Since Trump Will Be the Republican Nominee Pt. II

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
The G.O.P. loves to tout the fact that they're the "Party of Lincoln," despite the fact that Lincoln himself was racist white supremacist, how black people were originally Republicans, and the social policies of the Great Society have been a determent to black people, isn't it safe to that since Trump (via his racist, trollin' demagoguery, reluctance to condemn racist white supremacist supporters, and some would his views on chicks, Muslims and Latinos) have exposed the Republican Party to be something that most people have long suspected, a political party filled with racists that longingly desire to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964, neuter the vote of minorities, (especially black people,) keep a white Christian majority in America, and give white people, (especially the members of the Neo Gestapo,) the power they once had and that is assault, brutalize, ? and murder black people with impunity?

Also, what does this say about black people who are members of this fanatical political party? Are they self-hatin' ? and Toms that are so embarrassed by black people that they would rather sit up under and cupcake with the enemy to get some crumbs that have fallen from the table of white supremacy as opposed to work for positive change. I have a lot of respect for Colin Powell (and Condelezza Rice to a certain extent,) but you have to wonder about ole boy when these are the people that he's chosen to align himself with politically.

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Oh well, what can you do?

Don't vote for trump.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I predicted this ? at the end of last year. He will loose in the general election. Thus the Republicans are gonna take a long hard look into how they can prevent someone like Trump to ever get that close to even being the nominee again. A lot of black republicans I know are planning on not voting all together tho.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lame attempt, I'm a black republican(or at least align myself with more economically conservative values not their socially conservative values)the fact that neither party will ever do something specifically for black people I hope would get through to people but alas it has not. The only way we as a people will ever get out of our superb economic rut is to generate wealth by getting jobs and slowly building up our local economies, then using that power to elect officials with sound policies and overturn laws that disproportionately effect African Americans within those communities. So as it stands I am voting for Donald trump call me a ? or shout he's racist because that rhetoric has been soundly disproven by simple logic and pitiful insults to me only proves that you are incapable of making a logical argument against why the man should not be president. I am under the impression that trump will be able to provide all Americans with a greater ability to get jobs and sustain themselves which will only help African Americans succeed in the end.
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    I predicted this ? at the end of last year. He will loose in the general election. Thus the Republicans are gonna take a long hard look into how they can prevent someone like Trump to ever get that close to even being the nominee again. A lot of black republicans I know are planning on not voting all together tho.

Which should scare the ? out of you and everyone else. What trump has done is beautiful for American politics he slowly exposing the two party system for what it truly is faulty and in need of change.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lame attempt,

What's lame? So me the flaw that's in my logic. Dude tapped into and exposed the underlying racist and white supremacist tone that always been a part of the Republican Party since those racist muthafuckas welcomed Storm Thrumond'em into the fold 50 years ago.
    So as it stands I am voting for Donald trump call me a ? or shout he's racist because that rhetoric has been soundly disproven by simple logic

Inside the government’s racial bias case against Donald Trump’s company, and how he fought it

h_062597571453477870.jpg?uuid=-EAoVMEfEeWYyH-reGd9UQ
    Donald Trump and his father, Fred, in 1973 at Trump Village, Fred's last project, in Queens. Donald was an apprentice to his father at the time. (Barton Silverman/The New York Times/Redux)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

By Michael Kranish and Robert O'Harrow Jr. January 23

NEW YORK — When a black woman asked to rent an apartment in a Brooklyn complex managed by Donald Trump’s real estate company, she said she was told that nothing was available. A short time later, a white woman who made the same request was invited to choose between two available apartments.

The two would-be renters on that July 1972 day were actually undercover “testers” for a ­government-sanctioned investigation to determine whether Trump Management Inc. discriminated against minorities seeking housing at properties across Brooklyn and Queens.

Federal investigators also gathered evidence. Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

In October 1973, the Justice Department filed a civil rights case that accused the Trump firm, whose complexes contained 14,000 apartments, of violating the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

The case, one of the biggest federal housing discrimination suits to be brought during that time, put a spotlight on the family empire led by its 27-year-old president, Donald Trump, and his father, Fred Trump, the chairman, who had begun building houses and apartments in the 1930s. The younger Trump demonstrated the brash, combative style that would make him famous, holding forth at a news conference in a Manhattan hotel to decry the government’s arguments as “such outrageous lies.” He would also say that the company wanted to avoid renting apartments to welfare recipients of any color but never discriminated based on race.

The Trumps retained Roy Cohn, a defense attorney who two decades earlier had been a top aide to Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) during his infamous effort to root out communists in government. Cohn portrayed the Trumps as the victims and counter-sued the government, demanding it pay them $100 million for falsely accusing them of discrimination.

Trumpdiscrimination_tear01.jpg?uuid=2XtSBsEnEeWYyH-reGd9UQ
    (Tear sheet from U.S. v Fred Trump complaint from October 1973. )

For Trump, whose statements as a presidential candidate about Mexican immigrants, women and Muslims have drawn charges of racism and sexism, his role as a defendant in a discrimination case put him near the center of a civil rights-era struggle over society’s changing views about race and culture. The 20-month legal battle marked the first time Trump became a regular presence on newspaper front pages. It served as an early look at the hardball tactics he has employed in business and, more recently, in politics. And its resolution showed how Trump, even in the heat of battle, is often willing to strike a deal.

This account is based on a review of more than 1,000 pages of court records, including hearing transcripts and affidavits that have received little attention in the decades since the case, as well as interviews with people involved in the case.

Aspects of the case were reported at the time, and other details, such as the racial coding allegations, gained notice in a 1979 Village Voice investigation and more recently in a Daily Beast story.

Trump declined to be interviewed. His attorney, Alan Garten, said via email that there was “absolutely no merit to the allegations.”

“This suit was brought as part of a nationwide inquiry against a number of companies, and the matter was ultimately settled without any finding of liability and without any admission of wrongdoing whatsoever,” Garten said.

One black woman, for example, was turned away at a heavily white complex but told that she should “try to obtain an apartment at Patio Gardens,” where “a black judge had recently become a tenant,” according to government filings.

Phyllis Spiro, a white woman who went undercover in 1973 at a Trump property, told investigators how a building superintendent acknowledged to her “that he followed a racially discriminatory rental policy at the direction of his superiors, and that there were only very few ‘colored’ tenants” at the complex, according to court records.

Spiro, now 86 and living in Brooklyn, said in an interview that she remembers the case vividly. She said she and her fellow housing activists found “a constant pattern and practice of discrimination” at Trump buildings.

And let's not forget the infamous full page ad which was basically calling for a lynch mob after the Central Park Five Indent, and there's the Howard Stern Interview where he says that he wouldn't be comfortable with his daughter dating a black guy, but Trump isn't a racist, alright potna.
    and pitiful insults to me only proves that you are incapable of making a logical argument against why the man should not be president. I am under the impression that trump will be able to provide all Americans with a greater ability to get jobs and sustain themselves which will only help African Americans succeed in the end.

You're the muthafucka that would have been on the plantation talking about that the slaves should be happy and work harder because their master instructed the overseer not to whoop their ? as much as the plantation owner that was down the road. It's dude's like you have the nerve to quote "Human Nature when you question as to why white folks do us that way.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can be considered a conservative but I am no republican.... the truth of the matter is that conservative ideology is better for black people than liberal/leftist ideology
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lame attempt, I'm a black republican(or at least align myself with more economically conservative values not their socially conservative values)the fact that neither party will ever do something specifically for black people I hope would get through to people but alas it has not. The only way we as a people will ever get out of our superb economic rut is to generate wealth by getting jobs and slowly building up our local economies, then using that power to elect officials with sound policies and overturn laws that disproportionately effect African Americans within those communities. So as it stands I am voting for Donald trump call me a ? or shout he's racist because that rhetoric has been soundly disproven by simple logic and pitiful insults to me only proves that you are incapable of making a logical argument against why the man should not be president. I am under the impression that trump will be able to provide all Americans with a greater ability to get jobs and sustain themselves which will only help African Americans succeed in the end.

?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? said he's voting for Trump
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A grahm cracka is still a cracka for a reason
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Think about this for a second. The greatest magician ever Houdini, had no special powers. What he understood greatly was slight of hand. The bigger the stage show, the more the distraction. The easier it is to pull off an illusion and make it appear "godly".

Of the money and influence. Enough influence to over throw a powerful dictatorship in broad day. Enough influence to ? a country of its wealth in broad day. Enough to convince the people that they're intentions are for the good of the people. Lol....that much influence. And they care who the president is?

Nah, you care who the president. The answer to what they are doing is. Why do "you" care who the president is?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Thus the Republicans are gonna take a long hard look into how they can prevent someone like Trump to ever get that close to even being the nominee again.
    i think they did this after 2012 and ended up with... Trump

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not the only one.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The G.O.P. loves to tout the fact that they're the "Party of Lincoln," despite the fact that Lincoln himself was racist white supremacist, how black people were originally Republicans, and the social policies of the Great Society have been a determent to black people, isn't it safe to that since Trump (via his racist, trollin' demagoguery, reluctance to condemn racist white supremacist supporters, and some would his views on chicks, Muslims and Latinos) have exposed the Republican Party to be something that most people have long suspected, a political party filled with racists that longingly desire to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964, neuter the vote of minorities, (especially black people,) keep a white Christian majority in America, and give white people, (especially the members of the Neo Gestapo,) the power they once had and that is assault, brutalize, ? and murder black people with impunity?

Also, what does this say about black people who are members of this fanatical political party? Are they self-hatin' ? and Toms that are so embarrassed by black people that they would rather sit up under and cupcake with the enemy to get some crumbs that have fallen from the table of white supremacy as opposed to work for positive change. I have a lot of respect for Colin Powell (and Condelezza Rice to a certain extent,) but you have to wonder about ole boy when these are the people that he's chosen to align himself with politically.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/907796/posts

During the Kennedy administration, the Republican minority in Congress introduced many bills to protect the constitutional rights of blacks, including a comprehensive new civil rights bill. In February 1963, to head off a return by most blacks to the party of Lincoln, Kennedy abruptly decided to submit to Congress a new civil rights bill. Hastily drafted in a single all-nighter, the Kennedy bill fell well short of what our Party had introduced into Congress the month before. Over the next several months, Democrat racists in Congress geared up for a protracted filibuster against the civil rights bill. The bill was before a committee in the House of Representatives when John Kennedy was murdered in November 1963.

Overall, there was little overt resistance to the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The struggle was not yet over, however, as most southern state governments remained under the control of segregationist Democrats. It was a Republican federal judge who was most responsible for desegregating the South’s public schools. Appointed by President Eisenhower in 1955, Frank Johnson had overturned Montgomery, Alabama’s infamous “blacks in the back of the bus” law in his very first decision. During the 1960s, Judge Johnson continued to advance civil rights despite opposition from George Wallace, Lester Maddox, and other Democrat Governors
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Martin Luther King Jr. and Richard Nixon Were Friends

http://www.democraticunderground.com/101653686

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2013/01/21/when-martin-luther-king-jr-and-richard-nixon-were-friends/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1358782728125.cached.jpg

“I will long remember the rich fellowship which we shared together and the fruitful discussion that we had,” Dr. King later wrote to the vice president, telling him “how deeply grateful all people of goodwill are to you for your assiduous labor and dauntless courage in seeking to make the Civil Rights Bill a reality… This is certainly an expression of your devotion to the highest mandates of the moral law.” Nixon replied in much the same spirit: “I am sure you know how much I appreciate your generous comments. My only regret is that I have been unable to do more than I have. Progress is understandably slow in this field, but we at least can be sure that we are moving steadily and surely ahead.” They talked frequently after that, and in September 1958, after a deranged black woman in Harlem stabbed Dr. King almost fatally, Nixon was among the first to write to him. He praised King’s “Christian spirit of tolerance,” which he said would ultimately win over “the great majority of American for the cause of equality and human dignity to which we are committed.”