Press Conference On Afrika Bambaataa Molestation & ? !!!!!

Options

Comments

• the best 1
    the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the best 1 wrote: »
    Pt 2 Afrika Bambaataa: Child Molestation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szRtrSceIAs

Sista "Kiesha" was letting them ? know what time it is at 57:18.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Bronx River schit helps me understand WTF nas was talking bout

"Some ? ? they enemies in they ass when they catch um"
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

At the 16:40 mark, isn't this what @5grand said happened to him?

I've been telling you, getting knocked out and ? doesn't make you less of a man. What makes the man is how you react to getting knocked out and ? - castrate him.

Are you actually the light skinned guy talking at the 16:40 mark or are you one of the other victims of Afrika Bambaataa?
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ol' boy SaNeter wasn't playing around when he said they was finna take it to the streets on him. Good!

Independent Black Media Calling Afrika Bambaataa To Answer ? Allegations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6vmWhsHLXw
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the flying ? ? Im out...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's Q Tips opinion on this?
    Was KRS One touched too?
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Sista "Kiesha" was letting them ? know what time it is at 57:18.

Co-sign. Put a lil' respek on Sista Keyshia* name though.
  • the best 1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Part 3 of Press Conference On Afrika Bambaataa Molestation

LOL @ 7:21.... Young Pharaoh said "The Zulu Nation... we don't expect yall to check Bambaataa because you didn't do it... you ain't gone do it... so we gone catch his ass!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6dnnCuHAbU
  • the best 1
    Options
    Ra Profit: Spit Fire On Afrika Bambaataa & Tell His Story Of His Child Being Molested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7fI-dQgzrY
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd honestly like to hear Lord Jamar's take on all this
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bam probably got hold of Baby Bam from Jungle Brothers because for a minute dude was on some weirdo cross dressing ?
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    What's Q Tips opinion on this?
    Was KRS One touched too?
    Krs 1 was sounding like he was down with it

http://www.vladtv.com/article/217953/krs-one-clarifies-statement-on-afrika-bambaataa-molestation-rumors"]vladtv.com/article/217953/krs-one-clarifies-statement-on-afrika-bambaataa-molestation-rumors

Controversy has been surrounding Afrika Bambaataa over allegations that he molested children, and KRS-One was thrown into the mix after commenting on the situation. The veteran rapper told N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN during a Drink Champs podcast,
    "For me if you keep it Hip Hop, nothing can be taken away from Afrika Bambaataa. ... But if you want to dig into dude's personal life and accusations that's being made and so on. Personally — me personally – I don't give a f***. Look, if somebody was harmed or whatever, y'all gotta deal with that s***. Deal with it. That don't stop Hip Hop. That don't stop what you did for Hip Hop. It don't take away none of it. History is history. But deal with that. That's personal."

After his comments went live KRS-1 felt like his words were misconstrued, so he sent out an official statemet to clarify on his website. When it comes to the molestation allegations, the "Black Cop" rapper explained,
    "Of course, I care if a young person is being abused or even neglected, my entire life is based upon the protection and further development of young people; I teach and inspire young people every day!"

He added,
    "But, as you can see, irresponsible headlines like 'KRS-1 Doesn't Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids,' and trying to turn a funny song I did years ago into some kind of question regarding my character is precisely the type of sensationalist gossip which I really don't give a f*** about! Let us have Focus And Ignore These Haters. I said then as I am saying right now, it is not that I don't care at all about the accusations made against Afrika Bambaataa; I am saddened at the whole controversy and how it is being handled."

The full statement reads:
    "I have just arrived in Barcelona; sorry for the delay. In response to the responses and comments made after my interview with Nore, I am taking this time to clarify some of my statements to those that seem to be confused about my remarks regarding the controversy surrounding Afrika Bambaataa. One headline that I had read stated "KRS-1 Doesn't Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids". Wow! Really? Fortunately, anyone can go to the audio and/or video recording of my entire interview with Nore and see for themselves just how irresponsible such headlines are. It seems that people will say anything these days to draw attention to their site.

I am indeed concerned about the accusations made against Afrika Bambaataa, but I will not become entangled in a controversy that seems to be less about justice and more about self-promotion and revenge. Of course, I care if a young person is being abused or even neglected, my entire life is based upon the protection and further development of young people; I teach and inspire young people every day! But, as you can see, irresponsible headlines like "KRS-One Doesn't Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids", and trying to turn a funny song I did years ago into some kind of question regarding my character is precisely the type of sensationalist gossip which I really don't give a f*** about! Let us have Focus And Ignore These Haters.

I said then as I am saying right now, it is not that I don't care at all about the accusations made against Afrika Bambaataa; I am saddened at the whole controversy and how it is being handled. It is not that I don't care, it is more the fact that I don't gossip, I don't take sides in real disputes that don't concern me, I don't slander people's names and I don't believe in abandoning your friends when they may be accused of crimes or make mistakes in life. What is so confusing about that? My position is clear! At this moment, all I am seeing and hearing regarding Afrika Bambaataa is gossip and sensationalism, and like I have already said, 'I really don't give a f*** about all that!' I don't apply my mind to gossip and slander. Slandering the accused for the sake of slander is not justice, nor is it the seeking of justice. I would like to see justice and healing for both the accusers as well as for the accused. But continuous slander and disrespect are not healing anyone or even correcting the situation. Disrespect and slander is NEVER an indicator that true justice is being sought. Disrespect and outright slander proves personal vendettas and revenge against the slandered, and I don't participate in such immaturity, nor am I naïve to political set-ups and character assassinations.

Instead of using one's mind and time to gossip about Afrika Bambaataa, I think we should look closely at what it means to hate. There is no forgiveness, justice or healing on any level when hate is involved. Hate is also a federal crime, as well as a spiritual disease. There is no victory with hate, and hate is what is leading the charge against Afrika Bambaataa; not justice or even healing or reconciliation. Only love conquers all! And within the character of love is forgiveness, and healing, and loyalty; this is what is needed at this time. Hate reveals itself for what it really is—evil! It cannot see clearly so it exposes itself at every turn, and those that truly love can see it. Hate is indeed self-destructive, and this is what real Hip Hop must avoid at all cost. Only love sees clearly. Only love is consistent because only love is UNCONDITIONAL. Love shows us the full life of the accused; not just the accusations brought against the accused.

So in closing, I would ask that you not expect KRS-1 to seriously lend his mind to such sensational issues when there are larger, and frankly more serious, issues concerning the future and global existence of Hip Hop. Issues pertaining to the correct documentation and updating of Hip Hop's global history, the colonization of Hip Hop by the university system, Hip Hop and Healthcare, Hip Hop and Education, Hip Hop and urban policing, Hip Hop's relationship to the White House, Hip Hop recognized as an American-born culture with federal protection and its own tax benefits, more touring and recording opportunities for our youth, our Hip Hop City, and so on. These are the things that serious Hip Hop scholars, artists and journalists are discussing. And by the way, Nore and I did discuss other issues pertaining to song-writing and my present battle with M.C. Shan, to police misconduct and creating a Hip Hop currency, but for some reason the controversies surrounding Afrika Bambaataa is what our entire conversation has been reduced to with deliberately disrespectful statements like 'KRS-1 Doesn't Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids' as the main focus of our interview. This whole thing is childish and immature, and this is precisely why our community remains in the powerless state we find ourselves within today. Am I the only one that sees this? I think it's time we grew-up!

Serious students and apprentice of our culture can review paragraphs 20 through 29 of the Eleventh Overstanding of the Gospel of Hip Hop pages 470 and 471 for further insight on this matter. During Hip Hop Appreciation Week (May 16th—22nd 2016), I will also be releasing a special instructional video entitled 'An Introduction To Hip Hop' for those interested in upgrading their teaching of Hip Hop; go to KRS-One.com for viewing. And of course, check-out my new music project 'Now Hear This' with two new bonus tracks also available at KRS-One.com. This is what's important, not gossip and slander with no attempt at real justice. Instead of seriously tearing each other down, let us consider seriously building each other up! Guard your soul; seek peace always."
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd honestly like to hear Lord Jamar's take on all this

Jamar spoke on it with Star earlier. He wasn't down with the nonsense and even mentioned that Zulu and the 5% nation had static in the streets even though as a artist, he had respect for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQr-Uwd-MnQ
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Bam probably got hold of Baby Bam from Jungle Brothers because for a minute dude was on some weirdo cross dressing ?

This was said in the 1st or 2nd youtube clip by ole boy that aired out his experience initially.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I realized yesterday the same thing happened to dr York, he was guilty but not for what they accused him of
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So nobody is seeing him around NY by now?
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been telling you, getting knocked out and ? doesn't make you less of a man. What makes the man is how you react to getting knocked out and ? - castrate him.

Let's not do this again to this thread also...
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's not do this again to this thread also...

Lol, but the video in the OP, and NAS song corroborated what he said though
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lisa Evers of Fox 5 news is gonna have a sit down with Bambaataa tonight @ 10pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhV756zKAAI

Afrika Bambataa Once Again Denies Ever Sexually Abusing Anybody

Read More: Afrika Bambataa Denies Ever Sexually Abusing Anybody - XXL |
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/05/afrika-bambaataa-denies-sexual-abuse/?trackback=tsmclip

In a new interview with Fox 5 set to air tonight at 10 P.M. E.S.T., Afrika Bambaataa denies allegations that he sexually abused kids.

“I never abused nobody,” he tells Lisa Evers in the first part of the interview, which will premiere after tonight’s episode of Empire. “It was definitely hurting and definitely crazy to hear this now when I was doing so many other works in the community at the time,” he continues.

Though Bambaataa issued a statement to Rolling Stone weeks back, this is the first time he’s sitting down for an in-person interview.

When asked about those spreading the allegations, Bambaataa gives a confusing answer. “Many of the people never want to speak to my other members who were of that era. They just going along with he say, she say…what they call gossip.” His sentiments echo what KRS-One said about how “truth is not information.”

This past week, it was announced that Bambaataa had been removed as the leader of the Zulu Nation. When asked about that, he simply says, “I will always carry the banner and flag of the Universal Zulu Nation.”

Tune in to Fox 5 tonight at 10 to watch the first part of their exclusive interview.