On the job discrimination lets discuss it......

Options
texas409
texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone here ever been discriminated against on the job. whether direct or indirect, and how did you handle it? Texas is the leading state in America with discrimination suits and the number keeps growing daily. Types of discrimination are as follows:

Equal Pay/Compensation
Genetic Information
Harassment
National Origin
Pregnancy
Race/Color
Religion
Retaliation
Sex
Sexual Harassment

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't get a job once because I had a felony...I actually got hired for the job and when the fingerprints came in they called me in and was like HELL NO..they had the FBI background check and that ? was like a ? motion of discovery with all charges on it whether I was convicted or them ? was dropped or whatever AND I had put on the application all the ? I was convicted of and they went and looked at my application and came back with the Shaq face like 'OK, but still..' lol

Thats gotta be some type of discrimation, right?
  • texas409
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't get a job once because I had a felony...I actually got hired for the job and when the fingerprints came in they called me in and was like HELL NO..they had the FBI background check and that ? was like a ? motion of discovery with all charges on it whether I was convicted or them ? was dropped or whatever AND I had put on the application all the ? I was convicted of and they went and looked at my application and came back with the Shaq face like 'OK, but still..' lol

Thats gotta be some type of discrimation, right?

nah not really it says when applying that employers have the right to not hire felons based off of what type of felonies you might have. Discrimination in this case would be if they denied you but hired a person of another color with the same felony as you and yall both have the same qualifications for the job
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discrimination against felons should be number one on the list but because people can't sue its not considered discrimination. That ? happens more than anything else when it comes to workplace discrimination.

There are even places that lowkey extort felons. They make the felon pay a kickback to keep his job. There are places where felons are only hired under the table for lower wages than if they were in payroll. There are places where felons are made to work longer under threat of losing a job too.

Losing a job to a felon is different than anyone else as usually holding a job is a condition of parole.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Didn't some states have a 'remove the box' initiative that would require employers to remove the question about convictions from an application altogether..what happened to that?

Also, remember when employers didn't give a ? about Misdemeanors? Even them ? will stop you from getting a job nowadays smh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ur fat ass keeps making this thread!!!

Stoo being lazy ? ! Eatn coworkers lunch n log off the ic
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Im all for fighting the judicial system to overturn incorrect and bogus charges. As well as fighting law enforcement

But by the time it gets to an employer im not losin sleep for somebody with a recent felony who cant get a certain job. If its been 10+ years thats different. But if u 25 with a felony from last year go rehabilitate your ass somehwere else im not hiring you lls Tough love nh This the real world, actions have consequences. Some of yall ? think like children
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Im all for fighting the judicial system to overturn incorrect and bogus charges. As well as fighting law enforcement

But by the time it gets to an employer im not losin sleep for somebody with a recent felony who cant get a certain job. If its been 10+ years thats different. But if u 25 with a felony from last year go rehabilitate your ass somehwere else im not hiring you lls Tough love nh This the real world, actions have consequences. Some of yall ? think like children

Square ? tough-typing on the 'net post
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

o65b1xwgq0cs.jpg

How u gone be 25 with a felony from last year and still be free, and out looking for a job
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Yes ...equal pay for equal work

? Greg Abbot and Ken Paxton

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't been personally, but I'm about to start putting pressure on Automation Personnel.

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/alabama-temp-agency-to-keep-discrimination-probe-results-secret/
    Earlier this year, Stephen Nordness pledged “real-life changes” at his Alabama-based temp agency, Automation Personnel Services Inc.

Nordness was responding to a Reveal investigation that found rampant discrimination at his company, which provides temporary employees to industrial employers throughout the South. Whether Automation’s customers wanted only white workers or only Latinos, only men or only young people, the temp agency was happy to oblige, according to dozens of former employees. Black workers often were hit hardest by the illegal practice.

Just days after the story ran in The Birmingham News, Nordness, Automation’s president and CEO, vowed to get to the bottom of it by hiring an outside firm to investigate.

“I’m not someone that is going to look at this and try to sweep it under the carpet,” Nordness said in a January interview.

Last week, however, Automation’s vice president, Randy Watts, said the investigation had concluded and the results would “remain confidential.” He did not provide any details.

The company, Watts wrote in a short statement, “remains committed to hiring the most qualified workers available and contributing millions of dollars to local economies in the 33 locations we serve across the U.S.”

In March, Nordness wrote to Reveal that he was going to meet with the outside investigator shortly.

“After the meeting I will gladly give you a complete list of changes we have implemented,” he wrote.

Instead, Watts subsequently wrote by email, “We can say that we are reviewing and assessing our next steps and remain committed to being a first-in-class employer of choice and promoting a workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment.”

Michelle Clemon, a local human resources consultant hired by Automation, told Reveal that she did conduct an investigation but would not comment further.

After Reveal’s story, Automation also set up an employee complaint hotline through the Texas-based firm Employment Practices Solutions. The number is 1-800-837-6855. Automation did not respond to questions about the complaints it has received so far.

Will Evans can be reached at wevans@cironline.org. Follow him on Twitter: @willCIR.

http://www.legalreader.com/automation-personnel-services-inc-accused-of-discriminatory-practices/
    Stephen Nordness, owner of Automation Personnel Services, Inc., an Alabama based temporary agency, claimed that changes would be made in his organization.

In his statement, Nordness was responding to an allegation that turned up rampant discrimination at his company. Whether Automation’s customers wanted only white workers, only Latinos, only men, or only young people, the temporary agency was happy to oblige, according to dozens of former employees. Black workers were profoundly affected by the illegal practice.

Just days after the allegations, Automation’s president and CEO vowed to get to the bottom of it by hiring an outside firm to investigate.

“I’m not someone that is going to look at this and try to sweep it under the carpet,” Nordness said in an interview.

However, Automation’s vice president, Randy Watts, said the investigation had concluded and the results would “remain confidential.” He did not provide any details.

“The company remains committed to hiring the most qualified workers available and contributing millions of dollars to local economies in the 33 locations we serve across the U.S,” said Watts in a statement.

In March 2016, Nordness wrote that he was going to meet with the outside investigator.

“After the meeting I will gladly give you a complete list of changes we have implemented,” he wrote.

Instead, Watts subsequently wrote by email, “We can say that we are reviewing and assessing our next steps and remain committed to being a first-in-class employer of choice and promoting a workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment.”

Michelle Clemon, a local human resources consultant hired by Automation, said that she did conduct an investigation but would not comment further.

Automation also set up an employee complaint hotline through the Texas-based firm, Employment Practices Solutions. The number is 1-800-837-6855. Automation did not respond to questions about the complaints it has received so far.

Source: Alabama temp agency to keep discrimination probe results secret
    “I’m not someone that is going to look at this and try to sweep it under the carpet,” Nordness said in a January interview.

Last week, however, Automation’s vice president, Randy Watts, said the investigation had concluded and the results would “remain confidential.” He did not provide any details.

I'm going to try an put pressure on the CEO of Automation Personnel to release the findings of his "so called" investigation and to release the names of the employers requesting these discriminatory practices.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

o65b1xwgq0cs.jpg

How u gone be 25 with a felony from last year and still be free, and out looking for a job

lol yo this ? just like to see himself type. Take what he says with a grain of salt haha.
  • S2J
    Options

Square ? tough-typing on the 'net post

I got that job tho.

0e9.jpg

• S2J
    edited May 2016
    Options

o65b1xwgq0cs.jpg

U know what. ...i dont know? !?! I dont have any felonies

jay-z-laugh-o.gif

Only ? ? feel obligated to cape for that ? -up lifestyle. ? em
  • texas409
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Ur fat ass keeps making this thread!!!

Stoo being lazy ? ! Eatn coworkers lunch n log off the ic

make me a burrito ?
  • texas409
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    I haven't been personally, but I'm about to start putting pressure on Automation Personnel.

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/alabama-temp-agency-to-keep-discrimination-probe-results-secret/
    Earlier this year, Stephen Nordness pledged “real-life changes” at his Alabama-based temp agency, Automation Personnel Services Inc.

Nordness was responding to a Reveal investigation that found rampant discrimination at his company, which provides temporary employees to industrial employers throughout the South. Whether Automation’s customers wanted only white workers or only Latinos, only men or only young people, the temp agency was happy to oblige, according to dozens of former employees. Black workers often were hit hardest by the illegal practice.

Just days after the story ran in The Birmingham News, Nordness, Automation’s president and CEO, vowed to get to the bottom of it by hiring an outside firm to investigate.

The company, Watts wrote in a short statement, “remains committed to hiring the most qualified workers available and contributing millions of dollars to local economies in the 33 locations we serve across the U.S.”

In March, Nordness wrote to Reveal that he was going to meet with the outside investigator shortly.

Michelle Clemon, a local human resources consultant hired by Automation, told Reveal that she did conduct an investigation but would not comment further.

After Reveal’s story, Automation also set up an employee complaint hotline through the Texas-based firm Employment Practices Solutions. The number is 1-800-837-6855. Automation did not respond to questions about the complaints it has received so far.

Will Evans can be reached at wevans@cironline.org. Follow him on Twitter: @willCIR.

http://www.legalreader.com/automation-personnel-services-inc-accused-of-discriminatory-practices/
    Stephen Nordness, owner of Automation Personnel Services, Inc., an Alabama based temporary agency, claimed that changes would be made in his organization.

In his statement, Nordness was responding to an allegation that turned up rampant discrimination at his company. Whether Automation’s customers wanted only white workers, only Latinos, only men, or only young people, the temporary agency was happy to oblige, according to dozens of former employees. Black workers were profoundly affected by the illegal practice.

Just days after the allegations, Automation’s president and CEO vowed to get to the bottom of it by hiring an outside firm to investigate.

“I’m not someone that is going to look at this and try to sweep it under the carpet,” Nordness said in an interview.

However, Automation’s vice president, Randy Watts, said the investigation had concluded and the results would “remain confidential.” He did not provide any details.

“The company remains committed to hiring the most qualified workers available and contributing millions of dollars to local economies in the 33 locations we serve across the U.S,” said Watts in a statement.

In March 2016, Nordness wrote that he was going to meet with the outside investigator.

Michelle Clemon, a local human resources consultant hired by Automation, said that she did conduct an investigation but would not comment further.

Automation also set up an employee complaint hotline through the Texas-based firm, Employment Practices Solutions. The number is 1-800-837-6855. Automation did not respond to questions about the complaints it has received so far.

I'm going to try an put pressure on the CEO of Automation Personnel to release the findings of his "so called" investigation and to release the names of the employers requesting these discriminatory practices.

damn good read
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

damn good read

This is just 1 case with unknown number of employers. I can't even imagine how many others are following these practices. I definitely don't think it's right to with hold that kind of information from the public, because if any of those employers are receiving my tax money or if I'm giving them business, I got a problem with that.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All Temp agencies should be investigated. There is a bunch low key discrimination they do.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got denied a job once because I have a gang of Misdemeanors.

Got fired from another gig because they wanted me to shave (I had a goatee) and they wanted me to either be clean-shaven, or keep a mustache.

? looking like "Foo-man-choo", I grew a Kimbo Slice beard, and stayed unemployed for a year.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got denied a job once because I have a gang of Misdemeanors.

Got fired from another gig because they wanted me to shave (I had a goatee) and they wanted me to either be clean-shaven, or keep a mustache.

? looking like "Foo-man-choo", I grew a Kimbo Slice beard, and stayed unemployed for a year.

word, you showed them!
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black folks act different when it comes to the white boss and the black boss. Both could have the same leadership attributes but black subordinates will go harder for the white boss than they will for the black boss.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black folks act different when it comes to the white boss and the black boss. Both could have the same leadership attributes but black subordinates will go harder for the white boss than they will for the black boss.

Multi generational engraved inferiority complex, or conversely an engraved white superiority complex.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's something in the news about a ? was told to go home and get high heels otherwise she can't work for the company. So she went to the papers screaming sexual discrimination, " I can't believe in 2016 women still have to wear heels, blah blah blah". I'm sitting here thinking, discrimination? ? that's a ? uniform. If that's what your company expects you to wear and you don't wanna wear it....Leave ? . I have to wear a tie every damn day, I don't wanna wear a tie but I wanna get paid. Or can I call discrimination that men are expected to wear ties to work in 2016.