The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why have I never seen the Japanese version before? And why is their ? so much better lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    The Apocalypse movie was wack? If so then that ruined my Sunday.

might catch a bootleg if it's true

Did you actually expect it to be good? Lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Ight just saw Xmen..

? wasn't even that bad at all. It was no where near a franchise killer at all. Apocalypse was lackluster in my opinion but he served his purpose. Overall this new trilogy ? on X1 through 3.

That's like saying getting kicked in the ? is better than getting hit with a bat ...neither is good.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checking out the late IMAX...this ? better be good
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread stay hating on the movie.

This movie was loaded from top to bottom with everything you could want from an Apocalypse movie. If you haven't realized before the X-Men films are made for people who know the source material.
    Bryan Singer fixed the Wolverine origin and gave us a preview of what the 18 rating really means for the new Wolvie movie.

We got the Astral Plane, Apocalypse changing his size, a proper Phoenix Force showing and dat briefcase tho.

• Paprika
    Options
    I think if people realized it early on during the recruiting of his horsemen that we weren't getting an all-out fight you wouldn't be disappointed. The action is lacking compared to the previous Civil War.

In return, there wasn't a moment in this movie that I hated. Well, other than seeing Jennifer Lawrence.

The X-Men movies have continuity and actually are comic books on the big screen.

While I was watching it it felt like a King Lear with X-Men characters. Great stuff. I could fill a whole thread with my thoughts.
  • Paprika
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    This thread stay hating on the movie.

This movie was loaded from top to bottom with everything you could want from an Apocalypse movie. If you haven't realized before the X-Men films are made for people who know the source material.
    Bryan Singer fixed the Wolverine origin and gave us a preview of what the 18 rating really means for the new Wolvie movie.

We got the Astral Plane, Apocalypse changing his size, a proper Phoenix Force showing and dat briefcase tho.

I know the source material and this ? still sucks

What were your complaints?
  • Paprika
    Options
    I need to watch this again on the weekend. There wasn't an IMAX option, I'll watch in 3D this time.
  • Paprika
    Options
    Apocalypse adapting to Quicksilver's speed was ? . Nice they including that into the movie to complement his philosophy.

Scott's costume at the end is a rendition of Age of X and Age of Apocalypse by the way.
  • Paprika
    Options
    Just saw it ? was alright it had sum chances where if writing was better coulda been dope needed more action too and still felt weird jlaw leading the x men and storm and Cyclops aint really do ? lol

This is what I really hate about Fox-Men. Why can't these sorry ? just stick to the actual character plot line? I was looking at tge previews and thinking why the hell is Mystique leading the Fox-Men?

I know Jennifer is the big name in the cast outside of Hue but her character is not the one who should be the main focus. Should have been storm or Cyc since I know they don't have the ? to make a black woman the face of the movie though Storm is a leader in the comics.

Y'all need to stop supporting this ? . Marvel would do it justice owning the movie rights and no one can possibly dispute that at this point.

You've got your Marvel helmet on way too tight. And you haven't even seen the movie yet. If you were hating on The Last Stand that's okay, but Apocalypse is amazing.

Mystique, Beast and Charles have the most field experience in leading a team. You do get your wish for one of the two options to lead the team, but i guess you would have to watch the movie to find out.

Marvel can't even do a story justice, which is what the X-Men are steeped deep in. Marvel feigns the size of scale their story covers. Action and comedy over story and substance. Captain America is the only character that has a good trilogy.

The dream of X-men coming to Marvel died once First-Class went into production. There was a time when Fox wanted to give up the rights but now is not that time.
  • Paprika
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    I cried near the end. This is even better than DOFP.

This movie overwhelmed me.

Actually I might be tripping. They may be tied. Strong cases for both.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was some ? .... they really ? up apocalypse character .
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Aside from Quicksilver this ? was corny as hell
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie wasnt that bad as they said
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wish Singer would get his ? (sp) hands off this franchise. ? so corny, I either laugh or smh. ? apocalypse rubbing ? on the forehead and telling them to join him like Singer does with lil boys.
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Movie wasnt that bad as they said

yea it was aight
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why have I never seen the Japanese version before? And why is their ? so much better lol

those were just restyled intros