him shot that can and will put police on your radar, AND HE SAID HE WILL SHOOT YOUR ? KIDS!!!

If the ? so overrated and weak why didn't Big defend himself? He had every right to come back with fire and brimstone type of answer back. Instead he let down himself, his Label, and the whole east coast! ? couldna been that overrated if the ? too shook to defend himself until a ? dead (and even that was a weak sublim)

Pac died before he could respond. Hip hop in '96 was different than today. More times than not rappers today respond back to each other and put out diss tracks at a faster frequency. Back then rappers waited til their albums to drop to release a diss (for the most part). Pac dissed Mobb Deep in the summer and they didn't respond until months later as they were getting ready to drop their album. Kim responded to Pac months after Hit Em Up. Big responded but obviously Pac already died. I mean do you expect Big to pull a Jay Z with Super Ugly?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    2Pac
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    The fact that there's a "(Fill in artist) is better than Tupac" thread made nearly every week shows that Pac is clearly the Goat.

It doesn't,it just comes form Pac being overrated. It happens to other rappers too who get (over hyped).I like all 3,but the other two made better albums.

So I guess Nas overrated Pac too? "Who's the best MCs Pac Nas and Big"
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    2Pac
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Oh, and if Pac was so overatted can somebody answer my question I been asking every time these low key Biggie appreciation threads come up? Let's go back in Time without revising history....Hit em up drops and if you are Big you got every reason to go in. He ? your wife on purpose, called your side ? you signed to your label ugly (before she ? her face up) rip through all homies in the greasiest fashion, telling the streets you working wit ? to get him shot that can and will put police on your radar, AND HE SAID HE WILL SHOOT YOUR ? KIDS!!!

If the ? so overrated and weak why didn't Big defend himself? He had every right to come back with fire and brimstone type of answer back. Instead he let down himself, his Label, and the whole east coast! ? couldna been that overrated if the ? too shook to defend himself until a ? dead (and even that was a weak sublim)

Pac died before he could respond. Hip hop in '96 was different than today. More times than not rappers today respond back to each other and put out diss tracks at a faster frequency. Back then rappers waited til their albums to drop to release a diss (for the most part). Pac dissed Mobb Deep in the summer and they didn't respond until months later as they were getting ready to drop their album. Kim responded to Pac months after Hit Em Up. Big responded but obviously Pac already died. I mean do you expect Big to pull a Jay Z with Super Ugly?

Great point, but when his album finally did drop , all he had was sublime :-??
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Nas
    5th Letter wrote: »

Great point, but when his album finally did drop , all he had was sublime :-??

He had no choice Tupac was dead at that point.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    2Pac
    Idk fam, cuz he had 3 months to cook up something before Pac was killed. And if he thought it would be too foul diss him after he got killed, then why still drop sublimes?
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2Pac

Word only time he mention Pac name was in that 1 song,bout if Faith had twins blah blah blah lol.
    A ? say his 44 will make sure all your kids dont grow and you didnt go in on him not 1 time?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Nas
    Idk fam, cuz he had 3 months to cook up something before Pac was killed. And if he thought it would be too foul diss him after he got killed, then why still drop sublimes?

This is chess not checkers. Why should Big respond right after Tupac considering Pac was promoting and riding high off of AEOM? Why not diss the ? when Big himself had something to promote? No one knew Tupac was going to die that quickly after Hit Em Up.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2Pac
    Let's kick up some dust
    hehe
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    ^ ? take bars and rhyme schemes so seriously, they forget about music.

This is a lame cop-out when the person in question knows their Favorited artist is outclassed lyrically.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nas
    If this was a poll in the 90's Pac wins this by a landslide but as time has passed Nas has grown and put in work, Nas is on another level lyrically and even deeper than Pac when it comes to subject matter. Unfortunantly Pac didnt make it pass 25 probably would have gotten some dope ? from a more mature Pac. Biggie aint even in this conversation IMO.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2Pac
    I've been listening to a lot of Pac lately and damn, he's so far ahead of everyone else it's crazy. Biggie, Eminem and Jay come the closest but even then it's not really close.