The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canelo vacates title. Says he won't bend by any deadlines and will still fight GGG soon.........
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Canelo vacates title. Says he won't bend by any deadlines and will still fight GGG soon.........

Great move by Canelo, the ball is on lil g´s park now...

Will he take a risk (by conceding to the demands of the most in-demand boxer) and leap at fighting the hottest ticket in boxing right now on the quest for box office/ppv stardom? Or will he continue to fight bums and act entitled when he ain´t never took no risks or made any sacrifices like all the greats before him? The next couple of weeks should be very interesting...

Meanwhile, SOG already signed on to fight KOVALEV!!!
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great move by Canelo, the ball is on lil g´s park now...

Will he take a risk (by conceding to the demands of the most in-demand boxer) and leap at fighting the hottest ticket in boxing right now on the quest for box office/ppv stardom? Or will he continue to fight bums and act entitled when he ain´t never took no risks or made any sacrifices like all the greats before him? The next couple of weeks should be very interesting...

Based on history, I'm going with the latter, but I hope GGG says ? it and goes after it. I been hoping for a while that he gives in to Canelo's only big demand (weight) and goes down and squabs with him.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Don't be surprised if Canelo offer 70-30 $$$ split. If I'm GGG, I accept and get to work.

Just like Mayweather agreed to EVERY single demand placed on him by De La Hoya, GGG should do the same to get what will be the biggest fight of his career.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmaooo might as well forget about it

Floyd gave in for the richest fight in boxing history

It's not the same

800k vs 2.4 mil
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Floyd gave in for the richest fight in boxing history

It's not the same

800k vs 2.4 mil

Still will be GGG biggest payday by far. And he has the chance to become the face
  • Mastery
    edited May 2016
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Floyd gave in for the richest fight in boxing history at the time.

It's not the same

800k vs 2.4 mil
    Fixed.

And this will be the richest fight GGG will most likely ever be involved in. I don't see how he cannot accept bruh.

Floyd knew he had to beat the man to be the man. Canelo is currently the man in boxing. If GGG want that status, he gotta go for it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah

Not worth compromising his self for the weight

You can go up healthy in weight...going down is tricky and not worth it

? just don't believe in putting the work in...he ain't no Robert Guerrero/Berto/Maidana ass ? who need to cash in..he building his own fanbase(2mil last fight not even PPV)

Pressure on Canelo, the public ain't going pay to watch him on PPV w/o a name

? said for years, Floyd really a 140 fighter fighting at 147...got to the Marquez fight and he couldn't get down to 143
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    new adrien broner track "SLAMMER" labelled on youtube as a TMT DIss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qon9V3TAtEs
  • KLICHE
    Options
    @playmaker88 Who did I "abuse" mayne?? Flag me for abuse?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Non boxing adrien Broner ? . dont take it personal playa
  • KLICHE
    Options
    Non boxing adrien Broner ? . dont take it personal playa

Aight...

hqdefault.jpg
  • KLICHE
    Options
    wtf just read Canelo Alvarez has vacated his WBC 160lb belt and now GGG elevated to champ on that belt??
  • Mastery
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    wtf just read Canelo Alvarez has vacated his WBC 160lb belt and now GGG elevated to champ on that belt??

Late dena ? !
  • KLICHE
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Late dena ? !

Ayo, @Mastery Why you gotta be speakin' like my lateness like a ? ?

• KLICHE
    Options
  • Mastery
    edited May 2016
    Options

Top Rank was suing Al Haymon for taking over the boxing game.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canelo isnt dumb he dropped the belt. I think he will give GGG a bad offer and when he doesn't accept it he will move on.

Maybe in a year or two after fatigue if GGG is still going strong it will be the only big money fight left for Canelo and G will be older.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Might be old enough to start boxing in Mexico. ? elementary school.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    So Canelo vs Khan did under 600k. But but but Canelo is a superstar. Lmao

why would you be happ boxings biggest draw did weak numbers? thats bad for the sport
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

why would you be happ boxings biggest draw did weak numbers? thats bad for the sport

Now where in that post did I say I was happy about that?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

I 100% disagree its bad for the sport and I have no problem with boxing biggest draw doing bad numbers with a fight like Khan.

IMO you and a lot of people looking at the ? wrong. If boxing's biggest draw can do great numbers with ? over-matched opponents then what reason does the biggest draw have to fight the most competitive fights if they still going to make great money fighting ? opponents?

The biggest draw getting poor numbers for a BS fight lets them know the public not going to just accept anything I feed them so I need to step my game up and fight the fights the fans want me to fight in order for them to spend their hard earned money.

? like Mayweather vs Berto and Manny vs Algeri, etc. had no business being ppv fights. If they hadn't made money on BS ppv fights before hand then they would've never even tried that ? .

We as fans get what we pay for. If you not going to hold fighters accountable for the opponents they face then we will keep getting ? like Canelo vs Khan. I personally don't enjoy over-matched fights so I don't spend my money on it. If you do then be my guest.