Video: Racist Chinese laundry detergent commercial goes viral.. Update: "Apology" issued...

Options

Comments

• chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white stripes on guys face; inferring he's a some sort of savage In the wild..
    Smh
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A racist video that promotes desiring your own race.

What are people really mad about here? ? not getting love from Asian women? You want it to be like the Italian version? This ? , this needing validation of others is insecure.

Safe your energy for a real injustice that comes along. I don't care if these people find us desirable. ? , make your own interracial version if it's that serious.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

What are people really mad about here? ? not getting love from Asian women? You want it to be like the Italian version? This ? , this needing validation of others is insecure.

Safe your energy for a real injustice that comes along. I don't care if these people find us desirable. ? , make your own interracial version if it's that serious.

That's not quite what it's promoting. In China, lighter skin is linked to superiority. Getting rid of the "blackness" is shown as an improvement or a "fix" in the commercial.

I'm not saying people should care about this. After all, it's being shown in a country where hardly any blacks, but let's not flip all the way to the other side here and act like this ? is just good innocent comedy.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white stripes on guys face; inferring he's a some sort of savage In the wild..
    Smh

Or the paint from the paint brush in his hand
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear y'all ? got that victim mentality
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's racistttt
  • kzzl
    edited May 2016
    Options

That's not quite what it's promoting. In China, lighter skin is linked to superiority. Getting rid of the "blackness" is shown as an improvement or a "fix" in the commercial.

I'm not saying people should care about this. After all, it's being shown in a country where hardly any blacks, but let's not flip all the way to the other side here and act like this ? is just good innocent comedy.

You got it mixed up, bruh. Sounds like you're disagreeing with what you bolded in my post, but then you say the same thing the next sentence. Just in your own words.
    I didnt specify Chinese cause regardless of what group the commercial is aimed at, white clothes or dark clothes, it sends the same message.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what his price was? All I can hope is that since he don't speak the language they didn't fully explain the concept of his part in that commercial
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh.

Look at how they reduced the black man in this poster:

Force%20Awakens%20China.jpg

Catering to that "movies with black leading actors don't well in Europe and Asia'' crowd. Bowing to this belief is just as bad as being the racist too.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Social justice warriors would have a fit if a guy threw a fataroonie in there and pulled out a super model.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You got it mixed up, bruh. Sounds like you're disagreeing with what you bolded in my post, but then you say the same thing the next sentence. Just in your own words.
    I didnt specify Chinese cause regardless of what group the commercial is aimed at, white clothes or dark clothes, it sends the same message.

Maybe I didn't explain what I meant right. You were talking about desiring one's own race. That's not the point of the commercial. It's essentially equating having dark skin with being ? or unclean and equating lighter skin with being pure and desirable. She didn't fix him by making him Chinese like her. She fixed him by getting rid of his dark skin.
  • kzzl
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Asians are worst than white ppl.

It varies to be honest. I've been all over Asia and it's mostly the Japanese and South Koreans.

Funny ? is all them Asians hate each other. Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese.

The best Asian people are the Thai's imo. Very humble people with a beautiful spirit about them.

There's supposedly populations of indigenous black Asians in those areas as well. But nobody I personally know that's been to those places has actually seen one.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, Chinese......So she washed the black man and made him a yellow man....I'm surprised she didn't put him back in, add bleach, and make him a white man with a green card.

This is funny bc its true
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Asians are worst than white ppl.

It varies to be honest. I've been all over Asia and it's mostly the Japanese and South Koreans.

Funny ? is all them Asians hate each other. Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese.

The best Asian people are the Thai's imo. Very humble people with a beautiful spirit about them.

There's supposedly populations of indigenous black Asians in those areas as well. But nobody I personally know that's been to those places has actually seen one.

I seen one. Chick look like a thick Amerie when I was Okinawa.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been tryna Tell yall about these ?