If You Could Get One More Studio Album From Any Of The Deceased Who Would It Be? (12 Tracks)

Options

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    5 Grand wrote: »
    ? is full of ? with that enemies and Hennessy ? ... Acting like pac wasn't ripping that all eyez on me and 7 day theory albums. When you got like a thousand songs and alot of it is getting released including the throwaways all recorded within 5 years, anyone would sound repetitive.

Voted for biggie but it would've been interesting where pac would've went musically after 7 day theory

2Pac would have said the same thing over and over again.

Biggie had new ideas like I Got A Story To Tell, Notorious Thugs and 10 ? Commandments.

There's no telling where Biggie would have gone if he had another 18 months.

The Commission >>> One Nation

Judging from 2Pac's unreleased material, its pretty obvious where he was going. If you gave Pac another 18 months he would have fallen off like 50 Cent in 07. Thats EXACTLY what would have happened to 2Pac, he would have made everybody pick sides and eventually people would have gotten sick of him.

2Pac is the kind of person to start off as the life of the party, to making a fool of himself at the party to not getting invited to the party.

I think the fans would have chose Biggie because he didn't try to diss the whole industry. He just threw a couple of subliminals at one person and kept it moving. You can't make enemies in the music industry and make everybody pick sides. Ask 50 Cent.

First of all b don't ever compare 50 to pac. 50 fell off cause his albums did. If Curtis wasn't astrash as it was, he would've lasted longer. 7 day theory is better than AEOM imo. Pac had great concepts also... Dopefiends diner, teardrops and closed caskets, blasphememy, me and my girlfriend, thugz mansion, letter to my unborn everything they owe etc......

Pac saying the same thing over and over is ? . Strictly 4 my ? don't sound like me against the World and thug life, then they don't sound like all eyez on me and AEOM don't sound like 7 day theory. And I have the one nation sessions, they don't sound like the other albums either. those last 4 projects and I'm including one nation sounds NOTHING alike and they dropped or was made in less than 2 years. So what is you talking about b
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate Dogg
    No doubt
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soulja Slim to be honest.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The enemies/Hennessy Pac jabs don't really have merit either. Someone pull that up and you'd find he didn't really do it all that often.

He rhymed thug ? /drug dealer more and even then - y'all are acting like Pac was redundant on the mic? Have you heard the versatility in this man's music?
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    The enemies / Hennessy is just jokes although he did use those a little bit too much in my opinion, what alot of ppl don't realize is that almost all of pacs music he never meant to release publicly

He recorded like 3-5 variations of one topic and picked the best one, so if we got another album from him it would most likely be a solid 13 track album with like 30+ more unreleased tracks he made that he decided wasn't good enough for the album...

With that being said we have mad pac songs and only 2 biggie albums I think hip hop would benefit most from one more new album of biggies
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? C
    i bought this last album just to support but it was what I expected....you can just tell he wasnt present

its like a ? facetiming you into the party.....you saw everything that went down but you're just not there

he had a lot left in him, just with production and hooks alone....most likely would have still been carrying the south today and the space some of the new guys are in would be non existent....that or he'd be callin em out....boy that ? woulda had a word or two for the young thugs of the world lol
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac
    2Pac, i think Big L would of sold out in time, we were never gonna get another Lifestylez type of album again
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    I almost picked pac bc I would love to hear his take on the recent police brutality n racial tension in the good ol usa, then I realized pac was rapping bout all that ? in the 90's n ain't ? changed. So biggie got my vote...I mean dudes last album was a classic double disc...how often does that happen in not just hip hop but music period
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...TORN BETWEEN PAC AND ?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? C
    man we done had so much music from Pac before and after his death, its almost lost its allure

"oh yeah, Pac got another one" lol

not taking anything from him we were just blessed to have gotten as much as we have already
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about 1 more from a living artist

We need one for the culture from either Electronica or Lauryn Hill
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    ? is full of ? with that enemies and Hennessy ? ... Acting like pac wasn't ripping that all eyez on me and 7 day theory albums. When you got like a thousand songs and alot of it is getting released including the throwaways all recorded within 5 years, anyone would sound repetitive.

Voted for biggie but it would've been interesting where pac would've went musically after 7 day theory

Biggie had new ideas like I Got A Story To Tell, Notorious Thugs and 10 ? Commandments.

Judging from 2Pac's unreleased material, its pretty obvious where he was going. If you gave Pac another 18 months he would have fallen off like 50 Cent in 07. Thats EXACTLY what would have happened to 2Pac, he would have made everybody pick sides and eventually people would have gotten sick of him.

2Pac is the kind of person to start off as the life of the party, to making a fool of himself at the party to not getting invited to the party.

I think the fans would have chose Biggie because he didn't try to diss the whole industry. He just threw a couple of subliminals at one person and kept it moving. You can't make enemies in the music industry and make everybody pick sides. Ask 50 Cent.

First of all b don't ever compare 50 to pac. 50 fell off cause his albums did. If Curtis wasn't astrash as it was, he would've lasted longer. 7 day theory is better than AEOM imo. Pac had great concepts also... Dopefiends diner, teardrops and closed caskets, blasphememy, me and my girlfriend, thugz mansion, letter to my unborn everything they owe etc......

Pac saying the same thing over and over is ? . Strictly 4 my ? don't sound like me against the World and thug life, then they don't sound like all eyez on me and AEOM don't sound like 7 day theory. And I have the one nation sessions, they don't sound like the other albums either. those last 4 projects and I'm including one nation sounds NOTHING alike and they dropped or was made in less than 2 years. So what is you talking about b

50 fell off because people got sick of him. His music was irrelevant. I'm not saying 50s music was irrelevant because it wasn't good music, I'm saying his music was irrelevant because it got to a point where nobody was checking for him. I've never heard Curtis, Terminate on Sight, Before I Self Destruct or Animal Ambition. I lost interest after 300 Bars and Checkmate.

The same thing would have happened to Pac. People would have got sick of listening to him complain about his life and people would have gravitated toward Ma$e, The Lox, Master P, DMX, Jay Z, etc. Pac wouldn't have stood a chance against Nas in a battle. Nas would have ate Pac alive.

The only difference is that Ja Rule wouldn't have had a career if Pac lived.

And the Commission project had more potential than One Nation.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie

50 fell off because people got sick of him. His music was irrelevant. I'm not saying 50s music was irrelevant because it wasn't good music, I'm saying his music was irrelevant because it got to a point where nobody was checking for him. I've never heard Curtis, Terminate on Sight, Before I Self Destruct or Animal Ambition. I lost interest after 300 Bars and Checkmate.

The same thing would have happened to Pac. People would have got sick of listening to him complain about his life and people would have gravitated toward Ma$e, The Lox, Master P, DMX, Jay Z, etc. Pac wouldn't have stood a chance against Nas in a battle. Nas would have ate Pac alive.

The only difference is that Ja Rule wouldn't have had a career if Pac lived.

And the Commission project had more potential than One Nation.

Speak for yourself on that one. It became clear of his gimmick when the massacre came out but he still sold a million in four days. Even after that checkmate and 300 bars diss he turned around and went platinum again. People got tired of him cause he talked mad ? and didn't back it up with good music. You honestly think that if Curtis was better than get rich, ? would've been the same? Don't lie to yourself

And why the hell you keep bringing up biggie for? He ain't got ? to do with what I'm saying. Commission album being dope don't got ? to do with me saying I wonder where pac would go after 7 day theory. You just wanted to start another ? tupac vs biggie thread
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Biggie
    I don't think the quality of Curtis made a difference. Thats why people copped Kanye's album instead.

People were just sick of 50 and that's what would have happened to Pac. The fans would have moved on to somebody else.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac
    Add Soulja Slim to that list
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    I don't think the quality of Curtis made a difference. Thats why people copped Kanye's album instead.

People were just sick of 50 and that's what would have happened to Pac. The fans would have moved on to somebody else.

If 50 made like three more albums on the same level as grodt or better maybe then u wouldn't sound stupid comparing him to pac
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac
    How about we quote the amount of rappers that talk about weed, Cristal, Rose, Maybachs, Presidential Rolexes and whatever too??? Pac wasnt/isnt the only rapper rapping about Henney, ... Im sure people can quote aload of Biggie rhymes and find words he repeated... The fact it seems like Pac had 1000's of tunes its not surprising he mentioned a few words more then once... @Built 4 cuban linx has already mentioned some songs that show the depth of Pac's range...
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Biggie
    How about we quote the amount of rappers that talk about weed, Cristal, Rose, Maybachs, Presidential Rolexes and whatever too??? Pac wasnt/isnt the only rapper rapping about Henney, ... Im sure people can quote aload of Biggie rhymes and find words he repeated... The fact it seems like Pac had 1000's of tunes its not surprising he mentioned a few words more then once... @Built 4 cuban linx has already mentioned some songs that show the depth of Pac's range...

Don't get me wrong, Pac is one of my favorite rappers and one of the best to do it. I just think he reached his peak. Besides Changes, Unconditional Love, I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto, Until The End Of Time, Do For Love, Thug Mansionz, I would have been satisfied if his career ended with the Mackavelli album. I never got into his posthumous stuff. I think he said everything he needed to say and there wasn't any room for "growth" or evolution".

Here's what happened; 2Pac was trying to get out of his Death Row contract. So he went to the studio and recorded a bunch of songs in a hurry. If he was happy with his situation he wouldn't have rushed his rhymes and would have taken more time to write.

Although I wouldn't mind if they released the original Mackavelli series as it was recorded instead of over remixed Eminem beats.

And yeah, Biggie rapped about fancy cars and rolexes but he never got to the point where he was rhyming the same two words together like Pac.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pac
    Screwtape wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Is this 2pac "Hennessy Enemies" thing like a long running IC joke or something?

I did a google search once to see how many times he rhymed Hennessy with enemy and penitentiary. To my surprise nobody has ever counted.

Somebody needs to go through his entire discography and see how many times he rhymed those 3 words.

If I had to guess I'd say over 10 times, maybe as many as 20 times.

m8dw7s.jpg

o0z4hf.gif

I may have counted it wrong so that was 14 separate songs with hennesey mentioned out of over 350 commercially released songs? What is that like 2.5% ???
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ? C
    James Jones
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie
    I'm going with Biggie.

2Pac had clearly run out of ideas. he was rhyming Hennessy, Enemy and Penitentiary on every other song.

I think Pac had a lot of potential in Hollywood, but lyrically his career had run its course.

Biggie clearly had more ideas. You can tell by the songs on No Way Out.

I'm sorry, but did you smoke a little ? before this post? 2pac running out of ideas, are you trying to be stupid? Did you hear Makaveli 7 Day Theory? ? is wrong with you man smh.......I voted Biggie only because 2pac already has so many albums, but 2pac was far from done lyrically.