BLACK OWNED Businesses in your city or lil town or whatever...

Options
yellowtapesport
yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
Post em and give a description..

Maybe we can solicit a few more patrons to these establishments..

I'm trying to start patronizing more black owned businesses and I wanna move away from the idea that ? run they business like ? smh

Looking for restaurants, bars/clubs, ? to do for kids/family, etc
Looking for establishments with good reviews and great customer service..

Point me in the right direction my ?

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    Options
    If you ever in DC, gotta go to Ben's Chili Bowl. Been posted here in several threads but food is good, service is straight and place is historical. Located on Ust NW
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Full Circle Martial Arts in Forestville, MD

My son just started Kung Fu this lil spot is cool its run by a black family
    Its a lil expensive but my son likes it and classes are cool. But amazingly, classes start on time, instructors are always present with a plan..so its not like overpriced baby sitting
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I live in a small town and to my knowledge there's only a bbq joint. In the bay area there's a ton of stuff cuz of the Panthers. Idr the name but the oldest black book store in the country is in oakland.

There's directories that tell you where black businesses are tho. I'll find it and post it
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mertz Soul Food restaurant in Charlotte. The people there are really nice amd the food is great, I just wish parking was better. I also like Floyd's Soul Food.

Dupp & Swat is like a clothing store-art studio. Great place to shop in my favorite section of Charlotte(Noda)
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I live in a small town and to my knowledge there's only a bbq joint. In the bay area there's a ton of stuff cuz of the Panthers. Idr the name but the oldest black book store in the country is in oakland.

There's directories that tell you where black businesses are tho. I'll find it and post it

http://blackownedbusiness.me/BlackBusinessList
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sunset Inn - barbeque place

Mary's Lounge - restaurant & a place where the old school club at

Uncle Larry's - an upcoming restaurant that is ran by my brother in law father & his uncle. This restaurant is gradually growing & more popular for their Cajun fish, whitening fish, fish altogether. Probably the most popular restaurant of the four. This restaurant is located near downtown that grasp a lot of business, even tourists will come to the city to sample & eat there

Old Plantation - barbeque place that's been around for 20+ years. They are more popular for their chilli dogs. Their business has grown a lot. It's stationed in the hood but they get white people still. When I use eat pork then this use to be my go to place for chilli dogs.

It's alot more black business in the city but those come from the top of my head. I hate that Old Plantation hasn't expanding their franchise. I think if you have multiple years in the game with great service then you should expand.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a lot more black owned businesses than you'd think, but still not enough.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mama j's
    Croaker spot
    Careena's(Jamaican spot)
    Does dtlr/shoe city count lolol?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you ever in DC, gotta go to Ben's Chili Bowl. Been posted here in several threads but food is good, service is straight and place is historical. Located on Ust NW

that ? isn't black owned..some punjab's own it
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

that ? isn't black owned..some punjab's own it

Still historically black owned my ? but yea I guess it aint the same..
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lolo's chicken and waffles, Central and Baseline in Phoenix 1220 S Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Tay Tay's weaves and braids next to the Chinese store.