Drake about to give Joe Budden 5minutes of fame UPDATED 16/05/16: Joe Budden to retire?

Options

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope it happens just to hear a quality diss against drake
    He deserves it
    No ? should be able to say "if I ain't the best I'm coming for who is" on every promo single to every album and not get dissed
    Literally every promo or "street" single for every drake album has him saying this ?
    Usually during the wack ass slowed down part of the song with the sped up soul sample in the background
    Y'all know how drake do
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I guess it could also not be a diss and just a shoutout considered just how much of a drake stan Joe budden is, seriously in his latest podcast he dickrides drake almost as hard as bcotton stans for wayne, for about and hour.
    ? was disgusting to hear.

He spent the whole podcast yelling "He's a genius. He's the golden child"
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake ain't ? Common Sense, let's just say at that time his 'Stay Schemin' verse consolidated his place, Com also had some hard bars

But why y'all negros in y'all feelings? How we know the French and Drake track a diss? Y'all hyping this track up, when I bet it just a mention by Drake noting he heard what Joe said in the podcast. Remember they're friends, and Drizzy is calculated af, he'd know not to come at Joe, that's lyrical suicide
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Y'all negroes have witnessed billion dollar companies, government officials, whole cities, and countries get behind Drake to push him to a win and y'all think Joe Budden has a chance? Word? Atleast Meek was poppin at the time. That whole Meek situation should have already shown y'all it's a pop contest. Wouldn't have mattered what Meek dropped and it won't matter what Budden drops. Drake is the New England Patriots. No matter how much you hate them these muhfuckas STILL win.

Meek did that to himself tho how you gonna start the beef get dissed say nothing get dissed again worse than the 1st time then drop a Wack response. 7yrs later you drop a decent one but no one cares. Meek did it to himself

Bruh "say nothing"? You do know that whole thing happened in like the span of a week right? Like I said it wouldn't have mattered WHAT Meek dropped. Stans will be stans. Meek never stood a chance from jump. Yea Meek started it, but the internet damn sure finished it. None of the tracks in that whole thing warranted how Meek Mill got done. This society so quick to roast and give someone an L
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Options
    Y'all negroes have witnessed billion dollar companies, government officials, whole cities, and countries get behind Drake to push him to a win and y'all think Joe Budden has a chance? Word? Atleast Meek was poppin at the time. That whole Meek situation should have already shown y'all it's a pop contest. Wouldn't have mattered what Meek dropped and it won't matter what Budden drops. Drake is the New England Patriots. No matter how much you hate them these muhfuckas STILL win.

Meek did that to himself tho how you gonna start the beef get dissed say nothing get dissed again worse than the 1st time then drop a Wack response. 7yrs later you drop a decent one but no one cares. Meek did it to himself

Bruh "say nothing"? You do know that whole thing happened in like the span of a week right? Like I said it wouldn't have mattered WHAT Meek dropped. Stans will be stans. Meek never stood a chance from jump. Yea Meek started it, but the internet damn sure finished it. None of the tracks in that whole thing warranted how Meek Mill got done. This society so quick to roast and give someone an L

Wrong my ? this is hip hop, Nas still came back from Takeover, LL still came back from 2nd round KO and Eazy came back from Dre Day. Just admit Drake cooked him with Back 2 Back. He didn't think ? through in the beef, before attacking Drake, he should have had some fire in the chamber at least
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    you know what. i'm with shenco on this. Joe could deliver a 5 star ether esque track and would still lose. I could name countless ? who shat on Kendrick after the control ? and no one gave a ? . stans and popularity play heavy on the rap beef ? .

drake handled meek in every possible way though. but i think it wouyld have never mattered anyway
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    you know what. i'm with shenco on this. Joe could deliver a 5 star ether esque track and would still lose. I could name countless ? who shat on kendrick after the control ? and no one gave a ? .

But was Control a real diss? No, it was more of a "step yo game up ? " lyrically
  • CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    People are reaching for this to be a diss or drama. Joe gave constructive criticism, if people actually listened to his podcast you would know his is a Drake super fan and was expressing that he wants greatness from Drake.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

Wrong my ? this is hip hop, Nas still came back from Takeover, LL still came back from 2nd round KO and Eazy came back from Dre Day. Just admit Drake cooked him with Back 2 Back. He didn't think ? through in the beef, before attacking Drake, he should have had some fire in the chamber at least

All those happened in a vastly different time period. This happened in 2015 my dude. We got twitter now. We got instagram now. We got photoshop now. Like I said in that Meek vs Drake thread, let three months of memes and twitter jokes go by between Takeover and a response. ? wouldn't have had time to listen to Ether. Public perception would have already been formed and the judgment would have been brought down.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

100 @ the bold

It wouldn't matter how lyrically dope the diss records are it'd ultimately turn into a popularity contest and social media memes.

It def would matter how dope the disses were. Outside of all that meme ? , Meeks diss was trash, while sonically and entertainingly drake was, at the very least, more memorable.

Now if you talking about budden, that's a different story.... Mainly because he is more funny, witty, and crafty than most emcees and certainly more than meek, who is one dimensional. If the diss hits, which it will, then some of drake's shine will be tarnished. Plus, Joe budden has a podcast and can constantly tell his side and get in on blogs and on radio in a way that meek simply didn't do.

Given how Joe is, and his ability to be funny on tweets and on interviews and his podcasts... He can definitely avoid the meek fate.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah man if meek would've dropped that bs diss right behind charged up and then drake dropped back to back then meek with war paint, it's a completely different battle, granted this is hindsight because how long it took for war paint. But i still say meek put the rope around his neck and kicked the chair himself
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Joe budden criticizes every other Drake album tho....

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joey got bars on deck if Drake even pump fake

Y'all really think Joe's scared of the internet? ! dude spent years on the Internet with that chick, had his own site, and been on reality TV ......what's to be scared of ...memes? Nobody remember the ice on the eye memes ? Nobody remember the kickball memes?

Nobody remember when Joe said something about meek on his podcast and Meeks tried to diss Joe on twitter ......Joe said to meek, "you're not strong enough on the mic to try me" meek ain't say nothing after that .....Nicki tried to come help

drake might think he can pull off a popularity contest but on the mic, Joey is respected in the industry .....that might sway the vote
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake gonna sing a diss? The nikka clearly don't wanna rap
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2016
    Options

Again meek never had no intention on battling Kirby & his ghostwriters..... Drake is not worthy of a battle cuz he don't write all his raps....meek made a mistake letting social media bait him in2 dropping a sub par diss.... regardless tho Meeks Twitter fingers ethered drakes dreams of bein top 5 & the nu j of hip hop...meek may have lost the so called battle he ain't take serious but he won the war cuz everybody know Quentin Miller is milli vanilli
    I don't even read gee 757 posts now..I just hit feelings as a reflex

Mods ban this male stalking cracka that cracka can't just hit negative reactions 4 nothing
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

Nah man if meek would've dropped that bs diss right behind charged up and then drake dropped back to back then meek with war paint, it's a completely different battle, granted this is hindsight because how long it took for war paint. But i still say meek put the rope around his neck and kicked the chair himself

I will have to disagree seeing as though War Pain is most effective in the context of Summer Sixteen bruh. That ? turned into a pop contest and so would this. Yea Meek started it, but billion dollar companies, government officials, whole cities, and countries was on Drake's side in that ? . Y'all can say what y'all want about doing this or doing that, but at the end of the day once social media made up their mind it was over.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe gonna have to do better than this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrhxmgyjAqc
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Folks in here saying Lil B washed Joe, but y'all think dude has a chance against Drake: a more talented rapper with a wider and more loyal fanbase? Prolly worked with Cube so to them this a rubix.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Folks in here saying Lil B washed Joe, but y'all think dude has a chance against Drake: a more talented rapper with a wider and more loyal fanbase? Prolly worked with Cube so to them this a rubix.

To be fair, i was trolling. Joe laughed the situation off and Lil b apologized the next day. So we don't know what a Joey diss would have done to the Based ? .
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I HATE DRAKE, BUT ? JOE TOO...
    BOTH OF THESE CATS ARE FRAIL & BUTT...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Drake better enjoy this joy ride now cuz when it's all said & dun he's gonna have 2 face the fact that he's milli vanilli & he will never b top 5 cuz he got ghostwriters on deck n tents & he's gonna have 2 speak on that & it could get ugly....& b4 u goofy delusional weirdo JAFAKING Canadian sicko Kirby lovers say I'm hatin dispute wat I'm saying cuz it's all facts not 1 ounce of hate I can't help wit the nicknames cuz they r so fitting 4 Drake lol