Lord Jamar: Glad O.J. Simpson was Found Not Guilty in 1997...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IC2DEHc9dU
Lord Jamar and DJ Vlad recently chopped it up for a live VladTV event, and the Brand Nubian rapper shared his thoughts on Bomani Jones' remake of the Cleveland Indians shirt, which read "Caucasians." The ESPN host wore the shirt to draw attention to the racism in sports logos, and Lord Jamar backed up Jones by saying the logos promote the systemic racism in our country.

After revealing that he identified with the Indian logos as a kid because of their darker skin, Lord Jamar went on to speak about looking up to athletes like O.J. Simpson, which led to a conversation about the hit mini series "The People Vs. O.J. Simpson." Lord Jamar admitted that he was happy about O.J. being found not guilty for murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, even though he believed O.J. murdered his ex-wife. He explained that it was one of the first times he saw a Black man get off on a case where many believed he was guilty.

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't OJ found not guilty in 95?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its pretty amazing how obvious and straight forward Jamar's opinions, and the topics they talk about, are

This society and pop culture is so far removed from wisdom and things that mean ? . So its weird to me when people like Jamar get on Vlad or Breakfast Ckub and just speak common sense peopmle be like 'yo he ws dropping jewels'. Man that should be common sense lls
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im glad the tide is turning on this site & that people are showing more respect for Jamar and what he gotta say.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Its pretty amazing how obvious and straight forward Jamar's opinions, and the topics they talk about, are

This society and pop culture is so far removed from wisdom and things that mean ? . So its weird to me when people like Jamar get on Vlad or Breakfast Ckub and just speak common sense peopmle be like 'yo he ws dropping jewels'. Man that should be common sense lls

im curious why you say this.

is wisdom something that is promoted...

especially on this site.

more people gravitate towards exposures, negative sometimes untrue detail about someone, or want to stay in a certain realm of thinking without expanding there thought process on other topics.

do you not engage in this behavior, yourself?

someone can post 30 thread about random articles yet 2 threads can define someone. why is that?

is it because we want to see someone fall even tho it goes against conventional wisdom and intelligence?

cant be for entertainment because we have alot of other ? to entertain us.

even someone wanting to exercise his mind by taking a stand against something he believes for a simple debate , can make someone say...your option doesnt hold weight because you just want to debate.

so who is to blame for this type of mindframe
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Im glad the tide is turning on this site & that people are showing more respect for Jamar and what he gotta say.

No it's not. Because he's not saying anything.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Good interview
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

im curious why you say this.

is wisdom something that is promoted...

especially on this site.

more people gravitate towards exposures, negative sometimes untrue detail about someone, or want to stay in a certain realm of thinking without expanding there thought process on other topics.

do you not engage in this behavior, yourself?

someone can post 30 thread about random articles yet 2 threads can define someone. why is that?

is it because we want to see someone fall even tho it goes against conventional wisdom and intelligence?

cant be for entertainment because we have alot of other ? to entertain us.

even someone wanting to exercise his mind by taking a stand against something he believes for a simple debate , can make someone say...your option doesnt hold weight because you just want to debate.

so who is to blame for this type of mindframe

I always find it funny when people make long winded "rebuttal" posts to something that basically says the same thing the guy they quoted just said
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless someone explains to me how O.J. was able to do that Columbian necktie I say that O.J.'s innocent.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamar always give quality interviews

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Unless someone explains to me how O.J. was able to do that Columbian necktie I say that O.J.'s innocent.

It's the super ? theory. Same reason why Mike Brown "charged" at a cop while getting showered with bullets. We negros are super powered/sarcasm.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Jamar on Vlaadtv is always entertaining
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last week I complained cause this ? was talking about something from two months ago...

Now he talking about the oj verdict?

Can we get his opinion on the Berlin wall next week?

a0ij7cfzdlwa.gif