Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Samples, producers, anyone who played instruments on the record all get songwriting credits.

HE's NOT LISTED ANYWHERE!!!

3ebyy9q5y2d6.png

No Kawan...nowhere

Read this. Unless one of them come out and say exactly what he did, we won't know but just cause he got that award doesn't mean he wrote the whole damn song.

http://lawyerdrummer.com/resources/what-constitutes-songwriting-the-million-dollar-question-in-the-music-biz/

Without knowing what he did its impossible to know what he did and did not write.

Ok so tweet them, email them, write them a letter or something and ask. Until then he was "apart" of the song.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow....and the fuckery continues.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did that ? do? Somebody tell me...

How was he involved in Alright?

Lmao if you're not stanning for Kendrick then these ? are gonna ignore your words

I'm more disappointed that Kendrick even needed a ghostwriter for that simple-ass mediocre-ass track tbh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This thread is going to explode.... I know Cube wrote for a lot of rappers but it wouldn't surprise me to learn Cube had some help here and there. More rappers will be "exposed" for writing. It's entertainment but in Hip-Hop I swear personas are taken at face value as "the truth" despite the fact most ppl know better than to believe what they see.

Back in the early 90s l there was some talk out here in the Bay that Del the Funky Homosapien was writing some of Cube's rhymes

mister dobolina

mister bob doboina

mister dobolina
    mister bob dobolina
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vlad a certified ? ?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll care when various reference tracks for GKMC, Section 80, TPaB and uu come out.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have any input in the lyrics....a bar to the chorus you can get writing credits....I doubt if cats wrote Cubes verses.....
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Video of Cube himself saying Del wrote on Gangsta fairytale. ..this interviews over 25 years old

.....5:40 mark

http://youtu.be/FSZLQWiKidk

Welp! Cross off Cube from all GOAT lists. ? don't even pen his own ? . ? run out of rhymes and hit up they mans... Ol' can I use a lifeline ass ? .

Cube still on my GOAT list. We dont know to what degree Cube had outside input on his songs. Plus the fact he mentions it so freely as if to maybe say, im giving credit to one of the few to assist me.

Plus the top notch social commentary he added to the game was priceless.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    ..IF KDOT WINS A GRAMMY FOR THE SONG, THEN ANNNNNNYBODY WHO HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SONG WINS ALSO.. DUDE COULD HAVE SIMPLY MADE THE BEAT, HOOK OR ANYTHIN.. DOESNT MEAN HE WROTE THE SONG

See you say that. I thought that too but when i went to the song info dude is NOT LISTED at all. he not the producer, he listed as "songwriter" so he wrote the song.
    12fpe9ds2u6k.png

z6ybgdi0vkxt.png

Im very disappoint. Disappoint as ? .

...OK.. EVEN DOE WE KNOW DRAKE GOT A GHOST WRITTER... CHECK THIS OUT, KIA SHYNE GOT A GRAMMY FROM DRAKE CAUSE DRAKE USED LIKE HALF A LINE FROM DUDE.... SO I GUESS IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT

U ? jus want to give kendrick a pass
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kawan prather spoke on this before though, specifically these lyrics he spit

I can dig rappin'
    But a rapper with a ghost writer? What the ? happened?
    (Oh no!)
    I swore I wouldn't tell
    But most of y'all sharing bars
    Like you got the bottom bunk in a two-man cell
    (A two-man cell?)

Even if he (Kawan) didnt write that, it's ironic that another man won a Grammy for writing credits on this song... In reality there is nothing wrong with someone inspiring you or giving you an idea for a story to rap about, but its really wack when ? feed you bars.. Like Cyhi and Kanye. That is supposed to be the skill of hip hop, your wit, its not like ? were writing amazing metaphors and punchlines for Eazy, it was basic 1-2-3, im a g ? ... It's different when you want people to view as some dope ass rapper and you really just nodding your head to good ideas from your team.

I mean I guess it's the equivalent to President's having speech writers, they get all the love because of their delivery but in reality they are just voicing the opinions of their handlers, saying whatever will get a good reaction, not what's on their minds.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    What did that ? do? Somebody tell me...

How was he involved in Alright?

Lmao if you're not stanning for Kendrick then these ? are gonna ignore your words

I'm more disappointed that Kendrick even needed a ghostwriter for that simple-ass mediocre-ass track tbh

There's nothing saying he ghostwrote the entire track either...especially if he got a Grammy. Ghostwriting is secret...a grammy is public as ?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This thread is going to explode.... I know Cube wrote for a lot of rappers but it wouldn't surprise me to learn Cube had some help here and there. More rappers will be "exposed" for writing. It's entertainment but in Hip-Hop I swear personas are taken at face value as "the truth" despite the fact most ppl know better than to believe what they see.

Back in the early 90s l there was some talk out here in the Bay that Del the Funky Homosapien was writing some of Cube's rhymes

Supposedly Del wrote Gansta's Fairytale from Amerikkka's Most Wanted.
  • smp4life
    Options
    Isn't del and cube cousins ??

yes.
  • smp4life
    Options
    I wouldn't be shocked if Mack 10 and WC have written for Cube in the past and vice versa.
  • smp4life
    edited May 2016
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Samples, producers, anyone who played instruments on the record all get songwriting credits.

Not true. Most musicians are hired to play on a record on a work-for-hire basis and don't get any song writing credits. A producer might say, hey I want you to lay down a funky bass-line like bootsy on this one. Even if the bass player is basically coming up with the bass-line, that's not considered writing. Same for drums, guitar solos, etc.. Of course, you can be like "hey I think I deserve a song-writing credit for this", and that's when they replace you with another player. This is kind of what happened with Pork Chop when he laid musical tracks on Snoop's stuff with Dre.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    Speaking of people writing songs I saw this last week on the gram

tumblr_mxyyffZW9K1rhly2xo1_r1_400.gif
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sidebar... I'm watching this long ass Drake/Zane Lowe interview, and I'm about to click out this ? unless there's any mention of the ghostwriting ? . Do they talk about it at any point?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kats got the game ? up I can tell most of yall do not understand the writing and production process. In a Studio you hear a beat you are vibing you spit some lines and your homeboy may be like why do you not add in this word or phrase into that ? to make the ? a little hotter. You wrote the verse but homie helped you expand the topic or verbiage so they are a considered a cowriter. Back in the day it was not a big a thing as now as kats were given whole verses or someone would write full bars that got incorporated into a verse for a track to help tie it in or up. The cypher format is about that building off of vibe...

Master of Ceremonies, Microphone Controller in the end written for you by you or for someone else if you cannot spit it right you are not a MC...
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's 2016, Cube hasn't been a relevant rapper since 1996. No one cares.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

Maybe so, but I just watched Barbershop 3 a few days ago so he's still relevant and there's a lot of people who care or this thread wouldn't be 3 pages.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    grYmes wrote: »

Maybe so, but I just watched Barbershop 3 a few days ago so he's still relevant and there's a lot of people who care or this thread wouldn't be 3 pages.

Strictly as a rapper he's not. I ? with Cube but let's be real here. He's pretty much an actor now. The stuff he did in the late 80s and early 90s is unfuckwithable. That being said, he's been more and more into acting as less into making music. So if people really in a tissy if he did or did not have ghostwriters I say put your energy into something else.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Del The Funky Homosapian is underrated